any casual fans here?

Jim in Anchorage

I fit in that category I believe. I Do not study roster moves, contracts, cap space, or break down film. But when we nailed that 2 point conversion to make it 20-20 I was screaming and yelling and clapping my hands. I don't know the formation or even who caught it. I just like seeing the Bills win. Does not knowing the details make me less of a fan?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.

Bills fans come in all levels of intesity. The fact that you don't scream to trade the whole team whenever we lose a game probably makes you more of an educated fan then most. Passion in a positive way

is always welcome

Rock-on, and enjoy the fun with the rest of us.

Lol.

Bills fans come in all levels of intesity. The fact that you don't scream to trade the whole team whenever we lose a game probably makes you more of an educated fan then most. Passion in a positive way

is always welcome

Rock-on, and enjoy the fun with the rest of us.

Well I got to enjoy 20-20 for all of-what-1 minute? Then it's 20-27. Well at lest I got my minute!

I fit in that category I believe. I Do not study roster moves, contracts, cap space, or break down film. But when we nailed that 2 point conversion to make it 20-20 I was screaming and yelling and clapping my hands. I don't know the formation or even who caught it. I just like seeing the Bills win. Does not knowing the details make me less of a fan?

Obviously this is a rhetorical question.

Of course it doesn't. I think everyone on the board would rather true fans here(like yourself) regardless of their depth of knowledge of football or the team in general......rather than the swath of fair weather fans we are bound to get when(not if....please don't let it be if) we finally start being a solid contender again.

Obviously this is a rhetorical question.

Of course it doesn't. I think everyone on the board would rather true fans here(like yourself) regardless of their depth of knowledge of football or the team in general......rather than the swath of fair weather fans we are bound to get when(not if....please don't let it be if) we finally start being a solid contender again.

Oh my pedigree is impeccable. lived in 14121 [that's OP for you non serious Bills fans] 71-95. That doesn't mean I care more or less then those who can tell you the life history of every Bills player. I just enjoy the Bills playing. I don't want to run the team.

Oh my pedigree is impeccable. lived in 14121 [that's OP for you non serious Bills fans] 71-95. That doesn't mean I care more or less then those who can tell you the life history of every Bills player. I just enjoy the Bills playing. I don't want to run the team.

That right there is your first mistake Jim. A true Bills man (obviously not you) gets his Jessie Pinkman on at each waking moment when the first thoughts of the front office seep into their consciousness. Slowly building, the rage at the incompetence reaches a crescendo sometime between finishing the first cup of morning coffee and when the pentium 286 is revved up and the 600 baud modem is clear to send. Armed with stacks of inside information gleaned from the Buffalo News, the Rochester D&C, and listening to WGR and Florio, they come fully equipped to lay into the organization, players, and coaches with an entire litany of their incompetencies, while effortlessly expounding on the correct modalities, project planning, and multi-team, multi-player strategic trades, positional moves, and Rube-Goldbergesque play calling that will lift this holy franchise from the depths of hell to the pinnacle of SuperBowl victory.

That right there is your first mistake Jim. A true Bills man (obviously not you) gets his Jessie Pinkman on at each waking moment when the first thoughts of the front office seep into their consciousness. Slowly building, the rage at the incompetence reaches a crescendo sometime between finishing the first cup of morning coffee and when the pentium 286 is revved up and the 600 baud modem is clear to send. Armed with stacks of inside information gleaned from the Buffalo News, the Rochester D&C, and listening to WGR and Florio, they come fully equipped to lay into the organization, players, and coaches with an entire litany of their incompetencies, while effortlessly expounding on the correct modalities, project planning, and multi-team, multi-player strategic trades, positional moves, and Rube-Goldbergesque play calling that will lift this holy franchise from the depths of hell to the pinnacle of SuperBowl victory.

More what kind of car do you drive, bragging on your advanced machinery, while us try to run things from our 8088 machine and 300 baud modem.

I'm a lot of things before I'm a Bills fan. A dad. A son. A brother. A husband. An employee. A homeowner. Lots of things. I don't break down film (let's face it - these guys are watching youtube videos); nor can I name defensive schemes. I pay attention to roster moves. I look up contract details when I'm curious, but I can't rattle them off at a moment's notice.

I consider myself every bit as much of a Bills fan as the guys who know how many pimples are on Garrison's Sanborn's ass on every game day.

To me ... if the Bills are the only NFL team you never want to see lose ... then you're a fan.

that's exactly me...i don't know the difference between a nickel & dime defense...a 3-4 vs 4-3....a mike linebacker???? no clue...i like seeing the one guy throw the ball and the other guy catch the ball. But on sundays i am all amped up for the Bills games...i yell and scream, I bleed buffalo bills football...but nuances of the game aren't really my bag, baby....

Edited by The Poojer

The Dick Jauron era (and the general idiocy of the Bills football section of TSW) helped me to transition from being an obsessive Bills fanatic, to, as Jim says, a more "casual fan". I still read an article or two most days, listen to GR when I can, and I consider myself fairly knowledgable, but I hate throwing so much of my mental energy (the older I get, the less of that I have to waste) on something that, honestly, rarely pays off in a positive way. I don't pour over stats trying to fiugre out how our guys stack up against the rest of the league...I will let somebody else figure that out.

I still watch/go to every game (I have been a fan since 1972, and haven't missed only one game, either live or on television) since 1983, but I just don't get all bent out of shape about things like I used to. I am ,generally, very happy when the Bills win a game, and just kind of blase when they lose. To some, that is being a "bad fan"...to me, it is just being a "smarter fan".

Edited by Buftex

Very casual here. I was cooking for friends and "wathing" the game online. Saw the converted the 2 point and thought big deal.

I usually don't know all the #'s beyond starters. I don't know but a few if I saw them in person if you told me they played for the Bills. However, I could tell you the characteristics of each player. The good and bad. I could tell you what coverage they are playing before I could tell you what number Robey is.

That's also a big reason why I make those big analytical threads I create. It let's a lot of the casual football fans learn about the X's and O's

I usually don't know all the #'s beyond starters. I don't know but a few if I saw them in person if you told me they played for the Bills. However, I could tell you the characteristics of each player. The good and bad. I could tell you what coverage they are playing before I could tell you what number Robey is.

That's also a big reason why I make those big analytical threads I create. It let's a lot of the casual football fans learn about the X's and O's

Boyst, you're more of what I'd consider a student of defenses; which isn't related to you being a Bills fan, per se. Your analytical threads are good, because no one can choose sides between X's and O's. Thanks for those threads.