Toronto writer: Buffalo (the City) sucks

\GoBillsInDallas/

Without reading that article yet I find it comical that Canadians feel we need them.

My fiancé works at the border and constantly gets this answer as to why Canadians are coming into the US.

"Going to the Galleria, gotta stimulate the US economy, EH!"

That pisses me off beyond belief. Regardless if they help the economy or not, I don't want to feel that we NEED them. We don't. They trash the parking lots, they trash the Bills games, they are drunken idiots. I'm ok without them completely.

Really?

Condemn all Canadians?

I suppose no Americans act like a..holes when they go north across the border.

Funny, Kelly is a sometimes-decent baseball writer when assigned to the Jays.

No idea exactly what he is trying to do here, but the last sentence tells me it's a bit tongue in cheek and he's kind of making a bit of veiled fun at Toronto's cosmopolitan reputation, too.

That said... why?

If this dude wants a war, let's start:

The Maple Leafs last won the Cup before the Sabres existed. They ought to think on that.

Also, they picked up Tim Connolly AFTER the Sabres took seven years to discover he was made of porcelain.

I really hate hearing crap like this in Toronto. I recall being up there when Gilmore was drafted and they had a low-blow column basically saying the man's next few years are ruined because he was drafted by Buffalo.

Every once in awhile I see on a message board, things like "The Sabres and Bills only exist because of Canadians" pop up.

The truth is, I love Canada, and love the fact that they come down here and spend money. We need it. We arent so good to not be able to admit that. I recently moved back (as have about 10 of my friends recently because there seems to be jobs now)... and had to wait 40 minutes on a Wednesday night to be seated for dinner. This is good to see.

The city of Toronto is awesome too and it is crazy a growing city of that size and cultural diversity is an hour away.

I also like the CFL.

Likewise, Torontonians can take a break and come down to Buffalo for some affordable tax-"free" shopping, less traffic, good food, a Bills game, concerts, etc...

Im not going to feel the need to take a dump on a City/Region because of a hockey fight conducted by millionaires.

Without reading that article yet I find it comical that Canadians feel we need them.

My fiancé works at the border and constantly gets this answer as to why Canadians are coming into the US.

"Going to the Galleria, gotta stimulate the US economy, EH!"

That pisses me off beyond belief. Regardless if they help the economy or not, I don't want to feel that we NEED them. We don't. They trash the parking lots, they trash the Bills games, they are drunken idiots. I'm ok without them completely.

The author is an a*hole, we all agree on that!

BUT, we do need Canada. They're the most Loyal Friends we could have. Get over the Galleria comments! They're going because of the perceived "deals" just like everyone else. If the USA ever pulls its head out of its ass, we'll hook up with Keystone and maybe put some of our own people back to work.

If anyone remembers the '79 iran Hostage situation it was Canada who risked a lot to protect many of our people caught in that mess. Canada has fought along side us in every conflict including the Afghanastan mess.

We couldn't ask for better friends than Canada, and Australia. We have strong language and cultural ties that could never be reproduced and are in fact priceless in this day and age.

I really hate hearing crap like this in Toronto. I recall being up there when Gilmore was drafted and they had a low-blow column basically saying the man's next few years are ruined because he was drafted by Buffalo.

Every once in awhile I see on a message board, things like "The Sabres and Bills only exist because of Canadians" pop up.

The truth is, I love Canada, and love the fact that they come down here and spend money. We need it. We arent so good to not be able to admit that. I recently moved back (as have about 10 of my friends recently because there seems to be jobs now)... and had to wait 40 minutes on a Wednesday night to be seated for dinner. This is good to see.

The city of Toronto is awesome too and it is crazy a growing city of that size and cultural diversity is an hour away.

I also like the CFL.

Likewise, Torontonians can take a break and come down to Buffalo for some affordable tax-"free" shopping, less traffic, good food, a Bills game, concerts, etc...

Im not going to feel the need to take a dump on a City/Region because of a hockey fight conducted by millionaires.

If it makes a difference the rest of Canada hates Toronto as well. Perceived to have a superior type arrogance.

Did anybody used to go to Uncle Sam's in the early 80s? Were you ever there when Canadians were not there starting trouble? Yeah, me neither.

I never got why they would bother coming down just to start ****.

I loved going to Uncle Sam's and I just went there because of the women and the sound system. Never caused any trouble myself but my buddy I was with once threw up right on the table. I think that may be kind of a Canadian thing.

Edited by Dante

If it makes a difference the rest of Canada hates Toronto as well. Perceived to have a superior type arrogance.

I loved going to Uncle Sam's and I just went there because of the women and the sound system. Never caused any trouble myself but my buddy I was with once threw up right on the table. I think that may be kind of a Canadian thing.

Was Canadian money taken @ par too?

I loved going to Uncle Sam's and I just went there because of the women

This was the only reason I went. I didn't even like the music there...........And, I definitely didn't like getting in fights with drunk Canadians! LOL

Yeah, now that I think of it, Exiled, I think it was Canadian money at par there.

This was the only reason I went. I didn't even like the music there...........And, I definitely didn't like getting in fights with drunk Canadians! LOL

Yeah, now that I think of it, Exiled, I think it was Canadian money at par there.

And I think it was $1 a beer and it was at par I'm pretty sure.