Please comment on this video

4merper4mer

Do I have to watch it or can I just comment on the title and the 1 frame that shows up?

Because basing my thoughts on those two aspects make me think:

Turn the lights out and use more lube?

I can see why you might say that but you actually missed the point. If you watch the video and don't know why they used an ugly chick, I will be able to explain that.

I'm not a professional musician, but I've played guitar for 44 years and am in a band that performs in Austin. illegal downloading does screw people out of money, but the record companies are the ones that take the brunt of it, not the musicians. what usually happens on the artist side is that the record companies have less money to offer the artist for making their album and for funding a tour to promote the album. that certainly does effect the artist, but the big victims, as I've already said, are the record companies.

unless you're someone like U2, Madonna, or Lady Gaga, as an artist you make most of yourr money in merch sales (t-shirts, etc)

Pretty great video...but I think you won't get a lot of people here to spend 1:40 to get the point...I know a lot of people who work hard to make a living playing and creating music... buy their CD's if you like them, don't burn them.

you're here in Austin too, aren't you? I'm kind of surprised that the issue wasn't as big a deal here as it might have been, considering everyone and their mother plays an instrument in this town.

I once commented to a friend of mine that you can't throw a frisbee without hitting a guitar player, and he replied that you can't throw a guitar around here wiithout hitting a frisbee player. :lol:

I'm all ears.

They used an ugly chick for two reasons:

1. Attractive artists usually make money and don't have to worry that much about what is being stolen from them. They should; but they don't because they are musicians and they are dumb.

2. They use the ugly chick to appeal to the granola crowd who generally think stealing is ok. Those are the "minds" they are trying to change. If they used a babe there, the granolas would wish that the little girl took the money and then bashed the musician over the head because they are jealous of attractive people.

My passion is putting air into bottles. I deserve to make a living at it, because it is my passion. You should feel obligated to purchase my bottles of air, rather than to breathe that which is freely available.

How much do you pay for your bottles or do you steal those too?

Anyway, this thread is for comments about the video. I think there is a thread for simultaneously erroneous, obtuse, and falsely superior comments somewhere else on the board. If not you can create one. But once you create it, you won't have created it anymore.

Edited by 4merper4mer

1. Attractive artists usually make money and don't have to worry that much about what is being stolen from them. They should; but they don't because they are musicians and they are dumb.

that's a bit presumptive, don't you think?

My passion is putting air into bottles. I deserve to make a living at it, because it is my passion. You should feel obligated to purchase my bottles of air, rather than to breathe that which is freely available.

This is the first thing that made me laugh today.