Now for some positivity?

YoloinOhio

The Bills only lost by a touchdown because of all the penalties against the Jets. If it wasn't for that, the Bills lose by alot more. So In all honestly, I cannot see this as a positive. The fact the Bills lost to a team who had a crazy amount of penalties and two turnovers, is a negative. The Bills were awful.

Ok, to turn that around, if the Bills have ANYONE other than Justin Rogers playing CB, the Jets likely don't score more than 13 points that game...that might be the worst performance by a single player I have ever had the misfortune of watching...

Why is he still on the team when players like Trufant and Sheldon Brown are available. They might not be great, but they are certainly better than what we have now...makes zero sense to keep trotting Rogers out there to get smoked on the regular

The Bills only lost by a touchdown because of all the penalties against the Jets. If it wasn't for that, the Bills lose by alot more. So In all honestly, I cannot see this as a positive. The fact the Bills lost to a team who had a crazy amount of penalties and two turnovers, is a negative. The Bills were awful.

If I had 3 arms I could drink a beer and type on the computer at the same time. The Jets self-destructed, but it takes two teams to play a game. If the McLovin doesn't go down with a hammy, we likely win despite everything else. We could go on all day about IFs. This is a positivity thread!

You ignored my point about the FG's. We covert on those 2 turnovers that we got in the redzone and we win by a point. Jets were awful on their own, so were the Bills. The amount of penalties doesn't change the fact that they lost by 7 points. The Bills also had penalties that hurt them.

And still nobody mentions Manny Lawson who was the best player on the field for either team.

His name from now on is MANny Lawson

You cannot afford to turn the ball over in a close game. You have to protect the ball.

There is a point of diminishing returns for that philosophy and I think the Bills flirted with that line in Weeks 1&2 and then took a gigantic leap over it yesterday.

We are not making a playoff run this year; now is the time to let EJ go out there and make the mistakes that he needs to learn from.

By overprotecting him from himself,the Bills are stifling his development in a year that should be focused on making him a more complete QB.

I couldn't care less if he goes out there and throws 25 picks this year because it's not going to hurt a team that is not in the hunt.

I do care if he spends three months not being allowed to attack all parts of the field, because in the longer run, that will hurt this team.

This might not sound positive but you just have to look at it in the right light.

I was fairly upset last night watching the game and then I realized later, we only lost by a TD. 4 FG's that could have been 28 points instead of 12. I know the team looked awful last night but realizing how depleted our secondary was and how ineffective our offense was we still only lost by a TD. The jets weren't good (other than the D-line), we just had a really bad day and that's going to happen with this new crew. Take the licks and move on to next week.

Dude. Showing up this time of night. Weren't you supposed to show up early and start the game thread like last week?

Don't let down the side.

Anyone who thought we'd have zero stinkers during a season led by a rookie head coach, a rookie quarterback and a 33-year-old offensive coordinator was delusional.

Also: Geno's a punk.

they must have missed the Kook Aide line

EVEN good teams have stinkers. see the NFL standings

My positives to add:

1. We have an accurate field goal kicker. Been pleasantly surprised with Dan Carpenter. He's kept us in all three games.

2. Kiko Alonso. A game-changing linebacker that we haven't had for a long time.

:thumbsup:

Positive #Bills tweet: Kiko Alonso is @PFF's top ILB in coverage with a +3.3 rating. #BillsMafia

And still nobody mentions Manny Lawson who was the best player on the field for either team.

His name from now on is MANny Lawson

There is a point of diminishing returns for that philosophy and I think the Bills flirted with that line in Weeks 1&2 and then took a gigantic leap over it yesterday.

We are not making a playoff run this year; now is the time to let EJ go out there and make the mistakes that he needs to learn from.

By overprotecting him from himself,the Bills are stifling his development in a year that should be focused on making him a more complete QB.

I couldn't care less if he goes out there and throws 25 picks this year because it's not going to hurt a team that is not in the hunt.

I do care if he spends three months not being allowed to attack all parts of the field, because in the longer run, that will hurt this team.

I agree that you need to take shots down field and develop that part of his game - when the time is right. But if the WRs aren't getting separation and EJ isn't looking accurate, yesterday's game was not the game to start experimenting if you want to win. Winning is the first priority. Edited by YoloInTheBlo