Sabres brawl from last night

\GoBillsInDallas/

To add some context, 6' Sabre Corey Tropp had scored a goal. Next shift he had to fight 6'5" Devine of Leafs. Tropp got knocked down, hit his head on ice, and had to be helped off.

Sabres weren't happy about that and sent out Scott to address the situation. Carlyle could have put anyone out with last change, but put out Kessel. Scott would have taken on whoever came out to show the Leafs they weren't going to be allowed to intimidate the smaller players. But the Leafs put out Kessel as the sacrificial lamb. Scott did his job with the closest dance partner.

Kessel has previously used his stick that way in a game against Philly, so this is not unprecedented. I don't like that the linesman grabbed Scott as two other Leafs jumped him. Grab all of them or let them go.

No he didn't, Tropp started that fight.....too bad for him he picked the wrong guy......

Rolston fined for player selection and team conduct. WTF, now the league gets to tell a coach who they can play? Plus Scott was already on from the last shift, Rolston didn't send him out.

If anyone should be fined for player selection it shoul be Darcy Regier for his career.

The league has to appease the Toronto fans and get a pound of flesh from the Sabres. What rule in the book says who a player is allowed to fight? They can get an instigator and fighting penalty, but that's it. Scott got jumped by two Leafs and a linesman, and still got slashed and speared by Kessel while being held back.

Kessel suspended for rest of preseason! What a joke. Are the going to give him an official NHL purse as a parting gift too?

Edited by PastaJoe

I love hockey brawls. It is hilarious though that if a fight happens in the NBA, they are a bunch if thugs. In hockey, they are good ol' tough guys.

During hockey fights hockey players fight hockey players. They stand toe to toe and throw punches.

During basketball fights, basketball players sucker punch fat kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WkTteGdPwE

They also don't set their feet, and then backpedal swiftly.

See Anthony, Carmelo

During hockey fights hockey players fight hockey players. They stand toe to toe and throw punches.

During basketball fights, basketball players sucker punch fat kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WkTteGdPwE

They also don't set their feet, and then backpedal swiftly.

See Anthony, Carmelo

The fat kids ran on the court and the players were outnumbered by about 22000.

I did....I watched it. They were battling with their sticks back and forth....Tropp grabbed his jersey and pulled him towards him and threw the first punch. He was a willing participant.

I watched it too, but I don't know how you could possibly tell who started the fight.

And I love fights. But it's hilarious that the when a NBA player gets in a fight, it's a crime against society. But in hockey, players assault each other with sticks & would be arrested if it happen on the street, but it's just part of the game. They aren't thugs. They just are hard nosed.

And hopefully for the first time in 10 years, the Sabres aren't a bunch of cowards.