Sabres brawl from last night

\GoBillsInDallas/

Can't wait to see how many games Kessell gets. That stick swinging stuff is cheap and cowardly.

No kidding. I went over to the Toronto Sun to see their reaction and only 38% of Laffs fans think Kessel deserves a suspension. I'll grant you I'd be in that 62% had he stopped with the first slash but when he went after him a second time when he was engaged with some other idiot, that's automatic to me.

Yeah and that big goon jumping Kessel is not? I agree kessel should be suspended, but Scott is a waste of a roster spot!

No he isn't. It's not like the Sabres are one player away from being a Stanley Cup contender. I'll agree with you that it was pretty stupid to go after Kessel - not sure what the new coach was thinking at that point. I get putting Scott on the ice but there's no way you don't call him off when you see the line combo Toronto put out there. He's lucky he didn't actually get his hands on Kessel because if he'd really hurt him that might have been it for him.

No he isn't. It's not like the Sabres are one player away from being a Stanley Cup contender. I'll agree with you that it was pretty stupid to go after Kessel - not sure what the new coach was thinking at that point. I get putting Scott on the ice but there's no way you don't call him off when you see the line combo Toronto put out there. He's lucky he didn't actually get his hands on Kessel because if he'd really hurt him that might have been it for him.

I don't like the stick swinging stuff, but he is trying to save his life......so I kinda get it. But, yeah...stop the swinging when he is no longer going to kill you...

Rolston couldn't pull Scott off after Carlyle sent out Kessel. Home team has last crack at a line change. Carlyle deserves some of the blame. You see Scott on the ice, you don't put your stars on the ice. He needs to look and say "ok bad idea, lets change that up"

I don't agree with Scott going after Kessel but Kessel deserves 5-10 games for that, it's not like those were love taps, those were intent to injure slashes.

Rolston couldn't pull Scott off after Carlyle sent out Kessel. Home team has last crack at a line change. Carlyle deserves some of the blame. You see Scott on the ice, you don't put your stars on the ice. He needs to look and say "ok bad idea, lets change that up"

I don't agree with Scott going after Kessel but Kessel deserves 5-10 games for that, it's not like those were love taps, those were intent to injure slashes.

When I said "call him off", I meant "tell him not to start any crap off the faceoff".

For sure......

Yeah and that big goon jumping Kessel is not? I agree kessel should be suspended, but Scott is a waste of a roster spot!

. So was rob ray then

You need a guy like him . Who on this team will fight and kick ass.

To add some context, 6' Sabre Corey Tropp had scored a goal. Next shift he had to fight 6'5" Devine of Leafs. Tropp got knocked down, hit his head on ice, and had to be helped off.

Sabres weren't happy about that and sent out Scott to address the situation. Carlyle could have put anyone out with last change, but put out Kessel. Scott would have taken on whoever came out to show the Leafs they weren't going to be allowed to intimidate the smaller players. But the Leafs put out Kessel as the sacrificial lamb. Scott did his job with the closest dance partner.

Kessel has previously used his stick that way in a game against Philly, so this is not unprecedented. I don't like that the linesman grabbed Scott as two other Leafs jumped him. Grab all of them or let them go.

Can't wait to see how many games Kessell gets. That stick swinging stuff is cheap and cowardly.

That was the worst thing out of that mess. I used to like Kessel now I just think he fights like a little girl.

Well maybe what is worse than that is I drafted Clarkson on my fantasy team last night. Now he's going to get a 10 suspension.

Edited by Dante

Hockey fights are barbaric and stupid ;) , 2 crappy teams going after each other. Who cares? (although that was the most awesome Sabre's clip I have seen in a couple of years).

I am still on strike, first because we still have a crap GM who should have been gone long before the coach (who should have been gone too), a rich boy owner who has thick wool over his eyes (and made a fortune on fracking) and second because of the strike. The owners are more money grubbing low life by far than the NFL and that is saying a lot. i.e. the number of this years winter classics/whatever you call them.