Injuries from Jets game: status of players?

jahnyc

pathetic.we need him and he knows it.

I'm sure he's hurting and I don't really care whether he comes back or not at this point. Honestly. It's just that you go down the list of injuries like "torn aorta" or "ruptured spleen" and then you get to "sore feet." It just sticks out like a sore thumb.

Or foot.

GO BILLS!!!

The Byrd story hasn't received much press lately, but I suspect that it's now quite ugly. I'd love to hear more.

Why would you say it's gotten uglier? I think it's static between the FO and him and his agent. Locker room maybe?

Although I loved Marrone's choice of words in today's Buffalo News article. "...Gilmore is out, Leodis is out, Byrd's not playing."

GO BILLS!!!

Why would you say it's gotten uglier? I think it's static between the FO and him and his agent. Locker room maybe?

Although I loved Marrone's choice of words in today's Buffalo News article. "...Gilmore is out, Leodis is out, Byrd's not playing."

GO BILLS!!!

Link to the article? I heard that he said this as well but can't find it anywhere... in the most recent article in the News (updated 12:55am) it still said we "may" be without McKelvin.

Link to the article? I heard that he said this as well but can't find it anywhere... in the most recent article in the News (updated 12:55am) it still said we "may" be without McKelvin.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-are-low-on-defensive-backs-20130925?two-bills-drive

“The elephant in the room — and everyone knows — is that Gilmore is out, Leodis is out, Byrd’s not playing,” Marrone said. “You’re looking to attack, and you’re going to attack the secondary. The one thing I’ve always realized about this league is no one ever feels sorry for you. You’ve heard that expression before, and it’s really the truth.”

GO BILLS!!!

That's an old quote by Marrone in the article. I don't think McKelvin has been declared out.

Well, I wouldn't put it past the snooze to use an old quote for a new article. But still, I found the words for Byrd interesting.

GO BILLS!!!

That's an old quote by Marrone in the article. I don't think McKelvin has been declared out.

Posted by Chris Brown on September 25, 2013 – 12:21 pm

Leodis McKelvin and C.J. Spiller are both practicing here on Wednesday, but they’re not doing everything.

We’ll wait for the official practice participation designation from coach Marrone this afternoon, but both look to be limited.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't have any evidence, but the Marrone quote combined with the fact that Byrd played well even with the injury last season and the fact that the secondary is decimated tells me that not all is happy in Bills-land. The team has to be royally pissed at Byrd for not gutting it out even just a teensy bit given the secondary situation.

I don't have any evidence, but the Marrone quote combined with the fact that Byrd played well even with the injury last season and the fact that the secondary is decimated tells me that not all is happy in Bills-land. The team has to be royally pissed at Byrd for not gutting it out even just a teensy bit given the secondary situation.

That may well be. I am sure just as obvious to his coaches and his team mates that he has decided to collect a paycheck and do nothing. If he was any kind of man he would be playing.

good god, no we are not drafting another running back. our o-line is horrible again. great job russ letting levitre and rinehart walk. maybe you could have used some of that "toronto initiative" $$$ to keep our line intact ....since we finally had one that could play after 15 years of sucking

Losing Levitre was by far the worst loss of offseason. Guards dont get noticed till they are GONE and u see what BAD guard play. On top of it, Levitre was a rock... was always on field , didnt have injury issues as was extremely versatile along line (except center, we all remember that debocle!) Its not like we didnt have the cap space. Obviously the money was high, but we really dont have much money devoted to OL. Wood just signed long term deal, Glenn is still in rookie contract. Pears is not expensive and the backups (including Brown cuz it makes me sick mentioning his name as a starter). With all the dough we dropped in past 2 yrs on D with Mario, extentending Kyle, mistake in Anderson. If you are going with the philosophy of building through the line, u build BOTH lines. He was such a huge loss for us and cuz he's simply a guard, it didnt seem as overwhelming. When u dont hear a guys name being called during the game, that means he;s doing his job and working effectively on his guy. Brown name and lowlights are shown WAY too often.

As u said, even Rhinehart for god;s sake! He's been very solid so far with SD is easily much better than Brown and Legursky TOGETHER

In the words of Marrone today: "Gilmore is out, Leodis is out, Byrd is not playing."

1. Interesting choice of words on Byrd

2. I need more coffee

:(((((((

Join me and enjoy a rockstar and banana.

by the way what kind of stupid breakfast is that? Yet that's what I just did.....

Losing Levitre was by far the worst loss of offseason. Guards dont get noticed till they are GONE and u see what BAD guard play. On top of it, Levitre was a rock... was always on field , didnt have injury issues as was extremely versatile along line (except center, we all remember that debocle!) Its not like we didnt have the cap space. Obviously the money was high, but we really dont have much money devoted to OL. Wood just signed long term deal, Glenn is still in rookie contract. Pears is not expensive and the backups (including Brown cuz it makes me sick mentioning his name as a starter). With all the dough we dropped in past 2 yrs on D with Mario, extentending Kyle, mistake in Anderson. If you are going with the philosophy of building through the line, u build BOTH lines. He was such a huge loss for us and cuz he's simply a guard, it didnt seem as overwhelming. When u dont hear a guys name being called during the game, that means he;s doing his job and working effectively on his guy. Brown name and lowlights are shown WAY too often.

As u said, even Rhinehart for god;s sake! He's been very solid so far with SD is easily much better than Brown and Legursky TOGETHER

Ralph is cheap?