The peaceful religion: September 22, 2013

So there has been no changes in humanity or how humans view religion since the crusades? So your thoughts are "well it's happened before so the fact that it's happening again we should just ignore it?"

and it will happen again in the course of human history... I am not saying it is just Religion, but that seem to be a convenient conduit for evil people to get others pumped up about supremacy, hate and violence. But again, 99.9% of Religious people go about their lives in a peaceful manner.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a horrible mischaracterization of the crusades.

The crusades were fought in response to Islamic jihad. They were a defensive effort.

Horse crap! Was the slaughtering of the Jews in Germany during the Crusade or the sacking of Constantiople defensive? There was a defensive justification, but it was just cover for pure selfish interests

The crusades were fought by wealthy land owners and their sons, nearly all of whom exhausted their personal fortunes and acquired no wealth from their time in service to their church. The Crusades were entered into solely by the upperclass who pledged all they owned in order to free their conquered Christian brethren, and restore their lands to them. Literally no one, save neo-Islamic revisionists even disputes that the first crusade was 100% defensive.

The crusades were fought by wealthy land owners and their sons, nearly all of whom exhausted their personal fortunes and acquired no wealth from their time in service to their church. The Crusades were entered into solely by the upperclass who pledged all they owned in order to free their conquered Christian brethren, and restore their lands to them. Literally no one, save neo-Islamic revisionists even disputes that the first crusade was 100% defensive.

Peter The Hermit? He was wealthy??? :doh:

Peter the Hermit was a member of the clergy.

We're discussing non-clergy knights of Christiandom.

Try and keep up, please.

His followers? And what about the slaughtering of the Jews in Germany?

And the Christians did get their asses beat, and not just by each other

His followers? And what about the slaughtering of the Jews in Germany?

His followers who were not wards of the Church were largely comprised of, or attended by, knights and nobles.

The "slaughter" of Jews in Germany was at the hands of rogue elements, acting against the desires and instruction of the Church. The killing of Jews was actually condemned by the Church, with St. Bernard frequently preaching against their harm.

"Ask anyone who knows the Sacred Scriptures what he finds foretold of the Jews in the Psalm. "Not for their destruction do I pray," it says. The Jews are for us the living words of Scripture, for they remind us always of what our Lord suffered.... Under Christian princes they endure a hard captivity, but "they only wait for the time of their deliverance."

And the Christians did get their asses beat, and not just by each other

I'm not sure why that matters, at all. But in regard to the First Crusade, it's historically inaccurate.

His followers who were not wards of the Church were largely comprised of, or attended by, knights and nobles.

The "slaughter" of Jews in Germany was at the hands of rogue elements, acting against the desires and instruction of the Church. The killing of Jews was actually condemned by the Church, with St. Bernard frequently preaching against their harm.

"Ask anyone who knows the Sacred Scriptures what he finds foretold of the Jews in the Psalm. "Not for their destruction do I pray," it says. The Jews are for us the living words of Scripture, for they remind us always of what our Lord suffered.... Under Christian princes they endure a hard captivity, but "they only wait for the time of their deliverance."

I'm not sure why that matters, at all. But in regard to the First Crusade, it's historically inaccurate.

I can't believe anyone would defend such an endeavor. The Church just wanted to get rid of these violent people and told them they would get salvation if they died in the east. They also figured they could steal land out east also. There were few if any pure motives as the sacking of Constantinople in 1204 a Christian city attests. No wonder the Byzantine Emperor refused to let those animals in the city, no one wanted them, even in the 1090's.

And why "Slaughter?" No, the Crusaders f'n slaughtered them! Just like they slaughtered the population of Jerusalam. All in the name of the Great Christian Lord!

I can't believe anyone would defend such an endeavor. The Church just wanted to get rid of these violent people and told them they would get salvation if they died in the east. They also figured they could steal land out east also. There were few if any pure motives as the sacking of Constantinople in 1204 a Christian city attests. No wonder the Byzantine Emperor refused to let those animals in the city, no one wanted them, even in the 1090's.

And why "Slaughter?" No, the Crusaders f'n slaughtered them! Just like they slaughtered the population of Jerusalam. All in the name of the Great Christian Lord!

I see that, once again, when faced with actual facts, you've fled into the realm of trolling and the absurd.

It's absolutely bizzare to me that anyone would want to behave like you. You command zero respect, dance around the edges of things you don't know or understand, and act like an ass in general. Everyone, every last solitary one of us, laughs at you.

Why do you embrace spin, rather than accepting facts? Why is ideology more important to you than reality, and why do you constantly bend and even break truth inorder to bolster the obviously incorrect?

You can't possibly enjoy living like this. Don't you actually want people to respect you? Don't you desire to atleast appear to be intelligent? Wouldn't you care to be right atleast some fragment of the time? You can't possibly be happy.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I see that, once again, when faced with actual facts, you've fled into the realm of trolling and the absurd.

It's absolutely bizzare to me that anyone would want to behave like you. You command zero respect, dance around the edges of things you don't know or understand, and act like an ass in general. Everyone, every last solitary one of us, laughs at you.

Why do you embrace spin, rather than accepting facts? Why is ideology more important to you than reality, and why do you constantly bend and even break truth inorder to bolster the obviously incorrect?

You can't possibly enjoy living like this. Don't you actually want people to respect you? Don't you desire to atleast appear to be intelligent? Wouldn't you care to be right atleast some fragment of the time? You can't possibly be happy.

TYTT...save that fatherly advice for your children or people you really care about. For gatorman I think a "would you just shut the !@#$ up already!" would have sufficed.

why do some people throw rocks at cars? why do they make whoopie cushions and remote control fart machines? the answer is basically the same. it's purely to get a rise out of us and to have fun at our expense. there are some striking similarities between gatorboy and someone else who used to post here. the last few replies of mine to him were intended to gague his response, and he behaved very much as I would have expected him to. whether or not my suspicions are correct, he is obviously trying to bait as many of us as he can into ridiculous or futile arguements, purely for his own entertainment.

personally, I don't think he even makes a good cat toy, and I don't think he believes a tenth of what he says.

Sorry, you are just wrong, and your idea that the Crusades were somehow "defensive" is just plain stupid

You can find alot of stuff on the net. Alien autopsies, schematics for time machines, the Bilderberg's plans for global domination, MSNBC, and all kinds of other stuff nobody takes seriously

I'm pretty sure that the Christians and Jews rejected Muhammad as a Prophet of God.

So, by this logic (or lack thereof), Jesus isn't our savior because the Jews have REJECTED him as the Messiah?

As far as Jews are concerned, Jesus is not the Messiah. But Jesus was a Jew. And he was a Rabbi as well. Muhammad was neither Jew nor Christian. How can he be a Prophet of God? How can Islam be an the third Abrahamic religion (after Judaism and Christianity) when the Christians and Jews rejected Muhammad?

Any of you people read "Satanic Verses"?

The crusades were fought in response to Islamic jihad. They were a defensive effort.

Pope Urban II's call to the Crusades predates the very concept of jihad as "holy war" by about 50 years.

And Urban II's specific goal was to liberate Jerusalem, not defend Christendom against Islam. If his goal was to defend Christendom, he wouldn't have taken the vows of Catalans to crusade to Jerusalem who would otherwise have been fighting the much more threatening Almoravids in Spain.

I'm pretty sure that the Christians and Jews rejected Muhammad as a Prophet of God.

As far as Jews are concerned, Jesus is not the Messiah. But Jesus was a Jew. And he was a Rabbi as well. Muhammad was neither Jew nor Christian. How can he be a Prophet of God? How can Islam be an the third Abrahamic religion (after Judaism and Christianity) when the Christians and Jews rejected Muhammad?

Any of you people read "Satanic Verses"?

Who says Judeo-Christianity is the final arbiter of who is and is not a prophet?

And plenty of Christians and Jews have accepted that Mohammed is a prophet of Allah. It's called "conversion."

Who says Judeo-Christianity is the final arbiter of who is and is not a prophet? And plenty of Christians and Jews have accepted that Mohammed is a prophet of Allah. It's called "conversion."

Because Muhammad claimed to be an Abrahamic Prophet of God. But the members of the Abrahamic religions of Judaism and Christianity rejected Muhammad as one of their Prophets of God.

In fact, Muhammad claimed to be the LAST Abrahamic Prophet of God.

And while many Christians and Jews have converted from their religion to the cult of Islam, there are countless millions of Muslims who converted from being alive to being savagely murdered dead in the name of Muhammad.

It's not about Islam.

It's about proven liar, rapist, slave owner, thief, killer Muhammad!

You don't know much about Muhammad, do you?

Edited by PearlHowardman

Because Muhammad claimed to be an Abrahamic Prophet of God. But the members of the Abrahamic religions of Judaism and Christianity rejected Muhammad as one of their Prophets of God.

In fact, Muhammad claimed to be the LAST Abrahamic Prophet of God.

And while many Christians and Jews have converted from their religion to the cult of Islam, there are countless millions of Muslims who converted from being alive to being savagely murdered dead in the name of Muhammad.

It's not about Islam.

It's about proven liar, rapist, slave owner, thief, killer Muhammad!

You don't know much about Muhammad, do you?

I know more about him than you do, apparently.