The peaceful religion: September 22, 2013

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deaths attributable to the Crusades estimated at 9 million. Spanish Inquisition, about 125,000. I guess these guys feel they have some catching up to do.

Religion Is Stupid.

This kind of insipid lack of reasoning is what "is stupid"

You add nothing to the conversation with your false moral equivalency

and your obvious ignorance towards religion exposes you for what you are.

Deaths attributable to the Crusades estimated at 9 million. Spanish Inquisition, about 125,000. I guess these guys feel they have some catching up to do.

Religion Is Stupid.

Bull. And bull.

And stupid is stupid. Pick any self-identifying group, and you have nutty extremists. Religion, politics, whatever.

Begs the question of who's the nutty extremist in our group, though. I vote gatorman.

Bull. And bull.

And stupid is stupid. Pick any self-identifying group, and you have nutty extremists. Religion, politics, whatever.

Begs the question of who's the nutty extremist in our group, though. I vote gatorman.

Gatorman is nutty like my **** after a can of Planters

I know, right? I've always said that we should view the world as it is in 2013 through the lense of the Dark Ages. Did you schedule your leeching for before or after your trip to the alchemist?

Religion Is Stupid.

Again, TOTAL AGREEMENT. I hate all of those Christian Aid groups who work on clean water projects in Africa, and even worse are those scores of Christian doctors who have taken up the cause of doctors without borders. The worst of the bunch have to be those rotten bastards who work to find war orphaned refuge children adopted families. Those stupid rooster suckers are truly a scourge on this Earth. The nerve of them to not simply "give at the office" and then turn a blind eye.

CNN is reporting that 3 of the Kenyan gunman are American

I remember reading stories how lots of young male Somalia immigrants living in the US returned or were recruited to go back to Somalia for militant Islamic callings. I think there was a sizeable enclave from the Minneapolis area that went back to Somalia for training and fell off the grid. Wonder if some of these guys are them.

Also, such a low tech attack like this in the US would be devastating. I forgot what tom chance book it was, but the basic plot was about 8 terrorists sneak into the US and plan to attack random shopping malls across the country.

This idea is so chilling because it would be so easy to pull off and would be devastating to the US economy

At least 70 dead, including children and a Muslim policeman, after a Sunday Taliban attack on a All Saints Church in Peshawar, Pakistan.

The bombers set off their exposive vests as people were emerging from Sunday Mass

In Peshawar, the Taliban-linked group that carried out the suicide bombing said that it was in retaliation against American drone strikes. From our perspective, that doesn’t make sense, since the people the terrorists killed were, like them, Pakistanis who had nothing at all to do with drones. From an Islamic point of view, however, the mass murder was logical: the people the bombers killed were infidels, and all infidels are of a piece. The fact that they were fellow Pakistanis–not to mention, entirely innocent–was irrelevant.

Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif mumbled the appropriate apologies:

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who left for New York to attend the UN General Assembly, strongly condemned the attack on the church, saying “terrorists have no religion and targeting innocent people is against the teachings of Islam”.

Really? Based on bitter experience, I would say that the mass murder of random innocents is the essence of the “teachings of Islam.” We have seen such mass murder over and over, more times than we can count. Does Islam have something to offer other than crazed, sadistic violence, committed to perpetuate the crudest forms of ignorance? If so, I haven’t seen it. Whether we talk about Africa (Nairobi), Asia (Peshawar) or any place else, the fruit of Islam appears to be the same.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/09/two-muslim-outrages.php

Edited by B-Man

Religion Is Stupid.

How many deaths are attributed to Stalin and Mao's attempts to bring about an Atheist leftist Utopia?

Wow, TakeYouToTasker, and I got warning points for posting in the wrong place...?

I think you misunderstand the obviously noble meaning behind his post. There has been an artificial scarcity of unnecessarily sexually vulgar material on this board and all artificial scarcity must be battled.

The cultural relativists on the Left and apologists for radical Islam like to blame the Crusades for almost everything. The Muslim extremists are only responding to the deeds of Christian extremists, the argument goes. In his new book, Sir Walter Scott’s Crusades and Other Fantasies, former Muslim Ibn Warraq takes on this misleading theme intended to blame the West for the Muslim world’s troubles.

The claim that the Crusades are the starting point of Islamic jihad is basically the political application of, “For every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction.” It equates the Christian beliefs driving the Crusades with the Islamic beliefs driving jihad.

Ibn Warraq’s new book tackles this misconception. Islamic atrocities were not provoked by the Crusaders’ own reprehensible acts, but preceded them. Islamic jihad was not triggered by the Crusades; it preceded them.

In fact, as explained by Warraq and in books like The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) and What’s So Great About Christianity, the Christian world was reduced to about one-third of what it was by the sword of jihad. The Crusades were launched with the objective of, without any exaggeration, saving Europe and Western civilization from Sharia.

My personal experience in school is that the opposite was taught. The Crusades were framed as offensive and the jihads as defensive. The Crusaders were depicted as barbarians, particularly to Jews. I cannot recall hearing about a single Islamic atrocity before or during these wars.

This is a common phenomenon, Warraq explains, and it’s part of an overall trend when it comes to education about the history of Islam.

http://frontpagemag....es-for-jihad-2/

Edited by B-Man