Peyton Hillis cut by Bucs

BringBackFergy

I think [gulp] Tashard Choice is more effective on our roster. Choice can handle the role of FJ or CJ. He is not as good as either, but he is halfway between them and half as good. CJ can't block, Choice can. FJ isn't a slash and scat RB, Choice almost can. He can also effectively catch.

If this was the off season I'd bring him in and let him match up against Frank Summers.

I think [gulp] Tashard Choice is more effective on our roster. Choice can handle the role of FJ or CJ. He is not as good as either, but he is halfway between them and half as good. CJ can't block, Choice can. FJ isn't a slash and scat RB, Choice almost can. He can also effectively catch.

If this was the off season I'd bring him in and let him match up against Frank Summers.

For as much time as Choice spends on the bench, I really appreciate his fervor. And I agree with all of this.

Hmm, a position we don't use much. Why exactly is this relevant here ?

Do I need to go all "Six Degrees of Ryan Fitzpatrick" on you??? OK - Here goes: Peyton Hillis played on the Bucs with Vincent Jackson.

Vincent Jackson was once a WR on the Chargers with Shawne Merriman.

Shawne Merriman played on the Bills with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Therefore, it must be relevant.

*Second place prize - a set of steak knives*

Good point. Choice is a good horse to have in the barn...steady and ready to go when the stallions can't make it out there.

but it killed me that last week the 1 play the dude is in on offense he gets lit up... Not his fault, but damn...

The pass was a bit high but Choice didn't do himself any favors either.

I'd have to look at it again but he looked mighty clumsy on the play.

Anyways, I'm a huge Freddy fan but he won't play forever. I'm not advocating for Hillis but at some point soon we'll need another big back.

If he's also a special teams stud, even better.

The pass was a bit high but Choice didn't do himself any favors either.

I'd have to look at it again but he looked mighty clumsy on the play.

Anyways, I'm a huge Freddy fan but he won't play forever. I'm not advocating for Hillis but at some point soon we'll need another big back.

If he's also a special teams stud, even better.

Freddie is 31?? Hillis is 27 I believe. I imagine he'll hook up with someone this season

Not really a shocker. Doug Martin doesn't allow for many opportunities. Still, I always thought he was a bruising type of RB/FB similar to Moose Johnson or Otis Anderson (larger body, determined, vertical runner). No....not saying we should sign him up.....or am I??

Moose Johnson wasn't a bruiser, just a good blocker who could catch the ball and one of the most unselfish players to play the game

Hillis seems like a perfect fit for the Niners to spell Gore as they are the only team that even comes close to a power running game

Never thought he was Madden cover worthy though

Edited by Max997

I know that Summers had that penalty and got blown up on the EJ fumble.....but jesus does he look good catching and running with the ball.....

Lets stick with what we have.....use Chandler in the red zone.....bring up Gragg to stretch the field....and go with what we got

^ that right there

I know that Summers had that penalty and got blown up on the EJ fumble.....but jesus does he look good catching and running with the ball.....

Lets stick with what we have.....use Chandler in the red zone.....bring up Gragg to stretch the field....and go with what we got

I hope we activate Gragg this week. I also hope Brad Smith gets playing time against his old team, earn a paycheck and maybe some motivation. Lee Smith needs to step up but has been struggling to contribute. Let's get Gragg in the mix.