So, we have Gannon and Albert calling the game...oh and an article on

boyst

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/09/20/gannon-on-ej-and-geno/

Kemp posted this in the shoutbox. It's an article from Gannon about EJ and Geno...I stopped reading after the first sentence too sick to continue at the moment...

CBS NFL color analyst Rich Gannon will be doing Sunday’s Bills-Jets broadcast with veteran play-by-play man Marv Albert.

Nice thoughts on EJ...but man, those two are some of the worst announcers in football right now.

They called the game when the Bills upset the Patriots with about as much excitement as someone taking your order over the drive-thru speaker at Burger King.

"Looks like the Bills scored"

"Yup"

"...you want a vanilla milkshake with that?"

Meh...

There is just the NFL hype going on here. Had the interception stood at the end of the Carolina game I am sure Gannon would be saying EJ has far more development to go through blah ..blah.

It is a long season. The good news is that the Buffalo D seems stout enough to keep us in games while EJ rides the inevitable rookie learning curve. The Jests D will give him a test this week.

The best thing I have seen from EJ is that he is staying humble and appears to be listening to the coaches. He is going to have a bad week or two along the line here so the fact he is staying level is a very good sign.

Nice thoughts on EJ...but man, those two are some of the worst announcers in football right now.

They called the game when the Bills upset the Patriots with about as much excitement as someone taking your order over the drive-thru speaker at Burger King.

"Looks like the Bills scored"

"Yup"

"...you want a vanilla milkshake with that?"

:D :D :D

BTW, no more in Ballston Spa?

like Tasker and whoever he is paired with.

no one worse than Tasker.. he gets the crappy games usually, which is why he's had so many of ours in the past.

Mind you, after hearing Ronde Barber on fox last week... i'm happy we only have only 1 game left on fox this yr! that was probably the worst game of so called analysis i've heard. All game long the only "zinger" they would throw in which seemed like EVERY drive was when the color commentator would say to Ronde " too bad they dont have u out there" referring to depleted secondary of Carolina who came in the game with issues there like we did but had like 3 guys get hurt in game and lost Mickell for the yr after he made a nice play.

I listen to Gannon pretty regularly on SiriusXM and have grown to appreciate his insight and analysis. He's also not afraid to call it like he sees it, and is critical of QBs frequently. He really seems to like EJ, for whatever it's worth.

no one worse than Tasker.. he gets the crappy games usually, which is why he's had so many of ours in the past.

Mind you, after hearing Ronde Barber on fox last week... i'm happy we only have only 1 game left on fox this yr! that was probably the worst game of so called analysis i've heard. All game long the only "zinger" they would throw in which seemed like EVERY drive was when the color commentator would say to Ronde " too bad they dont have u out there" referring to depleted secondary of Carolina who came in the game with issues there like we did but had like 3 guys get hurt in game and lost Mickell for the yr after he made a nice play.

The one thing I will give credit to FOX is that when they do their sponsor shots, they at least show other sights of Buffalo. Whereas with CBS it's always a shot of Niagara Falls.

Kudos.

Beautiful part of the country.

Peak color up there must be breathtaking.

It really is awesome once you get even farther north into the southern Adirondacks. Once the peak hits (usually early-mid October), some of the sights around here are phenomenal.

I listen to Gannon pretty regularly on SiriusXM and have grown to appreciate his insight and analysis. He's also not afraid to call it like he sees it, and is critical of QBs frequently. He really seems to like EJ, for whatever it's worth.

I really don't mind Gannon too much. I'd rather have him than Dierdorf or even Phil Simms, who constantly ball-wash the better teams of the league and give zero attention to anyone else.

As for Marv, I've always thought he was an ok announcer - not flashy, but he gets the job done. He was always a bit annoying, which dropped him down a level or two for me.

Edited by BuffaloWings

I do not mind him on the radio. He can be a really big homer some times but the guy knows football. As a TV broadcaster...I just do not like his schtick. He's over the top with memories of his playing time, how this QB is so great, or just how amazed he is at the way XYZ player ties his shoe laces.