Aparently a giant mob of teenagers trashed Brain Holloway's house

dayman

You wouldn't try and protect your own kid from the legal consequences? What if no one knew he/she was involved, would you turn them in anyways?

If my kid was stupid enough to trash this guy's house and take pictures and post them of his actions, and the guy pressed charges? My kid needs to accept his/her punishment. I can't/won't protect them from anything.

If the guy decided not press charges, but instead offers to let the kids show up to fix/clean his house? You bet your sweet ass my kid would be there with !@#$ing bells on to clean it.

If I think my kid was involved, but there was no "proof" that they were, there's a damn good chance they'd still be at his house helping him clean up anyway.

The only way I'm protecting my kid from the consequences is if I honestly believe they are being wrongly accused.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my kid was stupid enough to trash this guy's house and take pictures and post them of his actions, and the guy pressed charges? My kid needs to accept his/her punishment. I can't/won't protect them from anything.

If the guy decided not press charges, but instead offers to let the kids show up to fix/clean his house? You bet your sweet ass my kid would be there with !@#$ing bells on to clean it.

If I think my kid was involved, but there was no "proof" that they were, there's a damn good chance they'd still be at his house helping him clean up anyway.

The only way I'm protecting my kid from the consequences is if I honestly believe they are being wrongly accused.

and frankly, in this case, id strongly consider saying "you know what, even if it wasnt you lets go help out with that picnic for the veterans anyway"

What if they were totally involved, trashed the house, pissed all over everything but wasn't in any pictures, no one is going to tell on him/her, would you actually bring them down to the cops?

What if they were totally involved, trashed the house, pissed all over everything but wasn't in any pictures, no one is going to tell on him/her, would you actually bring them down to the cops?

If the owner pressed charges the cops would investigate. I would not try to hinder the investigation at all.

If the owner doesn't press charges, I don't believe the cops really care. I have no legal authority to have my kid arrested for something that hasn't been deemed a crime.

You wouldn't try and protect your own kid from the legal consequences? What if no one knew he/she was involved, would you turn them in anyways?

I would not try to protect my kid and told him that every chance I got when he was growing up. And yes, I'd turn him in even if "no one knew" (as if that's even possible). I have to look at myself in the mirror every day and I wouldn't be able to do that if I knew my kid was a !@#$ing delinquent who did such things. We raised him better than that.

When you make your bed, you lie in it. You get exactly what you earn in this world and this particular crime turns my stomach almost as much as violence does. The complete lack of respect for other people's property goes completely against my entire upbringing and is rotten to the very core. If these parents aren't turning their kids in, they should be ashamed of themselves. What if it was their home that they'd worked hard for? They'd be OK with the neighbor kids trashing it and then not owning up to it?

Bull ****.

If the owner pressed charges the cops would investigate. I would not try to hinder the investigation at all.

If the owner doesn't press charges, I don't believe the cops really care. I have no legal authority to have my kid arrested for something that hasn't been deemed a crime.

I wouldn't care if they didn't deem it a crime. My kid would be on that guy's front porch owning his behavior.

I would not try to protect my kid and told him that every chance I got when he was growing up. And yes, I'd turn him in even if "no one knew" (as if that's even possible). I have to look at myself in the mirror every day and I wouldn't be able to do that if I knew my kid was a !@#$ing delinquent who did such things. We raised him better than that.

When you make your bed, you lie in it. You get exactly what you earn in this world and this particular crime turns my stomach almost as much as violence does. The complete lack of respect for other people's property goes completely against my entire upbringing and is rotten to the very core. If these parents aren't turning their kids in, they should be ashamed of themselves. What if it was their home that they'd worked hard for? They'd be OK with the neighbor kids trashing it and then not owning up to it?

Bull ****.

I wouldn't care if they didn't deem it a crime. My kid would be on that guy's front porch owning his behavior.

**** I can't imagine what my parents/brothers would have done had I committed such a crime.

He already answered that....

My father would have beaten me gatorman.

My dad wouldn't have had the chance, as he'd be away on business, and my mom's wooden spoon would have made an immediate appearance. :lol:

In all cases, when my dad did get home, I'd expect nothing less than indefinite assignment to the guy's house, on cleaning/fixing detail. Frankly, I'd expect that guy to at some point say "Ok, I appreciate it, but having your kid here all the time for the last 10 weekends is getting weird".

Expectation, my ass. That is a certainty.

And, that's what this is about: I never did anything so stupid, because, I was absolutely certain what the consequence would be, and if I wasn't? It would be something worse. That's what's missing here: for all these kids know, their parents would threaten to sue the victim, and they wouldn't get in any trouble at all. :wallbash: They don't have the certainty that their asses would be in a sling for something like this.

Definitely.

And they'd probably be selling their car or some other asset, our having their part time job pay docked in order to pay him back as well as putting in the time to help fix it.

My father would have beaten me gatorman.

My father probably wouldn't have, but I guarantee you I would have been working every one of my weekends and every dollar of my income for the foreseeable future cleaning and fixing that house by myself.

My father probably wouldn't have, but I guarantee you I would have been working every one of my weekends and every dollar of my income for the foreseeable future cleaning and fixing that house by myself.

my dad would have taken me over to the house and made me apologize to the owner, then stay there and repair all the damages (no matter how many weekends and evenings it took) possible, and then work to pay off the costs of any repairs that had to be professionally done.

I know this from experience. I was an exceptionally stupid child.

Heard about this while drinking a beer with my friend and his dad when I was in my 20s. My friend was about 12 and was caught stealing a piece of plywood from a construction site. The cops hauled him down to the town police station and called his dad. His dad asked them to put him in a cell if they were empty and how long could they keep him before he had to come and pick him up.

Heard about this while drinking a beer with my friend and his dad when I was in my 20s. My friend was about 12 and was caught stealing a piece of plywood from a construction site. The cops hauled him down to the town police station and called his dad. His dad asked them to put him in a cell if they were empty and how long could they keep him before he had to come and pick him up.

I did that to my little brother. Police called home and said he was caught at the end of the runway at the Buffalo airport watching the planes land. They asked me to come get him; I told them "Sorry, he'll have to wait 'til my dad gets home. Let the dumbass sit in a cell for a little while."

It was GREAT fun when dad got home and I greeted him with "Hi dad, guess who's in jail?" Of course, since dad had been out bowling and had bent the elbow a few times, he couldn't exactly rush to the station immediately...

My brother never did anything that stupid again, though.

Ignorant and a total scumbag. What a perfect lefty. :lol:

The only hesitation would be the pause I need to kick their ass...

My dad would have known I was there. I was always there. We were throwing apples at cars from a barn along a road. My friends yelled "stop, it's your dad!!" Too late. My dad stopped walked up to the barn and without know who was there yelled "Bob (my brother) Jim, get down here now!!"

Ignorant and a total scumbag. What a perfect lefty. :lol:

Clearly left leaning and right leaning people will be raising their children differently..this ought to get interesting in 10- 20 years when kids of this generation are adults.

I can see it now half the country will be camped in city parks, shitting on cop cars, hiding from responsibility and blaming everyone else. The other half, well they will have self responsibility and be trying to work.