Aparently a giant mob of teenagers trashed Brain Holloway's house

dayman

(PPP on culture war grounds...I suppose...anyway this is where I like to post b/c I'm sick)

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/09/19/former-nfl-star-brian-holloway%E2%80%99s-new-york-home-trashed-over-200-partying-teenagers

A mob of an estimated 300 teenagers broke into the Stephentown, New York home of former pro football player Brian Holloway and trashed it, causing thousands of dollars worth of damage.

At the time, Holloway was in Florida but learned of the party as it was happening because many of the kids there sent out tweets about it!

At first Holloway thought the whole thing was a joke, until he saw photos of the damage on the internet.

Holloway said, “If these kids and parents don’t step up, I promise you there is going to be an experience called shock and awe coming down, and it will be a real loud message sent to every student and every parent.”

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dumb are these kids? Tweeting out evidence of themselves in the midst of a committing a crime? If that was my kid, s/he'd be over there the next day cleaning, for a full 8 hour shift, regardless of what everybody else was doing. I'd be there to supervise.

Again, the facebook/twitter idiocy is apparently boundless. How arrogant this has all become. I know it's a stretch but, I think the choice to trash the place is based, at least in part, due to what I call "the facebook effect".

It's one thing to have a party in an abandoned, burned-out building, Who hasn't done that(besides you suburb kids...for you guys: who hasn't had a party on the backroads or on a hill?) But to take over someone's home, and trash it? Why not just be happy you have a nice place to have the party, with working bathrooms? Why trash it instead? Even if you are deliquent D-bag: You play your cards right, you can party there lots. Why F that up? :blink:

I really don't understand this at all. It doesn't make sense from any perspective.

the immature, irresponsible me would have Holloway round up 300 of his former NFL pals and go around trashing the houses where all these kids live. but that's the old, irresponsible, immature me. instead I would press charges against all of them, with a bit of leniency toward those that give up those that are as of yet unidentified.

I used to do dumb stuff as a kid, but these kids make me look like a teenage Einstein. what a crappy thing to do to anyone.

I feel like "shock and awe" means massive lawsuits and criminal charges directed at ruining these kids and their parents lives. He's got the resources and legal team and the idiot kids gave him the evidence. He's also got just enough celebrity to do it very publicly.

He's also being incredibly generous by essentially stating, "Fess up and fix it and I won't come crashing down on you, because I get that your just stupid kids."

He's hosting a party at the property and asking that the kids at the party attend so he can talk to them. He is genuinely interested in helping to improve these kids' decision-making skills and, quite possibly, their lives. Talk about a gentle giant.

Oh ... and the thanks he gets for being forgiving, understanding and just a good human being?? Of course ... it's a !@#$ing lawsuit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-nfl-star-face-lawsuits-parents-house-crashing-teens-article-1.1462008

"Some of the parents are threatening to sue him because he put their children's photos on the Internet!" :lol:

It's even better. He's reposting their original posts on the Internet.

Idiot parents begat idiot kids.

How dumb are these kids? Tweeting out evidence of themselves in the midst of a committing a crime? If that was my kid, s/he'd be over there the next day cleaning, for a full 8 hour shift, regardless of what everybody else was doing. I'd be there to supervise.

Again, the facebook/twitter idiocy is apparently boundless. How arrogant this has all become. I know it's a stretch but, I think the choice to trash the place is based, at least in part, due to what I call "the facebook effect".

It's one thing to have a party in an abandoned, burned-out building, Who hasn't done that(besides you suburb kids...for you guys: who hasn't had a party on the backroads or on a hill?) But to take over someone's home, and trash it? Why not just be happy you have a nice place to have the party, with working bathrooms? Why trash it instead? Even if you are deliquent D-bag: You play your cards right, you can party there lots. Why F that up? :blink:

I really don't understand this at all. It doesn't make sense from any perspective.

Influence from the movie Project X

Yeah, all he's doing is reposting their FB & Twitter posts.

yea, 300 kids break into a house and trash it and somehow their parents manage to out do them in the story. id say im shocked, but it seems parents of teenagers do that a lot in these stories.

"Some of the parents are threatening to sue him because he put their children's photos on the Internet!" :lol:

Go ahead. Hope they win, too. Because then, with it being on the record that the photos are of their little wilting flowers, the criminal case against their kids will be a slam-dunk.

Idiots. :lol:

http://www.wgy.com/pages/chuckandkelly.html?article=11670767

An Open Letter To Parents In Rensselaer County

What planet do you live on?

Last week, word got out that your children had broken into a home in Stephentown and threw a party. More than 300 of them partied and drunkenly smashed windows, urinated on the floors, stood on tables, punched holes in the ceiling and stole a statue that was part of a memorial for the owner's stillborn grandson. Oh, it gets better. Before, during and after the party, they tweeted about it and posted pictures of themselves engaged in this behavior.

Way to go.

The house is owned by former NFL player Brian Holloway. It is his second residence, paid for in part by his Super Bowl bonus. He lives in Florida and the Stephentown house is on the market. He watched this unfold online while at his home in Florida. Instead of demanding the arrest of your kids, he instead created a website, www.helpmesave300.com where he reposted their photos, identified the people involved, and called for ways to reach out to young people and show them that there are better ways to spend their time than drinking, drugs and vandalism.

He is a better person than I would have been in that position. It takes class and compassion to see beyond the urine stained carpets, broken windows, damaged walls and blatant disrespect to reach out to your kids. He even offered to welcome these derelicts back to his house for a picnic, where they would work together to make repairs and clean up the mess they left behind. I don't know that the rest of us would have been able to react the same way.

And one kid showed up. One, out of the 300 teens who were there.

Instead of dragging your kids back to apologize and clean up the mess, you lashed out at Brian Holloway, threatened to firebomb his house, and are now planning to sue him. For what? For identifying your kids online. Well guess what? Your little Johnny did that himself the minute he tweeted that iPhone photo standing on the dining room table, holding a red solo cup filled with beer.

Look, I don't blame you for what your kids did. Heck, I don't even really blame them. Teens will be teens, and they do stupid things sometimes. We've all been there. It's not fair to judge parents on the mistakes their kids make. It is how you handle that behavior afterwards that reflects on you as a parent.

Instead of sitting little Johnny down and reminding him that what he did is not acceptable and then dragging him by the collar to apologize to Mr. Holloway, you chose instead to harass and threaten the victim. Let's not forget here, your child victimized this man by destroying his home. How dare you respond with anything other than regret, embarrassment, and a sincere apology instead of righteous indignation, threats of violence and lawsuits.

Parents like you are responsible for an entire generation that expects the world handed to them, because you have given it to them all along. Instead of teaching your kids to work hard and earn things, you give a trophy to every kid in youth sports and then hand them an iPhone in middle school. You are the parents screaming through the fence at the Little League umpire instead of teaching good sportsmanship. You are the ones criticizing the teacher instead of realizing they just want to help your child learn.

Can you please just step back and look at what you are doing to your kids? This is the generation that will grow up to lead our country and make decisions regarding our lives. I hope none of them are YOUR children.

-Kelly

It's sad that letter even has to be written. My kid, were he stupid enough to actually be involved in that, would have been delivered to the police on the end of my foot.

You wouldn't try and protect your own kid from the legal consequences? What if no one knew he/she was involved, would you turn them in anyways?

You wouldn't try and protect your own kid from the legal consequences? What if no one knew he/she was involved, would you turn them in anyways?

No. I would make sure that they learned, at this young age, that their choices do, in fact, have consequences, and that they have to live with the consequences of those actions.

I'm consistant in my parenting as well: my daughter, now a junior in high school, knows that unless she is an honor roll student, I will not be spending a nickle on her college education. She also knows that unless she is a college student, her rent free existence ends on her 18th birthday. Failing to aquire my funding by getting good grades means that: a) she will pay for college herself, and continue to live rent free until she graduates; b) she gets a job and pays rent; c) she joins the service and can continue to use her room while she is on leave until she exits service; d) she gets the !@#$ out.

She chose to get good grades. Because I made her understand the consequences.