Bring back the rivalries - More trash talk

MClem06

Does anyone feel the need for the locker room to show more emotion towards the rivalry games? I know Stevie said he hates the Pats and that whole comment that went down right before the boston bombings that backfired a bit. BUT I loved that he said something. It shows that they really love being a Buffalo Bill. That's been missing big time. Even though Team Spirit is such a cliché term, it would be nice to show some emotion that everyone would see... Everyone goes back to when the Bills were repeat AFC Champs but it's time to develop their own independence and their own message to other teams. There hasn't been one since.

Does anyone feel the need for the locker room to show more emotion towards the rivalry games?

No.

I know Stevie said he hates the Pats and that whole comment that went down right before the boston bombings that backfired a bit. BUT I loved that he said something.

He also said some comments about nobody being able to cover him before the Pats this year. How did that work out?

It shows that they really love being a Buffalo Bill.

Or is it he just tired of losing to the Pats?

That's been missing big time. Even though Team Spirit is such a cliché term, it would be nice to show some emotion that everyone would see... Everyone goes back to when the Bills were repeat AFC Champs but it's time to develop their own independence and their own message to other teams. There hasn't been one since.

Even back then, that took time.

Think about it. What kind of animosity does EJ or Robert Wood have against the Jets? Or the Dolphins?

Does anyone feel the need for the locker room to show more emotion towards the rivalry games? I know Stevie said he hates the Pats and that whole comment that went down right before the boston bombings that backfired a bit. BUT I loved that he said something. It shows that they really love being a Buffalo Bill. That's been missing big time. Even though Team Spirit is such a cliché term, it would be nice to show some emotion that everyone would see... Everyone goes back to when the Bills were repeat AFC Champs but it's time to develop their own independence and their own message to other teams. There hasn't been one since.

Rivalry's are for winning teams.

"Talk is cheap," "Actions speak louder than words," "Act your age not your shoe size!" "Anything that you say may be used against you!"

People and teams need to remember that all the "trash talk" is eventually put up in the opposing team's locker room, and is used to motivate the opposition against the big mouth's. It is what it is...TRASH!

I'm not a big fan of trash talking. I was a fan of the hatred the team had for the Fins though. I remember Thurman after a big play flexing along the fins sidelines. I think athletes should play fair but when they play with an edge they tend to perform at a higher level. I even see it with the 16 year old travel soccer teams I coach.