The Day After

millbank

Oh Lord.....why?? I've been a loyal fan...I'm a good person.... (better than them damn Pats fans), why, why?? we were so close, so close....why??

Will our time ever come??? I've followed this team for almost 40 years..... will it come? will it happen??

Is there a reason why we can't do it??? Why Oh Lord??? It hurts so bad!!!

--- This post came from the Jets board a Jets fan feeling so bad after yesterdays game and wondering why, word for word this is exactly what I am sure so many Bills fans were feeling after Steeler game , I do feel for folks who follow their team of choice faithfully , following sports and games can be a great deal of fun, but sometimes they flat out hurt......

Then the Lord said, "You didn't win because only one team can win each year. All others can either feel like losers, or be thankful their team game them so much pleasure that year. It's up to you how you feel...

...Loser."

Uh, didn't the Jets win a SB sometime during that fan's almost 40 years of watching them?

207072[/snapback]

The jets won the Super bowl in 1969 , so I suppose it all depends how early a person is able to perceive things and be a fan. Much like the generations of Bills fans who were either to young or were not around when Bills won afl championships...... Its reasonable enough to say most people forty and under would not remember.

Then the Lord said, "You didn't win because only one team can win each year. All others can either feel like losers, or be thankful their team game them so much pleasure that year. It's up to you how you feel...

...Loser."

207078[/snapback]

so you felt absolutely great after the Bills lost to the Steelers, arent you a real hero....

I'm a good person.... (better than them damn Pats fans),

207070[/snapback]

sure the pats got theirs, but remember that Bill Belichick has sold his soul to satan...thats the only thing that can explain why he wins with the players hes got...also, after winning the Sox win the title this season, i've got a feeling that the entire NE region has made a pact with the devil...

I didn't feel great after the Steelers game, after the wide right, nor did I feel great during those 2-win seasons. I'm a Bills fan for life, though. I derive joy out of our TSW draft debates, 3x a week visits to training camp, reveling in a Bills win, arguing about a Bills loss. The joy of being a Bills fan --and the acceptance that 27 out of 28 teams are NOT going to win the Super Bowl each year--totally outweighs the pain.

The jets won the Super bowl in 1969 , so  I suppose it all depends how early a person is able to perceive things and be a fan.  Much like the generations of Bills fans who were either to young or were not around when Bills won afl championships...... Its reasonable enough to say most  people forty and under would not remember.

Yes but that fan said he's been following them for almost 40 years. The Jets won the SB in 1969, which is within that time period. Thus my confusion (or his/hers).

I didn't feel great after the Steelers game, after the wide right, nor did I feel great during those 2-win seasons. I'm a Bills fan for life, though. I derive joy out of our TSW draft debates, 3x a week visits to training camp, reveling in a Bills win, arguing about a Bills loss. The joy of being a Bills fan --and the acceptance that 27 out of 28 teams are NOT going to win the Super Bowl each year--totally outweighs the pain.

207087[/snapback]

Dont you think that it is very likely this fan feels the same way, guy was simply a fan expressing his hurt after a game that fans the nation over have done at some point in time hardly is he a loser , good for you , you thought back to the wide right and my guess is it took awhile for that disappointment to subside, frankly the only folks who are losers would be those who follow a team all year round and for many years and not feel disappointed after such a game.

As stated sometimes it hurts like hell to be fan.

And yes in awhile you do remember the great plays, the days together with friends , meeting new people, so many positives, being a fan is much more than ones team winning, but it sure does hurt when they come close, even a Jet fan.

Not to argue but hardly was this Jet fan a loser, if fact as you admitted you hurt as well after such disappointments.

Yes but that fan said he's been following them for almost 40 years.  The Jets won the SB in 1969, which is within that time period.  Thus my confusion (or his/hers).

207089[/snapback]

we are taking this completely literal , the Jets won the Super Bowl 35 years ago, so if this person is saying he was a fan since birth, it means he would be five years old when they won, I suppose people are all different and are able to remember events earlier than others, I hardly think a five year old person was going wild as Joe Willy called his shot...... :rolleyes:

we are taking this completely literal , the Jets won the Super Bowl 35 years ago, so if this person is saying he was a fan since birth, it means he would be five years old when they won,  I suppose people are all different and are able to remember events earlier than others, I hardly think a five year old person was going wild as Joe Willy called his shot...... :rolleyes:

Gotcha.

The joy of being a Bills fan --and the acceptance that 27 out of 28 teams are NOT going to win the Super Bowl each year--totally outweighs the pain.

207087[/snapback]

This just in..........the league is going to expand to 30 teams. Jacksonville and Carolina are rumored to be the new additions. After that, I bet they go to 32 so they can split the league up into eight 4-team divisions.

:rolleyes:

Oh Lord.....why?? I've been a loyal fan...I'm a good person.... (better than them damn Pats fans), why, why?? we were so close, so close....why??

Will our time ever come??? I've followed this team for almost 40 years..... will it come? will it happen??

Is there a reason why we can't do it??? Why Oh Lord??? It hurts so bad!!!

Fuggit. It's only a game.

Drink more beer.....

207120[/snapback]

The quote comes from a Jets fan, who says he been a fan for forty years,it does not come from Millbank...... I am over 60 and have been Bills fans since the day they started..... and yes I identify with a fan who asks when is his team going to win, I have had friends come and go and will never see that day, folks that have that special time are most privileged...

Serves me right for getting involved in other teams fans feelings. End up debating this and forgetting to put lid on roast and have the women folk all angry at me.

I also do not get as involved as in younger days, but understand the young that do, and will admit at times wonder if I will ever see my team win, just once and to remembering those gone who didnt. It would do the Buffalo community such a world of good to have that special day like seemingly everyone else....

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Jets fans crying over that game? That is truly sad!!!!! What was Super Bowl III????

Do you think Bills fans like us get a positive response when we say, "We were champions in 1964 and 1965!!!"???? NOPE!

It's all about the Super Bowl, my friends. Jets fans, get REAL! You HAVE your ring!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: