What would you add to the Travis trade

JP-era

I would trade him there and I seriously would throw in our 3rd but really think it may not be such a bad idea to throw in our 2nd.

Id love for us to add a stud LT, or another stud WR, though we really dont need another stud WR. Im just trying to add as much supporting cast as possible for you know who.

How about giving up Travis and our #2 to get the fins #2 overall. Then trade down once or twice to the mid round 1, get back your 2 and more and then take best available TE or LT or maybe even DE. In one swoop we end up trading Travis and getting back into the 1st for nothing!

Heres my move:

1) Travis and our 2nd rounder to the fins for the #2 overall

2) Trade the #2 overall to a team that fesses a mid to high 1st AND a 2nd rounder

Why is this not very do-able?

So, you fugure that Travis plus our second (around 52) will get the overall #2 pick in the draft?

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Travis alone is worth a third round pick, maybe late 2, nothing more. Travis and a pick do not equal #2 overall.

So, you fugure that Travis plus our second (around 52) will get the overall #2 pick in the draft?

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Travis alone is worth a third round pick, maybe late 2, nothing more.  Travis and a pick do not equal #2 overall.

207048[/snapback]

Gosh, your soooo right. No other team has traded there 1st rounder for a player. hmmmmmmmm.

Yes its a high pick, but why dont the fins LOVE the thought of adding a pro-bowl RB AND pick up a 2nd rounder when they need so much?

Gosh, your soooo right. No other team has traded there 1st rounder for a player. hmmmmmmmm.

Yes its a high pick, but why dont the fins LOVE the thought of adding a pro-bowl RB AND pick up a 2nd rounder when they need so much?

207051[/snapback]

RB is the most easily replaced skill position. See Denver.

This off season Edgerrin James will be available. Rudi Johnson will be available. Shaun Alexander will be available. All bring more to the field than TH, IMO.

As for your question, yes, teams have traded their first rounder for a player. TH is not that player. If you want to get the #2 from Miami you would have to package at least one other young player into the deal. Someone with potential down the road. Losman comes to mind. Miami may take Travis & JP for the number two.

207051[/snapback]

You need to study up on your draft pick values (not surprising since you're 12 yrs old)... there's no way that trade could happen. To move up to the #2 overall pick, it would take something like every Bills draft pick this year since we don't have a 1st rounder to give back. Go study the Ricky Williams draft day trade.

207051[/snapback]

Yeah, Travis Henry for the 2nd pick in the draft. That doesn't ignore history.

Let's see: The Chargers traded 2 first rounders, a second, and 3 time pro bowler Eric Metcalf to move up ONE place and select Ryan Leaf. But we're going to get that spot for friggin' Travis Henry and a third. Yeah. :rolleyes:

I would trade him there and I seriously would throw in our 3rd but really think it may not be such a bad idea to throw in our 2nd.

Id love for us to add a stud LT, or another stud WR, though we really dont need another stud WR. Im just trying to add as much supporting cast as possible for you know who.

How about giving up Travis and our #2 to get the fins #2 overall. Then trade down once or twice to the mid round 1, get back your 2 and more and then take best available TE or LT or maybe even DE. In one swoop we end up trading Travis and getting back into the 1st for nothing!

Heres my move:

1) Travis and our 2nd rounder to the fins for the #2 overall

2) Trade the #2 overall to a team that fesses a mid to high 1st AND a 2nd rounder

Why is this not very do-able?

207042[/snapback]

Nick Saban would have to be a bona fide moron to trade the 2nd highest pick in the entire draft for Travis Henry and our 2nd round pick which comes pretty late in that round. Look at what the few teams who have simply swapped a pick that high for another in the first that was lower recieved in exchange for that swap.

New Orleans swapped first rounders to get Ricky Williams with Washington who had the 5th pick in the draft, not the 2nd like the fins do, the fifth. They got all of New Orleans' picks for that entire draft and they got their 1st and 5th picks in the next draft.

In 2002, the Seahawks swapped with the Packers allowing the Packers to move up 8 picks late in the the first and Seattle got the Pack's 2nd round pick for their trouble. Last year Cleveland and Detroint swapped their picks, 6 and 7 in the first and Detroit recieved Cleveland's 2nd round pick for simply dropping down one pick. The 49er's swapped with the Eagles, dropping down 12 spots but picking up a 2nd round pick.

These teams receied extra picks in the second just for swapping and dropping a bit. You are suggesting that Miami would give up the 2nd highest pick in the draft for the equivalent of a back so mediocre that we took a chance on a guy with a fragmented knee and a year of rehab ahead of him to try and upgrade along with a late pick in the second round. Again, Saban would have to be an idiot. He could get a lot more for that pick than that and this draft is rich in running backs.

We should all be whistling and kicking our heals if we can get Miami to agree to a player for player trade with TH, much less something involving the second pick OVERALL. That is beyond comprehension albeit fun to ponder.

A bit of reality is always a good thing, but hey it is the offseason so dreaming is ok also. Heck, I like thinking about the Bills going 16-0 next season and then 3-0 in the subsequent post-season.

So, please don't rain on my parade. As I will try not raining on yours. Having said that, I dream of a player for player trade for TH. No draft picks please.