Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

:lol: Yeah, because the Treasury can't cut checks when there's more then enough money coming in every month to make the interest payments.

This was another manufactured "crisis" just like sequestration. But it got all you chimps in an uproar so you ignore all the real problems, so there's that.

are you referring to our chinese creditors? they seemed pretty upset.

pic_cartoon_102113_new_A.jpg?itok=DSXMMqvv

i know they say a picture's worth a thousand words but you really should try your own prose sometime. it's old fashioned, yes. but you are a conservative.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol: Yeah, because the Treasury can't cut checks when there's more then enough money coming in every month to make the interest payments.

This was another manufactured "crisis" just like sequestration. But it got all you chimps in an uproar so you ignore all the real problems, so there's that.

Well, he does have a point because no president has ever presided over the country at a time when the country's credit rating got lowered.

No, wait. Check that.

here's the question that defines whether you were for a futile gov't shutdown as a tactic to defund the aca. would you vote for ted cruz if you lived in texas? are you likely to vote for a tea party candidate in 2014 if you have the option? because without them, this shutdown doesn't happen. with them, it likely happens again and again. if you answer"yes" then based on the reasoning outlined, you either believed that the shutdown would accomplish some or all of your goals, you're stupid or both.

here's the question that defines whether you were for a futile gov't shutdown as a tactic to defund the aca. would you vote for ted cruz if you lived in texas? are you likely to vote for a tea party candidate in 2014 if you have the option? because without them, this shutdown doesn't happen. with them, it likely happens again and again. if you answer"yes" then based on the reasoning outlined, you either believed that the shutdown would accomplish some or all of your goals, you're stupid or both.

So your problem is that you don't like the fact that people can elect politicians who then go to DC to represent those very people?

are you referring to our chinese creditors? they seemed pretty upset.

Again, since you're obviously a moron, there wasn't a single valid reason they couldn't/wouldn't get paid. Shutting down the government didn't change the government's ability to write a check on the revenue they take in EVERY SINGLE MONTH. Shutting down 17% of the government had absolutely nothing to do with the government's ability to pay interest on the debt.

Nothing to see here. Nothing. Keep trying.

By extension, if I vote for a Democratic Representative (likely, but not certain - I don't know who's running against van Hollen), I support the ACA.

You're a !@#$ing idiot.

Again, since you're obviously a moron, there wasn't a single valid reason they couldn't/wouldn't get paid. Shutting down the government didn't change the government's ability to write a check on the revenue they take in EVERY SINGLE MONTH. Shutting down 17% of the government had absolutely nothing to do with the government's ability to pay interest on the debt.

Nothing to see here. Nothing. Keep trying.

I think it was GG who explained this last time Congress got into a pissing match over the debt limit: if the government defaults on anything, the debt rating gets cut. They can default on a payment to Boeing, and the rating on Treasury Bonds gets cut.

The credit rating is a measure of the government's ability to meet obligations in this case, not just to service debt.

By extension, if I vote for a Democratic Representative (likely, but not certain - I don't know who's running against van Hollen), I support the ACA.

no. there isn't a single tea party representative that supports or is ever likely to support the aca. they've made it clear, they'll go to extremes to try to stop it even if they have virtually no chance.there are dem reps and likely to be dem candidates that don't fully support it but none of them is likely to start a movement to shut down the gov't. see, it's a subtle distinction but perceptible if you pay close attention.

Edited by birdog1960

no. there isn't a single tea party representative that supports or is ever likely to support the aca. they've made it clear, they'll go to extremes to try to stop it even if they have virtually no chance.they're are dem reps and likely to be dem candidates that don't fully support it but none of them is likely to start a movement to shut down the gov't. see, it's a subtle distinction but perceptible if you pay close attention.

And there isn't a single Democrat that doesn't support or is ever likely to not support the ACA, they've made that clear. And they already went to extremes to pass it.

And there isn't a single Democrat that doesn't support or is ever likely to not support the ACA, they've made that clear. And they already went to extremes to pass it.

once again subtle distinctions: it was possible as evidenced by its existence. also, they didn't shut down the govt to pass it.

no. there isn't a single tea party representative that supports or is ever likely to support the aca. they've made it clear, they'll go to extremes to try to stop it even if they have virtually no chance.they're are dem reps and likely to be dem candidates that don't fully support it but none of them is likely to start a movement to shut down the gov't. see, it's a subtle distinction but perceptible if you pay close attention.

Again.

NO Republican in the Senate or House voted for the ACA.

But keep trying to spin it as a small percentage of TEA Party representatives.

and though I am loathe to quote polls (since the media can so easily manipulate them) an average of polling show the majority of Americans did not support the way Obamacare was "passed"

Edited by B-Man

Again.

NO Republican in the Senate or House voted for the ACA.

But keep trying to spin it as a small percentage of TEA Party representatives.

and though I am loathe to quote polls (since the media can so easily manipulate them) an average of polling show the majority of Americans did not support the way Obamacare was "passed"

the tea party was the driving force behind the recent showdown on the clean cr. do you believe that would have happened had there been no tea party members in place? almost no one else does.

Why is the argument on the tea party? There is so much blame to go around and all you hear is tea party. Journalism is dead. And its funny to see the kool aid mustaches on people because they simply can't get enough

the tea party was the driving force behind the recent showdown on the clean cr. do you believe that would have happened had there been no tea party members in place? almost no one else does.

No, I don't believe that.

Thats why I didn't say anything like that..........................you are (again) putting your laughable slant on it.

Majority Leader Boehner, Kevin McCarthy, and Eric Cantor are TEA party targets more often than not, but they are the ones who fought against the ACA funding along with others. The "tactics" of the shutdown may have been a source of loud disagreement, but the opposition to Obamacare is still a Republican promise to Americans

Why is the argument on the tea party? There is so much blame to go around and all you hear is tea party. Journalism is dead. And its funny to see the kool aid mustaches on people because they simply can't get enough

Because Obama and the Democrats are completely blameless for everything. Just ask them.

No, I don't believe that.

Thats why I didn't say anything like that..........................you are (again) putting your laughable slant on it.

Majority Leader Boehner, Kevin McCarthy, and Eric Cantor are TEA party targets more often than not, but they are the ones who fought against the ACA funding along with others. The "tactics" of the shutdown may have been a source of loud disagreement, but the opposition to Obamacare is still a Republican promise to Americans

you don't believe what? that the shutdown doesn't happen without the teaparty? if that's what you meant and you previously said you never thought the tactics would work, then why would you support the tea party again. it's about the tactics. it's not about the position. you just stated that mainstream repubs hold your position. they (tea partiers) were dumb, damaging and they'll likely try something similar again.

Edited by birdog1960

I think it was GG who explained this last time Congress got into a pissing match over the debt limit: if the government defaults on anything, the debt rating gets cut. They can default on a payment to Boeing, and the rating on Treasury Bonds gets cut.

The credit rating is a measure of the government's ability to meet obligations in this case, not just to service debt.

Yup. Never mind the follow on effect of Treasuries being tied into virtually every financial contract in the world.

It's a bridge you never want to cross.

once again subtle distinctions: it was possible as evidenced by its existence. also, they didn't shut down the govt to pass it.

The only "subtle distinction" is you paint the opposition with a broad brush while pretending your side is diverse and nuanced.

So there is no subtle distinction. You're just a mammoth douche.

Yup. Never mind the follow on effect of Treasuries being tied into virtually every financial contract in the world.

It's a bridge you never want to cross.

Birddog, THIS is what it's like to have an excellent memory. You !@#$.