Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sometimes you lose the battles to win the war. Only time will tell.

Yep. We'll see in a year's time whether a 2-1/2 week shutdown trumps a disastrous Obamacare, slumping economy, and playing second fiddle to Russia.

mmmm, i saw a prediction of a political win for the right. na uh. loser every way possible. dumb and dumber.

Again...............................could you actually quote the post where someone said that......................

other than quoting yourself.......................................lol

You keep claiming you used to be a republican. Why? Did you really love Rockefeller that much?

i believe the opposite of what churchill said: if you're young and liberal, you have no brains (not so sure of that part - churchill"s version or mine)). if you're old and conservative, you have no heart. i was right of attila the hun in college. life taught me different.

Again...............................could you actually quote the post where someone said that......................

It was actually one of yours, where you posted from an article you linked that said the Republicans would win no matter what happened. Somewhere around page 8 or so.

It was actually one of yours, where you posted from an article you linked that said the Republicans would win no matter what happened. Somewhere around page 8 or so.

LOL........................that's probably the case in bd's fevered mind.

But as you are aware Tom, that doesn't really match his claim that "the conservatives here need to get new crystal balls"

None of us "predicted" anything different than what happened.

Now........................................how this affects Americans in 2014, there is much more disagreement there......................lol

LOL........................that's probably the case in bd's fevered mind.

But as you are aware Tom, that doesn't really match his claim that "the conservatives here need to get new crystal balls"

None of us "predicted" anything different than what happened.

Now........................................how this affects Americans in 2014, there is much more disagreement there......................lol

Well, this is the same !@#$head that said I predicted a Romeny win, according to his "excellent memory."

But then, we already know he lives in his own little, delusional world.

most of you supported the shutdown. that in itself is admission that you thought it would win something. the logic goes something like this: 1 we are conservative. we support conservative causes. winning elections and defunding tha aca are 2 of the most important causes. the shutdown helps acheive one or both. therefore, i'm for the shutdown.

alternatively, it might go like this: i'm conservative. i support conservative causes. the shutdown was a conservative cause. therefore i supported ti.

finally there's this: i supported the shutdown cuz rush told me to.

i'd like to believe i'm arguing with somebody that espouses something approaching the first line of reasoning. maybve not. why don't you lay out your thinking in supporting it. to what end were you aiming?

Edited by birdog1960

most of you supported the shutdown. that in itself is admission that you thought it would win something. the logic goes something like this: 1 we are conservative. we support conservative causes. winning elections and defunding tha aca are 2 of the most important causes. the shutdown helps acheive one or both. therefore, i'm for the shutdown.

alternatively, it might go like this: i'm conservative. i support conservative causes. the shutdown was a conservative cause. therefore i supported ti.

i'd like to believe i'm arguing with somebody that espouses something approaching the first line of reasoning. maybve not. why don't you lay out your thinking in supporting it. to what end were you aiming?

I supported the defunding the ACA ( which led to the shutdown) because I thought it was the right thing to do and the best thing for the country,

not to WIN something you delusional fool.

You always go back to your (incorrect) set in stone mindset of conservatives and their motives.

and since my reason was opposition to the ACA, those have been laid out in multiple threads over the past three years.

I supported the defunding the ACA ( which led to the shutdown) because I thought it was the right thing to do and the best thing for the country,

not to WIN something you delusional fool.

You always go back to your (incorrect) set in stone mindset of conservatives and their motives.

and since my reason was opposition to the ACA, those have been laid out in multiple threads over the past three years.

so you never expected this strategy to work for defunding the aca but supported it anyway? never minds that the whole fiasco might have been devastating to the country or more likely, to your causes? please explain how that is not delusional but i am.

You're an idiot. Most of us thought the shutdown was childish antics.

The only real debate was whether the childishness was Republican or bipartisan.

How exactly? Be specific.

credit rating, rising interest rates (do you know what a 1% increase does to our interest payments), speeding up loss of status as reserve currency, stock market crashing....read what the imf chief said. oh yeah, you probably won't believe her. she's european.

You're an idiot. Most of us thought the shutdown was childish antics.

The only real debate was whether the childishness was Republican or bipartisan.

you better tell b man that. i didn't see many posts with the theme "stop! this is stupid" from many cons here.

you better tell b man that. i didn't see many posts with the theme "stop! this is stupid" from many cons here.

That's because all B-Man posts is links to stories. I think I've heard him express an opinion of his own maybe twice.

credit rating

:lol: Yeah, because the Treasury can't cut checks when there's more then enough money coming in every month to make the interest payments.

This was another manufactured "crisis" just like sequestration. But it got all you chimps in an uproar so you ignore all the real problems, so there's that.