Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So does anyone think that this 2-1/2 week "shutdown" will have any bearing on the elections in a little over a year? Anyone?

um, did you happen to see the results of the nj senate seat? yes, i think they'll have a definite effect. and as we've already discussed, based on your prognostic ability in the '12 prez election, yours might not be the most impartial ad accurate prediction.

Do you know any sweet helpless grandmas I can feed dog food to right before I throw her over a cliff into water filled with sharks wearing laser beams on their heads?

You are such a useful pawn for progressivism to destroy America. Tool.

it's a valid question: where have all the alternative republican health care plans been? how many have ever been included in considered legislation?

Just going to let it implode on its own. Smart. And now that the shutdown is over, we can all start talking about what a disaster the rollout is and the dismal number of enrollees.

yes, brilliant strategy. couldn't possibly have come to the same outcome by doing nothing! by not shutting down the govt...by not causing further damage to our global reputation...by not risking and quite possibly injuring our credit rating. you win the prize for pop showdown spin master! Edited by birdog1960

um, did you happen to see the results of the nj senate seat? yes, i think they'll have a definite effect. and as we've already discussed, based on your prognostic ability in the '12 prez election, yours might not be the most impartial ad accurate prediction.

LOL........what buffoonery.

New Jersey, who last elected a Republican Senator in the mid 70's,

votes for another dem to fill Lautenberg's seat

and bd uses it as an example of voter dissatisfaction with the shutdown,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hilarious.

LOL........what buffoonery.

New Jersey, who last elected a Republican Senator in the mid 70's,

votes for another dem to fill Lautenberg's seat

and bd uses it as an example of voter dissatisfaction with the shutdown,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hilarious.

if you count every historically dem senate seat, the dems control the senate for ever....psst...you gotta win some dem seats to win a majority. and you all might consider something similar in your stategy to win prez.

if you count every historically dem senate seat, the dems control the senate for ever....psst...you gotta win some dem seats to win a majority. and you all might consider something similar in your stategy to win prez.

this is not just geared at you. But everyone.

Why do we still think of it as winning for "our" party? I liken it to eBay. Its not that you won the auction. Its that you put your efforts in to something you've never seen, touched and has no promise to do anything good for you. But they still told you that you won.

Tea party, democrats, republicans and every party are about the same. When you only have two sides of the hill the **** will always go to bone side or another. Claiming Democrats won this makes me sad. Republicans did not lose this. Anyone with half a whit of sense knew the only possiblw outcome and that everyone still let it happen for their 10 second sound bite is just how sad Uhmerica has become.

this is not just geared at you. But everyone.

Why do we still think of it as winning for "our" party? I liken it to eBay. Its not that you won the auction. Its that you put your efforts in to something you've never seen, touched and has no promise to do anything good for you. But they still told you that you won.

Tea party, democrats, republicans and every party are about the same. When you only have two sides of the hill the **** will always go to bone side or another. Claiming Democrats won this makes me sad. Republicans did not lose this. Anyone with half a whit of sense knew the only possiblw outcome and that everyone still let it happen for their 10 second sound bite is just how sad Uhmerica has become.

there are huge differences between the two parties. they get bigger and bigger everyday. and while there was at one time a significant diversity of thought in the repub party (when i was a member) there is very little now and getting less every day. i think over the last 30-40 years, dems have actually become less liberal in general. george mcgovern wouldn't have a chance of winning the prez primary now. therefore, the growing divide is almost entirely due to the further and further right the repub party gets. i share almost none of their values. so yup, it's us against them for now and until they see they can't win the elections needed to actually rule til they move towards the center. so far, they've done just the opposite.

Edited by birdog1960

How much did this useless Conservative stunt cost the American tax payers? I am a tax payer and had to pay for this stupid, useless, ignorant (Conservative) crap.

Look on the bright side: whatever it cost, it's government spending that created that many more jobs.

You unmitigated moron.

You think Booker won the Senate seat because of the shutdown? :lol:

I swear, it's like you look at gatorman's post and think, "Hey, not fair. I'M supposed to be the being dumbass here."

i think the right is certainly not picking up any seats because of it and very well may lose some in the house. so really, what was the point? they must have known they had no chance of stopping or even appreciably altering the aca. it really seems the far right can't look more than a week or two ahead when formulating strategy.

Edited by birdog1960

Stop calling a tax for not having coverage. A tax is something you pay for doing right, for a service or benefit. A fine is a punishment or fee for error. The ACA is a bull ****.

Since SCOTUS determined Obamacare was legal because the "penalty" was a tax, I'm calling it a tax.

B-Man answers the NJ senate seat issue. As for my '12 election prediction, that was also answered by going back to what Tom predicted. And given Barry's dismal approval rating, no doubt many who were dumb enough to vote for him wish they could take it back. But we'll see where '16 takes us. Barry got elected because people thought Dubya was doing a bad job. Barry's on the same downward trajectory and there is a good chance it produces a similar backlash against the Dems.

it's a valid question: where have all the alternative republican health care plans been? how many have ever been included in considered legislation?

this is where a very fundamental difference in the parties exists. democrats seem to believe they need to create a plan or a system to fix everything by either getting more involved or directly taking it over. republicans, among others, believe that most of the trouble was cuased by government involvement in the first place, and that by getting rid of the government involvement, most of the problems will go away. .

Since SCOTUS determined Obamacare was legal because the "penalty" was a tax, I'm calling it a tax.

B-Man answers the NJ senate seat issue. As for my '12 election prediction, that was also answered by going back to what Tom predicted. And given Barry's dismal approval rating, no doubt many who were dumb enough to vote for him wish they could take it back. But we'll see where '16 takes us. Barry got elected because people thought Dubya was doing a bad job. Barry's on the same downward trajectory and there is a good chance it produces a similar backlash against the Dems.

how bout this? did the recent shutdown have a negative, positive or no effect on perception of the republicans by the electorate, overall? will you all ever learn?

i think the right is certainly not picking up any seats because of it and very well may lose some in the house. so really, what was the point? they must have known they had no chance of stopping or even appreciably altering the aca. it really seems the far right can't look more than a week or two ahead when formulating strategy.

Okay, so you know nothing about Booker and NJ. That's all you have to say. The odds of the right picking up that senate seat were so ridiculously long that the story today is more about how Booker only won by less than an 11% margin.