Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

my answer is that if a pandemic hits we may well be ill prepared or at the very least, less prepared than we otherwise could have been.

You as much as anyone should know that the strains for the flu vaccine are decided on in the late winter, so that they can be manufactured by the flu season. It is mostly privately financed. If old people can't afford it , Medicare should cover it. Besides , the shot is cheap. I'm in my mid 50s and of the age where I should get a shot. I went to CVS and got one last month for $15 and got a 20% off coupon for CVS.

Face it, Obama is the worst President we've ever had.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You as much as anyone should know that the strains for the flu vaccine are decided on in the late winter, so that they can be manufactured by the flu season. It is mostly privately financed. If old people can't afford it , Medicare should cover it. Besides , the shot is cheap. I'm in my mid 50s and of the age where I should get a shot. I went to CVS and got one last month for $15 and got a 20% off coupon for CVS.

Face it, Obama is the worst President we've ever had.

ya think it might be important to know how many immunizations have been given and where? whether they've been effective? ya think the formulations for each years flu vaccines are dpendent on cdc collected data? are we arguing the usefulness and desirability of the existence of the cdc? really? if, the answer is yes, then you are beyond hope for performing rational analysis.

ya think it might be important to know how many immunizations have been given and where? whether they've been effective? ya think the formulations for each years flu vaccines are dpendent on cdc collected data? are we arguing the usefulness and desirability of the existence of the cdc? really? if, the answer is yes, then you are beyond hope for performing rational analysis.

Do I think it's important for you to know this data, or do I think it's important for the CDC to know this data?

Do I think it's important for you to know this data, or do I think it's important for the CDC to know this data?

wow. let me spell it out more s l o w l y. the fact that the cdc data was not updated for influenza and pertussis is worrisome for reasons other than those directly attributable to me, although those have merit as well. i'm once again hoping this narrow, literal, devoid of any imagination, thinking is feigned, but i fear it's not.

wow. let me spell it out more s l o w l y. the fact that the cdc data was not updated for influenza and pertussis is worrisome for reasons other than those directly attributable to me, although those have merit as well. i'm once again hoping this narrow, literal, devoid of any imagination, thinking is feigned, but i fear it's not.

Do you think this shutdown means the CDC isn't collecting data, or does it mean that it is not getting published to the web?

We are worried about the flu and CDC and bs like that over much other more important things? My that must be the life.

To be honest, if we lose a few nuts from the tree I am OK with that. Its a crowded tree. Anyone who can't treat a flu is a Darwin award candidate.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.

Amendment XIV, Section 4.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.

Does the phrase shall not be questioned mean the same thing as shall not be infringed? As in..

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Because if it does, the precedent has been set by Gun Controlfreaks on how to circumvent a Constitutional Amendment

you're quoting the constitution?! you??? really???? :lol:

He's probably quoting a dumbass friend from Facebook who is quoting a ridiculous internet blogger who is quoting the Constitution.

Yes, this same video, with the liberal "interpretation" was on Facebook last night.

its gibberish.

Good thing no one's questioning it.

People are suggesting not PAYING it...but no one's questioning it.

i've been to the cdc site several times since looking for info on infectious disease trends like pertussis and flu. there's a big disclaimer stating data is not up to date.

You've been personally affected by an out-of-date web site?

We are worried about the flu and CDC and bs like that over much other more important things? My that must be the life.

To be honest, if we lose a few nuts from the tree I am OK with that. Its a crowded tree. Anyone who can't treat a flu is a Darwin award candidate.

from your response it appears you've been personally affected by the slowdown, obviously in a more profound way than access to information... precisely what miner was attempting to prove irrelevant....

Parlimentary procedure changed. Not unlike how the Democrats "passed" the ACA.

care to produce the analogous rule change?

from your response it appears you've been personally affected by the slowdown, obviously in a more profound way than access to information... precisely what miner was attempting to prove irrelevant....

Not really. To be honest, I do not care about the shut down. The shut down has done nothing to directly change my life at this time and it will not likely affect my life going forward. Maybe I am narrow minded, but it just goes along with the territory. The world could be flat and it would not mean much to me.

You using the CDC as an example is pathetic. You worry about the flu? Walgreens has a flu tracker, WeatherChannel has a flu tracker. The whooping cough - well, guess your SOL. Hope you're a prepper, because it sounds like all hell is breaking loose in your life.