Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no. the narcissistic anarchist should. stop. and the imperialistic unilateralists should have been. no one is demonizing the veterans. that's what the anarchists are trying to impose on the dems, apparently with some success, unfortunately.

Geez, emote much? Obama tried to make a point. He pissed off the wrong people. Such are the simpletons.

But hey...at least no one is noticing how big an abortion the ACA rollout has been. Which is good, because you have to work hard to tie that to Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld.

i've been to the cdc site several times since looking for info on infectious disease trends like pertussis and flu. there's a big disclaimer stating data is not up to date.

Hmm...I guess I should have been more specific in asking for an situation that a Midol couldn't solve.

The horror.

yes, the very real potential is there for serious public health problems resulting in otherwise treatable deaths. the ongoing horror is the cost of the shutdown. billions already and the substantial cost to america's economic image around the world. if we see a 1% increase in borrowing costs we see a huge cost...and we likely will. watch the bond markets tommorrow if nothing changes.

yes, the very real potential is there for serious public health problems resulting in otherwise treatable deaths. the ongoing horror is the cost of the shutdown. billions already and the substantial cost to america's economic image around the world. if we see a 1% increase in borrowing costs we see a huge cost...and we likely will. watch the bond markets tommorrow if nothing changes.

In fairness, the only website the current administration seems able to keep up to date is OFA. No surprised you want to link treatable deaths to the shutdown, and yet seem oblivious to the fact that Americans will be taxed for not buying a product from a federal government unable to keep open the only store that sells the product.

Damn you, Rummy! Damn you to hell!!

Criminy, just the cost alone of the 10 brownshirts on horseback to make sure that what are normally unmanned memorials can't be visited because we don't have the manpower to man them is somehow puzzling. Defend that.

Hmm...I guess I should have been more specific in asking for an situation that a Midol couldn't solve.

yeah, next time a flu pandemic threatens we'll give you a midol. right after the investment bankers and then the babies and pregnant women get their vaccines.

Edited by birdog1960

Let's just hope he is right. I mean let's hope the insane GOP doesn't shut down the government and destroy our good faith and credit. Wouldn't that amount to treason? Economic damage from a default could be worse than the destruction of the World Trade Centers

Veteran political journalist Mark Halperin said Monday that Democrats know they are winning the battle over the government shutdown and all that’s left is negotiating the Republicans’ “surrender."

“It’s just a question of the terms of surrender right now,” Halperin said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “Part of what’s driving the dynamic is Democrats know they are winning and Harry Reid and the White House have the attitude of, ‘Why should we give anything because they’re coming our way,’ and they’re waiting.”

Edited by gatorman

yeah, next time a flu pandemic threatens we'll give you a midol. right after the investment bankers and then the babies and pregnant women get their vaccines.

So this is how the gov't shutdown is currently affecting your daily life? It's caused you to change your entire life to start prepping for a flu pandemic?

So this is how the gov't shutdown is currently affecting your daily life? It's caused you to change your entire life to start prepping for a flu pandemic?

is it any wonder the tea party is so easily able to herd cats? if you or a family member contracted the flu today, do you think it might be helpful to know if this years vaccine would be likely to decrease the severity of your course? whether and which antivirals are likely to help and decrease your risk of death? how likely the virus is to spread and how it's most likely to be spread? do you really think the cdc is a "make work" organization? Edited by birdog1960

is it any wonder the tea party is so easily able to herd cats?

See, I can only assume you were attempting to answer my question about how the shutdown has affected your life personally, since you quote my question in your response.

If you were not answering my question, just let me know.

But the answer that you gave stated that CDC website was out of date, and with an out of date CDC website, we are at risk for a pandemic. Are you sticking with this answer, or are you sure you wouldn't like to take another crack at the question?

See, I can only assume you were attempting to answer my question about how the shutdown has affected your life personally, since you quote my question in your response.

If you were not answering my question, just let me know.

But the answer that you gave stated that CDC website was out of date, and with an out of date CDC website, we are at risk for a pandemic. Are you sticking with this answer, or are you sure you wouldn't like to take another crack at the question?

my answer is that if a pandemic hits we may well be ill prepared or at the very least, less prepared than we otherwise could have been.

That potential exists whether the data is current or otherwise. Given your posting history and tenuous grasp of logic, I'd say you'd still have no idea what to do with even the most precise, up to the minute data, aside from drawing specious and unfounded conclusions.

my answer is that if a pandemic hits we may well be ill prepared or at the very least, less prepared than we otherwise could have been.

What's your answer to using ten brownshirts to guard previously unmanned memorials to prevent them from being visited?

Geez, emote much? Obama tried to make a point. He pissed off the wrong people. Such are the simpletons.

But hey...at least no one is noticing how big an abortion the ACA rollout has been.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/10/13/hospital-job-cuts/2947929/

Things are going swimmingly.

"The payroll cuts are surprising because the Affordable Care Act (ACA), whose implementation took a big step forward this month, is eventually expected to provide health coverage to as many as 30 million additional Americans."

http://www.usatoday....b-cuts/2947929/

Things are going swimmingly.

"The payroll cuts are surprising because the Affordable Care Act (ACA), whose implementation took a big step forward this month, is eventually expected to provide health coverage to as many as 30 million additional Americans."

Too bad the government is shut down or we'd know the September job numbers.