Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

don't confuse disappointment with embarrassment . karl rove was front and center and had wasted 100's of millions in pac contributions. think he felt that was likely before the big day or that he told hois benefactors that?

It's far easier to get political action when you're promising to continue doling out money.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's far easier to get political action when you're promising to continue doling out money.

and that has exactly nothing to do with the recent record of right wing prognosticators . btw, rove was an analyst this week spreading wisdom and prognostication on fox news sunday this weekend. i found the transcript compelling...

and that has exactly nothing to do with the recent record of right wing prognosticators . btw, rove was an analyst this week spreading wisdom and prognostication on fox news sunday this weekend. i found the transcript compelling...

The prognosticators thought that people would see the horrible state of the country and do the right thing and vote Barry out. But we all found out what I said above. And what DC Tom said.

The prognosticators thought that people would see the horrible state of the country and do the right thing and vote Barry out. But we all found out what I said above. And what DC Tom said.

then lets prognosticate the prognosticators. too bad dc can't weigh in. regardless of the outcome of a clean cr, the effect on the 2014 elections will be small. still a repub controlled house as teabag seats aren't gonna be in play unless there's a default. if there's default, the teabags lose some house seats. the dems hold the senate, regardless. and barring some unrelated disaster, the dems win the prez again in 2016.

bs...finally got a chance to check and surprise, surprise, surprise...those threads aren't archived. but the titles are. some real fine ones from oc about how the conservative polls were correct and the mainstream wrong and why. and i truly can't recall d.c. arguing against oc's p[osition. as it so rarely happens that one of the chorus chooses the road not taken, that would have been memorable. but, regardless the point remains. conservative analysts have not been convincing in predictions of late. just watch or read a transcript of election night coverage on fox. those morons were absolutely shocked at the results that night.

Do a search on the archives for the word "polls" in posts made by "DC Tom," you will see that he ridiculed all polls, including Fox and Rasmussen, and that he did predict Obama would win (because people are idiots.)

Edited by jboyst62

then lets prognosticate the prognosticators. too bad dc can't weigh in. regardless of the outcome of a clean cr, the effect on the 2014 elections will be small. still a repub controlled house as teabag seats aren't gonna be in play unless there's a default. if there's default, the teabags lose some house seats. the dems hold the senate, regardless. and barring some unrelated disaster, the dems win the prez again in 2016.

Probably, even though the country will still be going down the crapper and Obamacare's rates will skyrocket next October.

Do a search on the archives for the word "polls" in posts made by "DC Tom," you will see that he ridiculed all polls, including Fox and Rasmussen, and that he did predict Obama would win (because people are idiots.)

neither DC nor Tom have enough characters to search. interestingly, searching DCTom under members results in 1 match: 3rdning...

neither DC nor Tom have enough characters to search. interestingly, searching DCTom under members results in 1 match: 3rdning...

Thanks for the perfect segue (and spell my name right---It's 3rdnlng--"3rd and long" or get some glasses):

http://www.examiner.com/article/mutiny-retired-navy-captain-plans-blockade-to-protest-closure-of-florida-waters

“As you are well aware,” wrote Retired U.S. Navy Senior Chief Geoff Ross -- in a message posted by Fred Brownbill on Save America FoundationSunday -- the federal government “has illegally and unconstitutionally closed state fishing and navigational waters within the 12 mile boundary of state waters.”

When logging onto the U.S. Department of Interior website, visitors are greeted with this message,posted Oct. 1 by the National Park Service:

Because of the federal
, all national parks are closed and National Park Service webpages are not operating. For more information, go to

Citing Examiner’s report from Saturday – “Feds close Florida oceans: Florida Bay Charter owner says ‘they’re killing us'” -- Ross is now calling for “every charter boat fisherman across Florida, Louisiana, Texas and Alabama (who is able) to get his or her vessels ready for underway for a coordinated mission to recover your stolen rights as Americans.”

I want 1000 to 2000 charter boats filling the water way that was closed and confiscated illegally by President Obama under his White House order. DEFY IT ! Its illegal.

“I’m going to fill my waterway with boats,” Ross told Examiner Monday. “Charter boats, rowboats, canoe................

Go to a forum or somewhere Tommy posted.

Click on his name - and yes, he will be able to see you looked at his profile.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/user/68-dc-tom/

Click "Find Content"

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=68

You can then click on "Only Posts."

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=68&search_app=forums&userMode=content&sid=c14a42e46ad2bde71178f44b16652ead&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&st=0

There you can search his posts that are still active.

To go back in to 2012, and 2011 and further back is a lot more work. I have never paid attention to the PPP Archive but will figure it out if you really want. I do not understand why you cannot just take others words for it. I seldom post here because I don't know crap about current events, but I read this stuff while on the John at work. Tom several times posted that Obama would win. I remember in a debate he posted how it didn't matter how Obama looked bad, he'd win.

There, I said it, the Emperor has no clothes:

http://www.examiner.com/article/mark-levin-warns-obama-preparing-country-for-coup-against-constitution

"Earlier this week, conservative talk show host Mark Levin warned that Barack Obama is campaigning and preparing the country for what amounts to a coupagainst the Constitution over the debt ceiling,Breitbart.com reported Sunday.

Levin said that it's clear Obama has moved on from the shutdown and is now focused on the debt ceiling, paving the way for low-information liberals to support him as he bypasses Congress and unilaterally seizes control of the nation’s economy, Dr. Susan Berry wrote..

"Default, default, default…why is he saying that? Just to scare people?" Levin asked. "Well, that’s part of it, obviously. But, it’s more than that, ladies and gentlemen. Barack Obama is plotting, that if he can’t get what he wants out of the House Republicans, that if he can’t get his Plan A, and get Boehner and the Republicans to buckle - not just on the Continuing Resolution – but on the debt ceiling, then he’s got his Plan B."

And what, exactly is "Plan B?"

According to Levin, that plan involves Obama unilaterally raising the debt ceiling by citing the 14th................................."

TURNING KIDS INTO HOSTAGES: ‘All about power and leverage’ — feds shut down major roadway, block access to graveyard.

Folks who live in the Great Smoky Mountains have just about reached their breaking point with the federal government.

“It’s almost like they are pushing to see how far they can push before the American people say enough is enough,” said Ed Mitchell, the mayor of Blount County, Tenn. “We were founded on a declaration of independence. And they are about to push the people to the line again.”

Nearly a third of Blount County is inside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. So when the federal government shut down the park, it also shut down one of the area’s chief sources of revenue.

The National Park Service also closed the Foothills Parkway, a major thoroughfare in the county. The closure came without warning and left the local school district scrambling to get children back to their homes.

If the press covered Obama the way they’d cover a GOP President who did this kind of thing, he’d be toast. But they don’t, because they’re on his team. Just think of them as Dem operatives with bylines and you won’t go far wrong.

UPDATE: From the comments:

Obama’s intended lesson was meant to be, “See how awful life is without your Federal Family?” But the lesson learned–I hope–is, “See how awful your Federal Family can make your life if you tick it off?” We’re not seeing the absence of government; we’re seeing an excess of bad government.

If I were in Congress, I’d be introducing legislation to turn the national parks over to the states.

Edited by B-Man

I thought this might be interesting for comparison's sake: CNN's timeline of the 1995 government shutdown, beginning in August of 1995.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9512/budget/budget_battle/index.html

I don't remember that one as being anywhere near as nasty as the current shutdown has become.

As you know... I work for the Fed, DoD... I worked right through that 1995-1996 budget mess and never missed a paycheck. I can barely remember it. It was a different time, there was money still flowing in the pipeline... Economy was starting to take off. Today... Heck there are times when the agency can't go out and charge 80 bucks on the impact Visa card for a maintenance item because the district can barely make payroll. Literally one lock sector gate is almost collapsing into the river... We just do what we can and hope for the best!

I sense this is nastier because the funds, any funds are simply not there... They are shutting things down because they simply may not be able to pay people. Last time it seemed like a joke, again, I can barely remember it. This time the acctual trigger may be pulled. And if the tirgger is pulled, do they want a lot of back bills to cover?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I sense this is nastier because the funds, any funds are simply not there... They are shutting things down because they simply may not be able to pay people. Last time it seemed like a joke, again, I can barely remember it. This time the acctual trigger may be pulled. And if the tirgger is pulled, do they want a lot of back bills to cover?

The funds are there, they just keep giving it to political backers and friends (read Solyndra) instead of spending it on what needs to be done.

We have a spending problem.

The funds are there, they just keep giving it to political backers and friends (read Solyndra) instead of spending it on what needs to be done.

We have a spending problem.

Or suitcases full of it to villagers in Afghanistan! I knew somebody that was in a remote part... All these pumps (water) were dismantled and the one Col. asked the guy I know if he could put them back together... LoL... In the middle of nowhere, barely any tools... Think they came w/English instructions? LoL... They paid 60k in cash to have them resassembled... 30k up front and 30k when finished. Think the dude and his family hightailed it outta there before the Tailban came through and found out he had American money? Somebody else would just dismantle them again... And around and 'round we go!

Or suitcases full of it to villagers in Afghanistan! I knew somebody that was in a remote part... All these pumps (water) were dismantled and the one Col. asked the guy I know if he could put them back together... LoL... In the middle of nowhere, barely any tools... Think they came w/English instructions? LoL... They paid 60k in cash to have them resassembled... 30k up front and 30k when finished. Think the dude and his family hightailed it outta there before the Tailban came through and found out he had American money? Somebody else would just dismantle them again... And around and 'round we go!

Afghanistan?

So the shutdown is Bush's fault?