Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

Gotta love this! Gov't shutdown related. This is the first time I have ever heard this on the marine radio:

The USCG has just issued a "pon pon" for the Chicago Area Waterways on channel 16:

"Pon pon pon, attention notice to mariners, the US Army Corps of Engineers has just finished testing the fish barrier."

:lol: :lol:

The Obama PR machine in full force. In all my my years and w/the fish barrier(s) in place for over a decade... Never hear this pon pon... LoL

/dev... Have @ it! :nana:

http://www.washingto...6e-99b8a1cc0144

Oh nice job, trying to make the Capital look like the House Majority

If Kiko Alonso hears about this, there will be hell to pay for causing a Native to weep!

crying-indian-1.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaker Boehner won't let the Tea Party idiots destroy the economy.

http://www.nytimes.c...odayspaper&_r=0

sigh... Im tired of the Hyperbole from both sides on this issue. The Tea Party movement are not Economic Terrorists, they are a movemen that is pressing to provide contrast between establishment Republicans, and themselves as small goverment further right conservatives.

I didn't think they would be suucessful in their push for the ACA repeal or delay, but they have set the platfom for a "choice" in the midterms, almost 3rd party.. we will see how Americans receive that.

sigh... Im tired of the Hyperbole from both sides on this issue. The Tea Party movement are not Economic Terrorists, they are a movemen that is pressing to provide contrast between establishment Republicans, and themselves as small goverment further right conservatives.

I miss the old days when the only time people on the left referred to the Tea Party was to explain how it had no staying power. This was right after some Obama supporter tried to start The Coffee Party, which ultimately ended up looking a lot like Shooter McGavin out in the woods, trying to see if he could use Happy Gilmore's style to hit a golf ball.

When the president, to this day, blames the Tea Party for his inability to get things done, it puts a smile on my face. Are they just a bunch of angry old white racist Islamophobic granny-killing baby-starving tea baggers with no steam, or are they really able to stop any productivity from both the President of the United States and the US Senate? It's just all so confusing for hardcore progressives.

I miss the old days when the only time people on the left referred to the Tea Party was to explain how it had no staying power. This was right after some Obama supporter tried to start The Coffee Party, which ultimately ended up looking a lot like Shooter McGavin out in the woods, trying to see if he could use Happy Gilmore's style to hit a golf ball.

When the president, to this day, blames the Tea Party for his inability to get things done, it puts a smile on my face. Are they just a bunch of angry old white racist Islamophobic granny-killing baby-starving tea baggers with no steam, or are they really able to stop any productivity from both the President of the United States and the US Senate? It's just all so confusing for hardcore progressives.

Lol I remember the coffee party. Haha...

I honestly think the republican party will split in the near future between the establishment and fiscally conservative tea party

I honestly think the republican party will split in the near future between the establishment and fiscally conservative tea party

I hope they don't split because it won't help anyone but the Democrats, and under Obama's skillful tutelage, they can schitt the bed all on their own if the right can just be patient. The problem is they don't have the bully pulpit and the guy who does uses it to throw temper tantrums. It's a lot like sitting next to a crying baby on an airplane: you know it'll stop at some point, but it's hard to just sit there and listen to all the blabbering.

I didn't think they would be suucessful in their push for the ACA repeal or delay, but they have set the platfom for a "choice" in the midterms, almost 3rd party.. we will see how Americans receive that.

No, they are just a bunch of angry idiots. You think Rush Limbo really stands for anything meaningful?

The TEA party is not a political movement so much as it is an attempt to bring common sense, and business sense, to a group of people it sees as completely lacking it, DC. Or, worse, the TEA party sees many of these people as intentionally corrupt, living off of their influence, trading it, etc.

In all cases, the country would be better off without the establishment left in DC. They are the real danger to the country. They are the people who make $ off of every single new program the Democratic party creates, because they have the inside knowledge of that program, if they didn't help create it. The only ideology they truly believe in, is how to line their pockets, and that is also why they are so anti-religion, as they don't want to be reminded that their entire life is wrong.

This is not the "revolving door". That is a different problem, and the TEA party wants to end that as well.

In most cases, the country would be better off without the establishment right when it comes to DOD spending. Most of these DC clowns have created a sceneario where corporate handouts to their constituencies are a constant, and not competitive.

So really, the TEA party, as best as I can tell, is looking to break the establishment hold on endless spending via contemptible influence trading.

They want to destroy a lot of people professionally. That, and no other reason, is why the TEA party is constantly attacked by the media. That's because: there's an 80% chance that this DC media person's wife/husband is a TEA party target, and will be professionally destroyed if the TEA party has its way.

This ought to be good.

Well Msnbc says they don't like black people and the president is half black so they must be angry that the south lost the civil war. Duh. And Herr Obama says they obstruct everything, and I don't know what that means but ill go with it.

Tea baggers!! /gatorman

Gatorman, is the Constitution meaningful? I asked you this much earlier in this thread and I haven't heard from you. While your silence at this time may be for a legitimate reason, you'll be asked this question again and again until you answer. Ask lyrbob.