Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

seriously, Kentucky? Let's take a look at those Gerrymandered counties in the 2012 Presidential race:

http://en.wikipedia...._Kentucky,_2012

So those people in flyover country don't have the same right to a Congressional Representative as those on the coasts? Or should those in flyover accept that they should be represented by people on the coasts?

were we not discussing congressional districts? http://elect.ky.gov/SiteCollectionDocuments/Election%20Results/2010-2019/2010/statcongdistgen10.txt

So when the Republicans refuse to raise the debt limit because of Obamacare I wonder what happens then? Alexander Hamilton will be rolling over in his grave. He established our credit as a nation and now it looks to be headed towards a down grade again at the very least. This is all totally unnecessary

So when the Republicans refuse to raise the debt limit because of Obamacare I wonder what happens then? Alexander Hamilton will be rolling over in his grave. He established our credit as a nation and now it looks to be headed towards a down grade again at the very least. This is all totally unnecessary

I'm guessing that you're woefully unaware of how many times America has defaulted on it's debt obligations.

You're right that it's unnecessary, but for all the wrong reasons.

Neither side has tried to seriously address the problem of overspending. The Republicans are using the debt ceiling to tackle the abomination that is Obamacare, which ignores their own party's huge contribution to overspending (unwillingness to make military spending cuts). The Dems just want to keep rolling with every social program. Who knows? Maybe as the **** hits the fan, both sides will actually agree to some real spending cuts. It's optimistic of me to think so. I suspect America's credit will get downgraded and both parties will kick the can further down the road and Obamacare will keep rolling. Weeee.

Atleast six times: 1779, 1790 (presided over by your hero, Alexander Hamilton, 1798, 1862, 1933, and most recently in 1971. Additionally from 1841-42 nine invididual states defaulted, and from 1873-84 an additional ten states defaulted.

So in the Post-Reconstruction era of party politics, the US Federal Government has defaulted on its debt twice. In each case, both the House and Senate were controlled by Democrats. If the Government were to default this time around, the Republicans hold the has but the Senate Democrats would be 3 for 3

So in the Post-Reconstruction era of party politics, the US Federal Government has defaulted on its debt twice. In each case, both the House and Senate were controlled by Democrats. If the Government were to default this time around, the Republicans hold the has but the Senate Democrats would be 3 for 3

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/09/27/obama-government-shutdown-congress-statement-sept-27-touhani/2884413/

It's cool though. Obama "scolded" the GOP about it being thier fault again!

I think the Republicans should simply step aside. One year delay be damned.

The sooner this piece of schitz hits the American public full square in the face, the better.

If the majority don't like it now, wait till it goes into full effect.

The Dems own this lock, stock, and barrel.

LSBLogo.JPG

The Dems own this lock, stock, and barrel.

I'm tending to agree with this lately. Come hell or high water, make the Dems own it. Then I'd make them all government employees enroll it. Period.

Most Americans hate ACA. Just spend eternity reminding everyone who was responsible for it, over and over and over because everyone knows more people will come to hate long before anyone says they like. Hang in around their necks and make they carry it wherever they go.

I'm tending to agree with this lately. Come hell or high water, make the Dems own it. Then I'd make them all government employees enroll it. Period.

Most Americans hate ACA. Just spend eternity reminding everyone who was responsible for it, over and over and over because everyone knows more people will come to hate long before anyone says they like. Hang in around their necks and make they carry it wherever they go.

well, no. the urgency to stop it comes much from the belief that once people actually see the benefits, they will be generally happy with the aca despite the fear mongering. cruz himself has stated that once it's implemented it will be very hard to turn back. this is what he likely means. but if i'm wrong then this failed attempt won't matter. it can be reversed after it fails.

well, no. the urgency to stop it comes much from the belief that once people actually see the benefits, they will be generally happy with the aca despite the fear mongering. cruz himself has stated that once it's implemented it will be very hard to turn back. this is what he likely means. but if i'm wrong then this failed attempt won't matter. it can be reversed after it fails.

LOL.............really ?

The opponents are worried that, once the American people see the "benefits" of obamacare they will be generally happy.

Thats what the urgency is ?........................lol

Damn, you're living in a dream world. Where is this belief that once people see the benefits that they will be generally happy coming from? It is widely abhorred and it appears that the only people still supporting it are some of the ones in Congress who voted for it, the far left whackos, and doctors who wear ponytails, drive 6 year old Volvos and quote Mao. This is a bad bill. It can't be "tweeked" enough to be effective. It's time for a total redo. Let's start with addressing medical costs, not some idiotic premise of "fairness".

The death knell for Obamacare was the announcement that healthy people will pay more on the exchanges than they previously did. And again, if they didn't buy insurance before when they could be denied for P-EC, what makes anyone think they will buy it now when you can't be denied for a PE-C, and it's cheaper than before? Without them subsidizing care for the sickies, premiums will skyrocket starting in 2015.

Now that is interesting. I looked up delusional in dictionary and this post came up.