Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

i would argue that most of the tea party is comprised of special interest (a very specific demographic) and low information voters. who are you referring to?

Tell me in your words, what makes the tea party a group of low information voters? What about the tea party can you justify your statement that they are a special interest group who is attempting to leech money for their interests and gain from the government? What programs are they experiencing personal gain from?

If you want to make a statement like that, back it up with reasoning

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell me in your words, what makes the tea party a group of low information voters? What about the tea party can you justify your statement that they are a special interest group who is attempting to leech money for their interests and gain from the government? What programs are they experiencing personal gain from?

I know one, Rush Limbo selling his Tea Party Tea, lol. He never tells his ignorant followers that colonists actually boycotted tea, not bought it. :doh:

sure, a gov't shutdown is a good thing :wallbash: . drudge must not think so since there's no mention of it actually happening on his site this am. what a scumbag shill he is. if this goes on for long and we see repercussions like a significant stock market drop, y'all will be singing a different tune about it's importance. and drudge will be forced to post it. and republicans will pay with voters. but keep pretending it's agood thing.

Short term pain for long term gain. You've been pretending Obamacare is a good thing, so you're as much a shill as anyone you're pointing a hypocritical finger at. Soldier on, lemming.

look at the demographics from the last prez election. that's without breaking it down further into the tea party. it won't take much effort to prove how homogeneous the tea party is compared to the general population. and they vote for what's best for them just like most other groups. it's not difficult to see that they perceive the ACA as bad for them. others see it as good for themselves. that's special interest by definition.

look at the demographics from the last prez election. that's without breaking it down further into the tea party. it won't take much effort to prove how homogeneous the tea party is compared to the general population. and they vote for what's best for them just like most other groups. it's not difficult to see that they perceive the ACA as bad for them. others see it as good for themselves. that's special interest by definition.

You specifically called them low information. What makes them low information? Statistics and studies will show that average tea party member is more intelligent and aware of government and politics than most other groups. The media tries very hard to push the tea party= back woods racist but its just not true. There are whackos in every group but that's not the tea party.

I'm referring to the special interest groups that are bankrupting the country with their own agendas and our liberal and some republican politicians who whore our tax revenue out to buy their votes and political power.

This country cannot continue to spend how it has been. It needs to stop.

I know one, Rush Limbo selling his Tea Party Tea, lol. He never tells his ignorant followers that colonists actually boycotted tea, not bought it. :doh:

But he didn't create the Tea Party, nor does he lead it. The fact that he profits from it does not make him a special interest., anymore than Algore profiting from his global warming rhetoric.

The Tea Party wants less government and thus less government spending, please tell me how this benefits me.

The Resolutionary War

By Mark Steyn

Further to my post below on the specific point of the power of the purse, it’s worth noting more generally that government-by-continuing-resolution is a real banana-republic racket entirely unbecoming to any mature society. Robert Stacy McCain in The American Spectator:

Here’s a simple question: Why are we currently funding the federal government through a series of short-term measures known as “continuing resolutions”?

The answer is that the budgeting process has completely broken down in recent years, and the two men most responsible for that breakdown are President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. For three consecutive years — 2010, 2011, and 2012 — the Democrat-controlled Senate did not pass a budget bill because Reid knew that it would be a political liability to do so. Passing a budget that detailed the Democrats’ plans for spending and revenue as official policy would have exposed the “something for nothing” swindle that Reid and his colleagues are perpetrating on the American people.

That’s true. The first term of the Obama era gave us Scandinavian levels of spending with American levels of taxation – an unsustainable contradiction that would have been more difficult to pass off without the Dems’ we-don’t-need-no-steenkin’-budgets feint. But, again, they were only able to pull that off because of the utter degeneration of the broader budgeting process. Angelo Codevilla:

Since the Middle Ages, the first and most basic restraint on arbitrary government has been the people’s power to decide how much money the government will spend, and for what purposes. The US Constitution puts it this way: “No money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in consequence of Appropriations made by law” (Art. I sect.9). Nowadays however our bipartisan ruling class limits the Congress’ opportunity to approve, disapprove, or modify what the government does, to voting on “Continuing Appropriations Resolutions” – single, all-inclusive bills crafted behind closed doors. Then it cynically asks the people’s representatives: “will you agree to laws no one has read, to programs on the continuation of which you have not voted, and to regulations that haven’t been written yet, or will you shut down the government?” This turns democracy into a choice between tyranny and anarchy.

America’s much vaunted “checks and balances” are only as good as the political class’ deference to them. In Congress, the constitutional order has been largely replaced by procedural legerdemain by thug operators. It’s unseemly and pathetic.

You specifically called them low information. What makes them low information? Statistics and studies will show that average tea party member is more intelligent and aware of government and politics than most other groups. The media tries very hard to push the tea party= back woods racist but its just not true. There are whackos in every group but that's not the tea party.

I'm referring to the special interest groups that are bankrupting the country with their own agendas and our liberal and some republican politicians who whore our tax revenue out to buy their votes and political power.

This country cannot continue to spend how it has been. It needs to stop.

so if it's a special interest group that you like , it's ok. don't have time now but check out the demographics on education for the different groups. you might be surprised.

so if it's a special interest group that you like , it's ok. don't have time now but check out the demographics on education for the different groups. you might be surprised.

How is the tea party mooching off the government!!?? How is the tea party bankrupting the country???!!! How?

Because this has been my point, other special interest groups want all their programs, benefits, entitlements whether we can afford them or not.

Anytime someone tried to have a responsible discussion how to fix the problem you have jack asses like Joe biden or harry Reid talking about how republicans want us to feed poor people dog food and wheel grandma off a cliff

It's all a pile of bull **** to put fear into people to keep the programs alive so.idiots can continue to vote for whatever politician they think "brings home the Bacon" and who the hell cares we can't pay or fund it. The whore politicians sure don't care they ate setting the country up to go bankrupt, as long as they keep getting re elected.

It's 2AM on October the 1st with no budget or CR. Somehow the world has not imploded.

Oh the tragedy!

Still "making it flow backwards." Business as usual, another day, another dollar... another carp swimming to the lake. :P

When I come in today... Of course for security and flood purposes only... ;) "Put it on the wall captain, we are shut down!" We will get to you when kindergarten lets out in Congress. Don't like it? Write your Congressman. IMO, that is when things will really change.

:D

Birdog---You made the mistaken claim earlier in this thread that Drudge hadn't posted any articles or mentioned the shutdown of the government. I called you out on this and mentioned that there were half a dozen references to it on the Drudge homepage. You've been back to post since then but nary a peep concerning your claim. What say you?

Birdog---You made the mistaken claim earlier in this thread that Drudge hadn't posted any articles or mentioned the shutdown of the government. I called you out on this and mentioned that there were half a dozen references to it on the Drudge homepage. You've been back to post since then but nary a peep concerning your claim. What say you?

at 7am there was no announcement of shutdown. fox which amazingly seems liberal in comparison, had one. and a nice fact check piuece that dismantled some of cruz' claims.

at 7am there was no announcement of shutdown. fox which amazingly seems liberal in comparison, had one. and a nice fact check piuece that dismantled some of cruz' claims.

So they just suddenly posted half a dozen articles in the third column of the homepage? Isn't Fox great with their fact check piece? Do you agree with just the part where they "dismantled" Ted Cruz's claims or all of it?

So they just suddenly posted half a dozen articles in the third column of the homepage? Isn't Fox great with their fact check piece? Do you agree with just the part where they "dismantled" Ted Cruz's claims or all of it?

did you look at the site at 7am? if not, then shut up. i did. first place i went before checking my fantasy score (graham and brees won it big for me). nothing there confirming shutdown. went to cnbc and then fox, both had it in headlines.

I am not sure what is going on... We have 10 operators... 9 are protected... BUT one op is filling in a FTE (Full-Time Employee) spot on shift. He was taken off the midhshift and switched with a guy on days (just straight up switch, no OT... OT is forbidden and frowned upon) Strange becausee they are filling in for that FTE slot that has been alotted but vacant (hiring freeze). Normally, if he was in that slot officially, he would be untouchable like the rest of us. Oh well, I guess they will do anything to save a penny...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

We are paying for it, smartly, though

Explain how I should have paid my mortgage "smartly." Do you mean I should have used hog future certificates instead of legal tender? OR do you mean I should have defaulted, claimed a disability or whatever triggers a massive influx of public assistance, then sat back and let my neighbor shoulder my debt?

You are either seven years old, stupid beyond belief, or a Democrat.

Edited by Keukasmallies