Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's that hard because of redistricting and the geographic divide of the parties. not as big an issue in national elections. but isn't the burden on the group wanting to change the law but without the current power to do so?

I suppose if they wanted to change the law they'd introduce legislation to change it.

Seems like they want to exercise another form of their authority and not fund the law. Did we suddenly pass a new law saying that Congress can't do that?

I suppose if they wanted to change the law they'd introduce legislation to change it.

Seems like they want to exercise another form of their authority and not fund the law. Did we suddenly pass a new law saying that Congress can't do that?

nope but make no mistake who then would be choosing a shutdown. i don't think many independent voters woill make that mistake.

And if it's so good, the country can elect representatives to fund it.

Shouldn't be that hard right?

Congress is supopsed to fund Bills that are already law. Not until the last few years has that notion changed. This is the last ditch attempt for conservatives to try and destroy the president's signature achievement, they have failed in every other reagard to do it, even with a Presidential campaign centered about the job killing nation crumbler... still lost. If history is any indicator, they will surely lose again. Fine with me.

From Rassmussen, 51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding. Interesting to see how this affects things.

Related: White House: “We will not accept anything that delays or defunds ObamaCare.”

That’s rich, given how many times Obama has delayed it already himself. And all the waivers and exemptions for favored constituencies.

Congress is supposed to fund Bills that are already law. Not until the last few years has that notion changed.

Gee, I really disagree with this statement B, it just doesn't really ring true for a representative government.

Edited by B-Man

From Rassmussen, 51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding. Interesting to see how this affects things.

Related: White House: “We will not accept anything that delays or defunds ObamaCare.”

That’s rich, given how many times Obama has delayed it already himself. And all the waivers and exemptions for favored constituencies.

Gee, I really disagree with this statement B, it just doesn't really ring true for a representative government.

Oh, let's rule by polls! Great idea doof!

Oh, let's rule by polls! Great idea doof!

Oh, what the hell, I usually ignore such stupidity, but I've got a minute (and you won't understand it anyway)

The GOP legislators are not "ruling" by polls, they believe that Obamacare is a disaster and needs to be defunded.

I referenced a well-known pollster in response to B-Large and BirdDog's legitimate argument that this course of action would be very unpopular out in the country.

The Rassmussen poll demonstrates that this may not be the case.

Oh, what the hell, I usually ignore such stupidity, but I've got a minute (and you won't understand it anyway)

The GOP legislators are not "ruling" by polls, they believe that Obamacare is a disaster and needs to be defunded.

I referenced a well-known pollster in response to B-Large and BirdDog's legitimate argument that this course of action would be very unpopular out in the country.

No, they are reading the polls and acting. Typical politicians. Not statesmen at all.

Oh, and Rassmussen? :lol: No bias there!

Edited by gatorman

while i do appreciate the logic, "well known" and "respected" or "trusted" are 2 different things. i would argue that based on recent elections, rasmussen is the former while not the 2 latter, except in conservative circles.

it's that hard because of redistricting and the geographic divide of the parties. not as big an issue in national elections. but isn't the burden on the group wanting to change the law but without the current power to do so?

LOL! So Barry won the election fair and square, but dems lost the House and are possibly going to lose the Senate because of redistricting. Okay. :rolleyes:

And again it's funny that Barry was against raising the debt ceiling (as a junior Senator)...before he was for it. Typical.