Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

http://www.nytimes.c...ng.html?hp&_r=0

Take away those people's health care or we will shut this place down!

WASHINGTON — House Republican leaders — bowing to the demands of their conservative wing — will put to a vote on Friday a stopgap spending measure that would strip all funding from President Obama’s signature health care law, increasing the likelihood that the government will shut down in two weeks.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when lindsey graham is one of th few voices of reason in the party and is villified for it, you can conclude that the party is in trouble. my heart bleeds for them.

a shutdown will be a political disaster, not to mention an economic one but i don't believe that will stop the likes of cantor and cruz. i don't see how they possibly win here and i suspect they don't either. they likely haven't looked that far ahead as the moronic legislator in the peice said via his stupid football analogy.

Just keep regurgitating the "shutdown" narrative from the Left.........no one expects anything different.

H.J.Res. 62: Stability, Security, and Fairness Resolution of 2013

Introduced: Sep 12, 2013

Republican Rep. Tom Graves and 42 House cosponsors introduced a budget plan Thursday to defund Obamacare without forcing a government shutdown, placing pressure solely on the shoulders of Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Graves’ Security, Stability, and Fairness Resolution is a continuing resolution budget bill that offers a fiscal year 2014 budget that keeps the government open but does not fund Obamacare. The Obama administration has already delayed the law’s employer mandate until 2015, after the 2014 midterm elections.

NO ONE wants to shut down the government...............plenty of people want to pretend that this is the case,

but (again) no one expects anything different from the willing media and its parrots.

when lindsey graham is one of th few voices of reason in the party and is villified for it, you can conclude that the party is in trouble. my heart bleeds for them.

a shutdown will be a political disaster, not to mention an economic one but i don't believe that will stop the likes of cantor and cruz. i don't see how they possibly win here and i suspect they don't either. they likely haven't looked that far ahead as the moronic legislator in the peice said via his stupid football analogy.

Dude wake up and smell the coffee (not the Starbucks, that stuff is crap). Both parties are in trouble. And if you show your allegiance to one and distain for the other you have your head buried so far in the sand I can't help you.

Dude wake up and smell the coffee (not the Starbucks, that stuff is crap). Both parties are in trouble. And if you show your allegiance to one and distain for the other you have your head buried so far in the sand I can't help you.

trouble being defined here as contiuing inability to win national elections. in many other ways, i agree, both parties are in trouble. so with an impending tapering of qe and this looking quite likely, i'm guessing that you're guessing that the market is not going to like it much...

And who do you think is driving the Shutdown?

The crazy Tea Partiers that make up part of the Republican caucus, or Obama/Pelosi/Reid who are looking for any kind of advantage to curb the shellacking Congressional Dems are on track for in 2014, including a potential loss of the Senate?

Just keep regurgitating the "shutdown" narrative from the Left.........no one expects anything different.

H.J.Res. 62: Stability, Security, and Fairness Resolution of 2013

Introduced: Sep 12, 2013

Republican Rep. Tom Graves and 42 House cosponsors introduced a budget plan Thursday to defund Obamacare without forcing a government shutdown, placing pressure solely on the shoulders of Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Graves’ Security, Stability, and Fairness Resolution is a continuing resolution budget bill that offers a fiscal year 2014 budget that keeps the government open but does not fund Obamacare. The Obama administration has already delayed the law’s employer mandate until 2015, after the 2014 midterm elections.

NO ONE wants to shut down the government...............plenty of people want to pretend that this is the case,

but (again) no one expects anything different from the willing media and its parrots.

the aca has passed both chambers of congress, a supreme court ruling and a prez election in which the loser was against the aca and the winner was the biggest proponent. what about it not being negotiable do you all not understand.

Edited by birdog1960

trouble being defined here as contiuing inability to win national elections. in many other ways, i agree, both parties are in trouble. so with an impending tapering of qe and this looking quite likely, i'm guessing that you're guessing that the market is not going to like it much...

I don't care what the market does or doesn't like this month or the next 24 or more months for that matter.

Edited by Chef Jim

the aca has passed both chambers of congress, a supreme court ruling and a prez election in which the loser was against the aca and the winner was the author. what about it not being negotiable do you all not understand.

Can you list some laws that you believe are non-negotiable?

Polling has been consistent.

Americans understand Obamacare is unworkable and unaffordable, and that it is ALREADY separating patients from their doctors and employees from their employers.

Now, Senate Democrats and President Obama must make a decision: shut down the government to protect a destructive, unpopular law or acknowledge Obamacare has failed and cannot be salvaged.

I agree that it will not be "reported" this way, but outside the Eastern Beltway, that is the way it is being percieved.

I don't care what the market does or doesn't like this month or the next 24 or more months either.

ya think some americans might when they see their 401k's drop precipitously?

Americans understand Obamacare is unworkable and unaffordable, and that it is ALREADY separating patients from their doctors and employees from their employers.

Now, Senate Democrats and President Obama must make a decision: shut down the government to protect a destructive, unpopular law or acknowledge Obamacare has failed and cannot be salvaged.

I agree that it will not be "reported" this way, but outside the Eastern Beltway, that is the way it is being percieved.

i was paraphrasing the prez and the repubs know this. if they push this, it will perceived as very costly showmanship with no chance of effecting any change. it's a lose- lose. but by all means, carry on...

B, it hasn't even been implemented yet... how can it have already failed? Thats nonsense

To me, the Financial Services folks, business owners and corporate stewards will put pressure on Congress to raise the debt ceiling and keep ugging along, and the ACA will get funded as is. the ACA is not a back breakign annual price tag for the US, and the law can be changed if parts of are deemed to be not working, as parts have already been axed like the CLASS section of the bill regarding long-term care. Beside, there are essential reforms in the ACA that will staty in place and shoudldstay in place regardless of whether the rest of the regualtions it the Bill fail to work.

So the party that isn't proposing a shutdown is being blamed for a looming shutdown by the party that is threatening a shutdown?

What kind of retarded bizarro world do you live in?

Fund what Congress has already passed, which they have always done, and there will be no problem.... see, easy! If they don't like the ACA, win the Senate and White House and do something legislatively about it. If the ACA is that bad, that job killing, that Nation-changing where ever person wil be doctorless and financially destryoed by the evil BIll, its shoudn;t be that hard, right?

So the party that isn't proposing a shutdown is being blamed for a looming shutdown by the party that is threatening a shutdown?

What kind of retarded bizarro world do you live in?

the one where obama won convincingly in the last election and has veto power. the one where republicans know this and are still threatening to refuse reworking the debt ceiling if the bargain doesn't include defunding the aca... yeah, that world.

Fund what Congress has already passed, which they have always done, and there will be no problem.... see, easy! If they don't like the ACA, win the Senate and White House and do something legislatively about it. If the ACA is that bad, that job killing, that Nation-changing where ever person wil be doctorless and financially destryoed by the evil BIll, its shoudn;t be that hard, right?

And if it's so good, the country can elect representatives to fund it.

Shouldn't be that hard right?

Edited by Joe Miner

it's that hard because of redistricting and the geographic divide of the parties. not as big an issue in national elections. but isn't the burden on the group wanting to change the law but without the current power to do so?

Then shut the government down to stop people from seeing a doctor. Great idea! Didn't the Nazis get Hitler appointed chancellor by shutting down the Reichstag?