Jets open as 2.5 point favorite

tito1

We are 3 point dogs at home, now 3 point dogs on the road in NY.

I think we play well on the road and get this W. my sure where they are better than us

Real pumped about the 4pm start too. Should make for a solid afternoon of beer and food before the game

home teams get 3 points by default do the math the Bills have a .5 point advantage.

the Bills will be the underdog for the next few games and more. games I see as a favorite maybe @ Cleveland, Chiefs in Buffalo and the @ Tampa and @ JAGS game

and dare I say the Steelers

BTW it's a 4:25 PM start

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'm biased, but I don't think the Bills are showing all their stuff yet as they become accustomed to the new system. I don't think EJ has been given the greenlight to scramble, I don't think we are going vertical as much as we will as the year progresses, both things which should open up the offense and help the running game. On defense we just seem to be getting better as the secondary develops and we are putting pressure on the qb. I joshed earlier this year that I didn't think Rex Ryan was doing heavy game planning for the Bills. I think he definitely sees this as a big game against a team that can beat him. Overall, based on our qb who has been performing better than theirs, our receivers who have been performing better than theirs and our run game which is ready to make a statement....I'd favor us.

This is an odd line. Lots of variables at play -- two rookie QBs, the NYC bias. Feels like a sucker line, but I don't know who the sucker is. Lots of national media were (for some unknown reason) complimenting Geno's play last Thursday night.

Bills' D held Pats* and Panthers to 23 pts each, and of those 46 pts 20 were short fields after TOs. The other 26 pts were two TD drives by Carolina (one drive extended on a 4th down penalty) and four FG drives.

Does anybody see Geno leading long TD drives against this defense? This is all about EJ limiting turnovers and the Bills continuing to improve (i.e., play smarter on the penalty front).

I expect a low scoring game, and I don't see the Jets scoring more than 10 unless the Bills are giving them short fields.

Generally, the line is for betting purposes and not necessarily a reflection of who should win.

This really does have either the NY bias all over it or it's just saying the Jets have a big of an advantage because they're at home. I'd still pick the Bills with that line.

This is an odd line. Lots of variables at play -- two rookie QBs, the NYC bias. Feels like a sucker line, but I don't know who the sucker is. Lots of national media were (for some unknown reason) complimenting Geno's play last Thursday night.

Bills' D held Pats* and Panthers to 23 pts each, and of those 46 pts 20 were short fields after TOs. The other 26 pts were two TD drives by Carolina (one drive extended on a 4th down penalty) and four FG drives.

Does anybody see Geno leading long TD drives against this defense? This is all about EJ limiting turnovers and the Bills continuing to improve (i.e., play smarter on the penalty front).

I expect a low scoring game, and I don't see the Jets scoring more than 10 unless the Bills are giving them short fields.

I suppose if leading your team's implosion by throwing 3 INTs to put the game on ice for the other team is a good thing, then Eugene kicked some serious ass.

National media is ridiculous. They still think Bob Griffin is good, too.

The longer the Bills and EJ Manuel fly under the radar, the better off they'll be.

Don't forget you have Rex Ryan playing against the defense he designed - you'd think that would give him an advantage (and by contrast, the Jets have a "new" "offense" this year, which Pettine hasn't seen before).

The key with Geno is to take away his first read. I hope Pettine has figured that out. You take away his first read and he starts to dance.

The Jets have the better defense ATM, #2 vs #18 in the league. Buffalo has the better offense, #16 vs #25.

The Bills are currently 30th against the run. At some point I suspect some team is going to wise up and stop trying to throw at Buffalo and simply pound the rock. But, the Jests are not that wise :lol:

I suppose if leading your team's implosion by throwing 3 INTs to put the game on ice for the other team is a good thing, then Eugene kicked some serious ass.

National media is ridiculous. They still think Bob Griffin is good, too.

The longer the Bills and EJ Manuel fly under the radar, the better off they'll be.

This. 2013 is the year to hide away and just get better and healthier. If we by some miracle are 7-3 after 10 games, then we can turn up the volume. Not now. No way.

The Jets have the better defense ATM, #2 vs #18 in the league. Buffalo has the better offense, #16 vs #25.

The Bills are currently 30th against the run. At some point I suspect some team is going to wise up and stop trying to throw at Buffalo and simply pound the rock. But, the Jests are not that wise :lol:

Doubt it will work, other than a few big runs that have boosted the average, Bills have been VERY solid against the run, generally limiting them to 3 yards or less...

Remember how much trouble the Panthers were going to give us running the ball? Yeah not so much...we can run the ball on the Jets, Spiller torched them for 169 yards in New Jersey last year

Doubt it will work, other than a few big runs that have boosted the average, Bills have been VERY solid against the run, generally limiting them to 3 yards or less...

Remember how much trouble the Panthers were going to give us running the ball? Yeah not so much...we can run the ball on the Jets, Spiller torched them for 169 yards in New Jersey last year

Being 30th was a huge surprise to me. The stats are ugly. Average yards/game is 98.52. Buffalo is averaging 141.5 through two games. Deceiving, for sure. I would have guessed far less. I guess situational stops are what's most important.

But Mornhinweg (Jets OC) loves to throw the ball even if his run game is working (see Jests vs. Pats*).

I'm biased, but I don't think the Bills are showing all their stuff yet as they become accustomed to the new system. I don't think EJ has been given the greenlight to scramble, I don't think we are going vertical as much as we will as the year progresses, both things which should open up the offense and help the running game. On defense we just seem to be getting better as the secondary develops and we are putting pressure on the qb. I joshed earlier this year that I didn't think Rex Ryan was doing heavy game planning for the Bills. I think he definitely sees this as a big game against a team that can beat him. Overall, based on our qb who has been performing better than theirs, our receivers who have been performing better than theirs and our run game which is ready to make a statement....I'd favor us.

I would agree. Given that EJ missed most of training camp, and played against two solid D's his first two weeks, I expect much more explosion out of this offense. We have the weapons around EJ. (great Center, 2 very good WR's, a serviceable TE, oh, and 1 eliete and 1 very good RB). I would like to see us establish more of a ground game going forward when it is working. No more passes on 2nd and 3. Run the ball twice. Our RB's and O-line can make it happen.

We are 3 point dogs at home, now 3 point dogs on the road in NY.

I think we play well on the road and get this W. my sure where they are better than us

Real pumped about the 4pm start too. Should make for a solid afternoon of beer and food before the game

By the way the game is in NJ.

There is an old adage that says if you sit down at a poker table and you don't know who the patsy is, your it.