Bradham 1 play vs. Moats 33

eball

Huge stat from yesterday's game -- Nigel Bradham played ONE defensive snap. Moats played 33 snaps.

Discuss.

Not surprised. Bradham does not play even a REMOTELY disciplined game. Moats, while a HUGE liability in pass coverage, is a heady player who knows his assignments. I couldn't be happier for him because I honestly didn't see much of a role for him in Pettine's schemes. That's a testament to him and his coaches.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not sure if he was responsible on the particular plays, but twice Owen Daniels was WIDE OPEN and rumbled for huge gains, and Moats ended up moving from his MLB/ILB spot to tackle him on the sideline way downfield. I'd be interested to hear what was said on the telecast about those 2 plays. But in 4-3 looks the LBs are usually Lawson/Alonso (or Moats)/ Hughes.

Moats looks rock solid against the run

Yeah he did. He's hideous in coverage, but I was pleasantly surprised with his run defense. More physical than I remember. Good for him considering he's been asked to switch positions 38 times since he was drafted.

Yet Bradham had a nice hit on his one play where as Moats got burned a couple of times.

I was asking why he wasn't out there. Might be related to the match up Bradham is better in coverage, moats was a key run stopper or perhaps the coaches are imposing discipline for the legal Oooops?

Most likely because Moats is the better run stopper and they expected a lot of runs from CAR.

I'm not sure if he was responsible on the particular plays, but twice Owen Daniels was WIDE OPEN and rumbled for huge gains, and Moats ended up moving from his MLB/ILB spot to tackle him on the sideline way downfield. I'd be interested to hear what was said on the telecast about those 2 plays. But in 4-3 looks the LBs are usually Lawson/Alonso (or Moats)/ Hughes.

i noticed this too Jay. Was baffled when I saw how open he was on multiple plays. All I could think was they were in a zone'ish type defensive call. If not it should have been one of the LBs in him and they weren't.

If yiu happen to go back and look at it and figure out who it should have been, please let us know.

Not surprised. Bradham does not play even a REMOTELY disciplined game. Moats, while a HUGE liability in pass coverage, is a heady player who knows his assignments. I couldn't be happier for him because I honestly didn't see much of a role for him in Pettine's schemes. That's a testament to him and his coaches.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with this, he plays the run great but is lost in coverage and is a huge liability. Our scheme has a few wrinkles to iron out but all in all very happy.

Moats did look great against the run, but if he is responsible for covering a TE in any scheme it will be a liability.

I feel like the Panthers got away from hitting Greg Olson, he was open all day. They clearly wanted to attack Rogers with itty bitty Teddy Gin Jr. Which had some success but honestly Rogers did OK. He won't be facing that speed with whatever scrub the Jets suit up this Sunday so I'm feeling OK with him being out there.

1.) Moats should be out there but he needs some safety help on teh TEs.

2.) Also Can we just say Kiko is a stud again.

3.) Bradham has athletic ability and will learn from this "benching" he needs to know his assignments and stay at home. This might learn him.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Were we playing alot of 3-4? Cause usually that's the only way Moats gets on the field - as the 2nd ILB.

hard to say as Mario lined up as DE and LB all game. Plus Lawson played a lot. I did noticed Kiko and Moats as ILB most of the game but Olsen was uncovered a lot.

GO BILLS!!!

Liability in coverage is an understatement. That pass to Olson was Moats responsibility and he screwed the pooch bad. Its kind of a trade out but stopping the run has always been a problem for this Defense. So its awesome that they are getting better at stuffing the run. Still ,missing coverage that bad has to get better as that gives opposing Offenses huge chunks of yardage and that's just No Bueno.

Edited by LVBillsBackr

Moats strength has always been that he can take on blockers. Whether it's an OT, TE or RB trying to stop him, he's got a knack for winning his individual battle.

We ask our LB's to do 3 things Cover, Play the Run, Rush the Passer. Arthur is very good at the last two.

There aren't many LB's that are great in cover men in this league. Bradham is definitely a step ahead of Moats in coverage, but Pettine is using him the right way and it shows.

Moats strength has always been that he can take on blockers. Whether it's an OT, TE or RB trying to stop him, he's got a knack for winning his individual battle.

We ask our LB's to do 3 things Cover, Play the Run, Rush the Passer. Arthur is very good at the last two.

There aren't many LB's that are great in cover men in this league. Bradham is definitely a step ahead of Moats in coverage, but Pettine is using him the right way and it shows.

Moats was a DE in college, so it is asking a lot for him to cover. He does seem to be a good 2 down ILB and I think the team uses a S as a LB in passing situations most of the time anyways.

Our team is the Buffalo Bills. They NEVER cover Tight Ends. At least not for the last 30 years. Ugh!

Moats has been solid, and is a solid citizen, too. Kiko is an outright stud. Williams is a beast at safety, although I wanted to jumped through my TV and slap the crap out of him for the very dumb penalty.

I love our D's attitude!