EJ's first two games in comparison to other recent rookie QB's

Big Turk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SINGLE most important aspect of his game yesterday. BY FAR, in my opinion. This game is all about getting up off the mat. The great ones know how to do it. Damned impressive showing by EJ in this regard.

As to the game winning drive, the impact that has on the rest of the team can't be overstated. Your defense wants to play harder knowing they have a chance and your offense will just follow his lead when someone takes command like that. And it's infectious and it grows as the team matures.

Shades of '86, folks.

GO BILLS!!!

Also its about not tripping on the mat.

We beat the jets next week and we will be the lead story. We need to start winning games to get the respect of the media.

Exactly who needs the Sports Entertainment Network's validation? F Them. Just Win.

The Bills beat the panthers, another team on ignore even with Cam Newton.

When the Bills embarrass the Jests that'll get some attention for those that need it.

The SINGLE most important aspect of his game yesterday. BY FAR, in my opinion. This game is all about getting up off the mat. The great ones know how to do it. Damned impressive showing by EJ in this regard.

As to the game winning drive, the impact that has on the rest of the team can't be overstated. Your defense wants to play harder knowing they have a chance and your offense will just follow his lead when someone takes command like that. And it's infectious and it grows as the team matures.

Shades of '86, folks.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't say "mat".

Objectively (it is hard for me), EJ did not seem to have a good game yesterday. He looked like a rookie, a lot, and overthrew the deep ball and missed wide open guys, made some mistakes that he will need to really work on. BUT.... he is clutch. Last week, we can say that he wasn't clutch when he needed to extend the drive prior to NE's winnig drive and he couldn't do it, but that was slightly different in that we had the lead and the defense needed to preserve it too. But we have seen him do this a few times now going back to the preseason where he has little time on a drive and just makes it happen. I attribute that to mental toughness, which a lot of QBs don;t have and others don't get there for years. He is able to shake off bad plays, etc. and keep focused on the ultimate goal. The latter is something that is innate and can rarely be coached, especially so early in a QB's career. I was extremely proud of the OL, CJ and Freddy for their play because that is exactly what a rookie QB needs to be successful.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Objectively (it is hard for me), EJ did not have a good game yesterday. He looked like a rookie, a lot, and overthrew the deep ball and missed wide open guys, made some mistakes that he will need to really work on. BUT.... he is clutch. Last week, we can say that he wasn't clutch when he needed to extend the drive prior to NE's winnig drive and he couldn't do it, but that was slightly different in that we had the lead and the defense needed to preserve it too. But we have seen him do this a few times now going back to the preseason where he has little time on a drive and just makes it happen. I attribute that to mental toughness, which a lot of QBs don;t have and others don't get there for years. He is able to shake off bad plays, etc. and keep focused on the ultimate goal. The latter is something that is innate and can rarely be coached, especially so early in a QB's career. I was extremely proud of the OL, CJ and Freddy for their play because that is exactly what a rookie QB needs to be successful.

Completely disagree. You wanna see a bad rookie QB performance go rewatch Geno Smith against the Patriots...that was just god awful

Completely disagree. You wanna see a bad rookie QB performance go rewatch Geno Smith against the Patriots...that was just god awful

I watched Geno against the Pats. I am totally anti-Geno. Just saying EJ did not have a good game overall and pointed out why I thought that. But the difference between he and Geno (one of many differences) is that he was able to overcome that and win the game.

I watched Geno against the Pats. I am totally anti-Geno. Just saying EJ did not have a good game overall and pointed out why I thought that. But the difference between he and Geno (one of many differences) is that he was able to overcome that and win the game.

He definitely missed some throws but he threw for almost 300 yards against a D that held Seattle to 12 points. IMO, Carolina has a very good D and that makes his day even better.

Frankly, I think this weekend's game should be titled "The Rookie Bowl" and be the featured game on national TV. The country should get front-row seats to see Geno's a$$ whipped and handed to him on a platter while Cool Man-uel grinds the Jets to dust.

He definitely missed some throws but he threw for almost 300 yards against a D that held Seattle to 12 points. IMO, Carolina has a very good D and that makes his day even better.

To be fair, the only parts of the game I have seen so far are via RedZone and highlights. I am going off of the board gameday thread and GameCast play by play. It seemed like he had guys open a lot and missed them, and the two turnovers. I will watch the game on the NFL Replay this week. I am not criticizing the kid, I am saying he was able to overcome adversity and make some clutch, ballsy plays that is saying a lot in this league at this stage of his career. Maybe my mistake was following ther gameday thread, since the posts indicated he looked really bad, esp. early on.

Just don't compare EJ3 to RGIII because his ego has gotten the better of him.

We beat the jets next week and we will be the lead story. We need to start winning games to get the respect of the media.

I'm not so sure. A spectacular finish under 2 minutes, no time outs and the Bills are delegated to the last page. AND still the writers say it wasn't a big deal .see ESPN AFCE blog

The NYETS are in disarray. beating them won't do much

To be fair, the only parts of the game I have seen so far are via RedZone and highlights. Maybe my mistake was following ther gameday thread, since the posts indicated he looked really bad, esp. early on.

Yeah, if you're not going to actually watch the game, basing your opinion on the gameday thread comments might not quite give you an accurate assessment of reality.

Yeah, if you're not going to actually watch the game, basing your opinion on the gameday thread comments might not quite give you an accurate assessment of reality.

I wasn't able to watch the game because I live out of town. I also watched the post-game presser from Coach Marrone and he eluded to the same thing...

I don't know who could expect much more from a rookie QB in the NFL. (Not named Luck) I think he actually threw the ball better in Game 1 because he had some bad overthrows yesterday, but finally Bills games are interesting and who can ask for more? Not me, after 12 years of crap.

He's definitely better than Florida State grad, Joe Buscalia, thinks...LOL.

I wasn't able to watch the game because I live out of town. I also watched the post-game presser from Coach Marrone and he eluded to the same thing...

Seriously though?!

Don't regurgitate second hand information and act like you have a point of view.

After you watch the game, then post your opinion.

Most of this board doesn't live in Buffalo but most of the board watched the game.

Seriously though?!

Don't regurgitate second hand information and act like you have a point of view.

After you watch the game, then post your opinion.

Most of this board doesn't live in Buffalo but most of the board watched the game.

OK :rolleyes: I was able to know that he had 2 turnovers, overthrew guys and missed open receivers because it is documented on the Gamecast AND those who were watching the game said this, it was commented on over and over. So.... it wasn't my "point of view" that he did this. I was providing a positive, not negative, opinion of how he overcame this. Edited by YoloInTheBlo