The Affordable Care Act is Coming Home to Roost

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Maybe this is why the House wanted to wait.

Debbie Wasserman Shultz this morning explained that the problem is the servers are only built to handle 50,000 visitors a day, and word is that they'll spend the weekend trying to fix it.

What a global mess this has become. The ACA rollout is going to make the Edsel look like the release of a new iPhone. Does anyone really think that a weekend spent re-writing $700M code is going to fix this?

Debbie Wasserman Shultz this morning explained that the problem is the servers are only built to handle 50,000 visitors a day, and word is that they'll spend the weekend trying to fix it.

What a global mess this has become. The ACA rollout is going to make the Edsel look like the release of a new iPhone. Does anyone really think that a weekend spent re-writing $700M code is going to fix this?

They're just gonna fix it by making the link go to the Peterpan guy's page.

That should double or maybe even triple his regular traffic.

Yeah we have some real brilliant people running our government don't we. And all these people want them to control more? 50,000 visitors a day. :doh:

http://connectforhealthco.com/

Colorado's working just fine. Maybe if the States who refused to help in the process put in the effort to make this a go, we wouldn't have so many issues.

But I guess rooting for failure has become the American way for some of us...

I love seeing posts from you complaining about people being partisan.

I recognize people are partisan, I don't complain about it. People can be as partisan as they want, and again, root for failure.

It's nice when we can twist other's views to meet a preconceived notion about their stance that allows us to justify and feel good about ourselves isn't it?

I like living with my head up my ass as well.

http://connectforhealthco.com/

Colorado's working just fine. Maybe if the States who refused to help in the process put in the effort to make this a go, we wouldn't have so many issues.

But I guess rooting for failure has become the American way for some of us...

Gee, imagine if the people who created this law took a moment to maybe, y'know, think it all through before passing it. Imagine if they thought for one moment what it would mean if states don't participate; I mean, beyond seeing it as a scapegoat for their own ineptness.

You generally seem like a reasonable poster. Your post above doesn't support that case. This law and it's entire plan is FUBAR'ed, and the only people to blame for this are the people who shoved it directly up all of our asses.

But hey...if you feel better blaming someone else for this mess, it's duly noted. One thing you can say about this administration; they'll NEVER accept responsibility for anything unless it somehow can be spun as a positive.

Edited by LABillzFan

I recognize people are partisan, I don't complain about it. People can be as partisan as they want, and again, root for failure.

C'mon "B", you know better than that.

People pointing out that a plan is unworkable and will hurt more than it helps.........is not "rooting for failure"

It has to be repeated often because of the amount of money and media behind implementation.

JAMES TARANTO: What Fresh Hell Is This? ObamaCare’s technical troubles call the mandate into question.

You know the ObamaCare debut isn’t going well when a pair of supporters, Nick Wing and Jeffrey Young of the Puffington Host, pen an article with the headline “9 Valid Concerns We Can All Have About Obamacare, Without Thinking It Will Literally Bring Hell on Earth.” Talk about damning with faint praise!

Wing and Young have set up quite a straw man, taking ObamaCare opponents’ most exaggerated fears and exaggerating them even further.

They set up a straw man on the other side of the debate as well. The article opens with the “concession” that “the Affordable Care Act isn’t perfect. . . . Like most laws, Obamacare never will be perfect.” (That “most” is a nice touch. One wonders if they have an example in mind of a law that is perfect.) But we don’t recall anyone promising that ObamaCare would be perfect. What Obama and his backers promised was that it would be very, very good–that it would provide “universal” (or nearly so) coverage while reducing costs and maintaining or improving the quality of medical care.

Now, however, Wing and Young dramatically scale back that promise, describing ObamaCare as an “ambitious reform effort meant to make a dent in the nearly 50 million Americans who currently lack health insurance.” Again, that’s a contradiction in terms: It was in fact “ambitious,” but it would not have been so if it meant only to “make a dent.”

This is all by way of setting a very low standard for evaluating ObamaCare, one that will ensure it will be judged a “success” as long as it doesn’t destroy America. But the meat of the article is actually an indictment of ObamaCare, at least if one applies a reasonable standard of asking whether on balance it is a good piece of legislation.

Yeah, by that standard it’s a miserable failure.

TRAIN WRECK: NBC Blasts Obamacare Exchanges: ‘The Focus of Ridicule’ and ‘A Complete Mess.’

Yeah, pretty much.

Edited by B-Man

Strategically, Boehner should get the right to approve the debt-limit issue, open the government, and then have everyone start pounding on the embarrassing mess of Obamacare. The only reason it doesn't get more play is because Obama is holding the country hostage by refusing to negotiate. Give him what he wants, open the government, and eliminate the barrier to shove Obamacare up his ass.

Every day that this Mongolian Cluster !@#$ gets delayed from full implementation is a reprieve for Pelosi, Reid, and B.O. from having to feel the wrath of the American public over what they did to healthcare insurance in this country.

Good to see this bit of news because we have too many doctors as it is...

United HealthCare in CT Fires Thousands of Doctors

From the article:

UPDATE: In an email statement, UnitedHealthCare spokesman Ben Goldstein told News 8, "With the many changes happening in health care, we are building a network of health care providers that we can collaborate with more closely to have the most positive impact on the quality of care for our members. We are prepared to help our members transition to new providers. Members with questions are encouraged to call the customer service number on the back of their member ID card for more information."

The bold part means ACA

This is what we warned about. unintended consequences!!!