Another "spilled hot drink" lawsuit

Just Jack

The factory setting for heat in a Keurig is 192 degrees. That's what I keep ours at.

Just curious here....Can you actually drink the coffee as soon as it's ready (assuming you're not adding any cold creamer; obviously, that would cool it down a bit), or do you have to wait a little for it to cool down?

What's the appropriate temperature for having it sit in your lap in the car and then spill all over you because you're too stupid to use a cupholder?

I read about a lawsuit this morning. A couple of parents are suing a zoo because they accidentally dropped their child into a wild dog enclosure. Apparently their decision to hold their kid up over the safety railing, drop him, then watch him get chewed on by wild animals was the zoo's fault.

This lady ought to see the car manufacturer. It's their fault she didn't use the cupholder.

The only way to truly solve this problem is to have the federal government give everyone a free insulated sippy cup.

Or, since preventing burns is indisputably a health care issue, and preventing burns is cheaper than treating burns, go with established precedent and mandate that employers provide their employees a sippy cup, establish sippy cup exchanges for people that have to buy their own sippy cups, have the IRS levy a tax against people who don't buy sippy cups, then subsidize sippy cups for people who can't afford sippy cups (but make sure to give them the subsidy before they buy the sippy cup).

It was in a cup holder. Problem was the ex-husband got into an accident and the top came off, spilling the tea onto her.

It's an injury suffered as a result of a car accident. The liability lies with the drivers, no one else.

The only way to truly solve this problem is to have the federal government give everyone a free insulated sippy cup.

Or, since preventing burns is indisputably a health care issue, and preventing burns is cheaper than treating burns, go with established precedent and mandate that employers provide their employees a sippy cup, establish sippy cup exchanges for people that have to buy their own sippy cups, have the IRS levy a tax against people who don't buy sippy cups, then subsidize sippy cups for people who can't afford sippy cups (but make sure to give them the subsidy before they buy the sippy cup).

impressive. you've either lived in DC quite a while, or you're a natural for the Senate. we need someone capable of addressing the sippy cup gap in this nation.

Edited by Azalin

Just curious here....Can you actually drink the coffee as soon as it's ready (assuming you're not adding any cold creamer; obviously, that would cool it down a bit), or do you have to wait a little for it to cool down?

I have to let it cool. I hit the button, then take the dog for a walk. By the time I get back (about 10-15 minutes) it's perfect. I don't like my coffee piping hot. But I like to brew it hot, then naturally cool.

That might be weird, but it's how I roll.

If I'm in a hurry, I just drop an ice cube in it. I also drink my coffee black.