Dwan Lives in Buffalo

There have been a lot of comments over the years here at TBD that FAs will not choose Buffalo because it's a cold-weather, small-market town without much to offer a young millionaire.

With those criticisms in mind, I think it's interesting that the former Bill, Dwan Edwards, chooses to keep his family and home in Buffalo:

Edwards rented a house in Charlotte for his family last season but decided in the offseason that with two school-age children and a third about to start school, Buffalo made more sense this year. He's renting a townhouse in Charlotte formerly occupied by former Panthers and Bills guard Geoff Hangartner and seeing the family when he can.

"I signed a four-year deal up there, so I assumed I was going to be there a little longer than two years," Edwards said. "We had a house in Baltimore that we sold, and we really like upstate New York. People are nice, and the kids love their school. They also love to snowboard. It's a great place for me and my family."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Edwards-seeks-success-in-return-home/63a642ea-a51f-4e56-95e5-923b09b11a1e?two-bills-drive

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WNY really is a great place to live. Maybe not to party and sow wild oats, but to live and raise a family it can't be beat. I would prefer shorter winters, but we really don't get hurricanes, tornados, plagues of bugs, dangerous animals, traffic, etc.

I was lucky enough to live in Buffalo for about 6 months and I had the time of my life. I love that town and don't understand the general lack of esteem for it. City of Good Neighbors, indeed.

Maybe being a Bills fan, having a dad that grew up there and met my mother there changed my perception, I don't know. But the area is a good fit for my personality and preferences. I guess I'm not a millionaire though.

And my God the atmosphere outside and inside that stadium is more than any Jets fan down here in the swamp has ever experienced. You folks make every home game feel like a Grateful Dead show.

WNY is a hard sell to anyone who has never been there...why would they want to go there? But once you are there, it has its' charms. I always thing about moving back, but I with a native Texas girl who thinks it is "freezing" outside if the temperture dips below 72 degrees....choices!

WNY is a hard sell to anyone who has never been there...why would they want to go there? But once you are there, it has its' charms. I always thing about moving back, but I with a native Texas girl who thinks it is "freezing" outside if the temperture dips below 72 degrees....choices!

maybe its just the nature of being on a bills board, but i feel like a lot of people struggle with it being a great place to live, but a tough sell to outsiders. in the OP it came across almost as if he didnt think those two things could both be true. saying young millionaires often from the southeast dont typically want to flock to buffalo, isnt that huge a knock on buffalo.

Edited by NoSaint

i think buffalo is on the "way back" if there is such a thing. the only thing that separates it from the "charlottes" ," san antonio's" (outside of the weather) is the economy. but the politicos seem to finally get it.. people B word about things in every town, but buffalo is fine.. the negative press was overdone due to the snowstorms over the years, but the people are what makes an area and buffalo people are the best.

WNY really is a great place to live. Maybe not to party and sow wild oats, but to live and raise a family it can't be beat. I would prefer shorter winters, but we really don't get hurricanes, tornados, plagues of bugs, dangerous animals, traffic, etc.

Ever been to Chippewa on a weekend? Tons of hot slutty girls wanting to play hide the sausage with random guys...if you can't get laid there, you got issues, lol

We have a great number of higher education institutions here.

We are near a beautiful river, one of the wonders of the world and one of the largest fresh water sources on the planet.

We get our power from the largest hydroelectric source this side of the Mississippi.

We share a boarder and peaceful relations with our good neighbors to the north.

There are five million people within an hour and half drive, and probably double that within a 4 hour drive (Cleveland and Pittsburgh).

...and our taxes are bat-s***t outrageous.

:P

...but it is still such a great place to live.

GO BILLS!

Ever been to Chippewa on a weekend? Tons of hot slutty girls wanting to play hide the sausage with random guys...if you can't get laid there, you got issues, lol

This message from the Chippewa chamber of commerce...

Nice! I agree... I live in Columbus and it is home now, I like it but would LOVE to live in Buffalo again. It is a great city.

Lived in Columbus for 6 years but moved back here. Nice enough city but there is just something missing there that is hard to put a finger on...

Lived in Columbus for 6 years but moved back here. Nice enough city but there is just something missing there that is hard to put a finger on...

It is all transplants. Very few people who live here are actually from Columbus. Nothing wrong with that, but it is a very young city and when you are a family raising kids it just feels different than somewhere that has real roots.

It is all transplants. Very few people who live here are actually from Columbus. Nothing wrong with that, but it is a very young city and when you are a family raising kids it just feels different than somewhere that has real roots.

Also - it is very "white collar" - not that there is anything wrong with that....

This message from the Chippewa chamber of commerce...

Is that you, Marshawn?

It's great for families. Usually the 20 something players don't have those. They're looking for recognition and bar scenes with hot young women. They can find that elsewhere.

Right, that is why players like Freddy Jackson, Scott Chandler, Fitz (at the time) live here full time while young guys like CJ and Gilmore only are here during the season. I am sure it is like that for a lot of teams.

There have been a lot of comments over the years here at TBD that FAs will not choose Buffalo because it's a cold-weather, small-market town without much to offer a young millionaire.

With those criticisms in mind, I think it's interesting that the former Bill, Dwan Edwards, chooses to keep his family and home in Buffalo:

Edwards rented a house in Charlotte for his family last season but decided in the offseason that with two school-age children and a third about to start school, Buffalo made more sense this year. He's renting a townhouse in Charlotte formerly occupied by former Panthers and Bills guard Geoff Hangartner and seeing the family when he can.

"I signed a four-year deal up there, so I assumed I was going to be there a little longer than two years," Edwards said. "We had a house in Baltimore that we sold, and we really like upstate New York. People are nice, and the kids love their school. They also love to snowboard. It's a great place for me and my family."

http://www.panthers....two-bills-drive

Also, Charlotte has Harris-Teeter and Buffalo has Wegmans. Huge. Edited by YoloInTheBlo