JETS D looks really good ... Offense, meh ...

I think Jets win if they could catch the ball....

But glad they didn't! We would have to hear how Smith is God and that Manuel sucks...

The same could be said of our offense. We win last weekend, if our WRs catch the balls thrown at them or avoid stupid penalties.

Trying to find a link,but I think there is going to be some injury/other fallout for the Jets going into week 3 on D. Wilkerson and Sheldon Richards bothgot hurt at the end, not sure how significant. Milliner got benched in tne secondary. and two of the best OL could get suspended for week 3 for the actions in the fight.

Overall, the Jets are one of those teams that can look really good or really bad. They have a decent L, running game. Their WRs are definitely not special. Geno throws a great deep ball but he needs a clean pocket to do so and is prone to INTs. The Bills should beat them, but with our luck Geno will look like Joe Montana that day and WRs will decide the catch the ball.

Watching the Jets-Pats game made me appreciate the Jets Defense. They were GOOD. Fortunately their Offense is struggling (Geno threw 3 INT's). Still I think Bills have their work cut out for them when they play Jets.

Is it the Jets D? Maybe the Pats aren't that good anymore. Pretty darn nasty weather which made it difficult

To get anything going for both teams offensively, at least in the second half.

Is it the Jets D? Maybe the Pats aren't that good anymore. Pretty darn nasty weather which made it difficult

I agree . I think it's not just the Jets D. Brady doesn't have any good receivers to throw to at this point with the recent loss of Amendola . Makes it hard for the Pats to get anything going .

I agree . I think it's not just the Jets D. Brady doesn't have any good receivers to throw to at this point with the recent loss of Amendola . Makes it hard for the Pats to get anything going .

Gronkowski's gonna have ridiculous numbers when he comes back. Brady has no one to throw too. If Brady didn't have Amendola last week, we win the game.

Watching the Jets-Pats game made me appreciate the Jets Defense. They were GOOD. Fortunately their Offense is struggling (Geno threw 3 INT's). Still I think Bills have their work cut out for them when they play Jets.

I'm not sure how good their D is, I saw about 2 dozen drops by Patriots WR.

i thought that it was more that new england's receivers were not up to the challenge. dobson -- i wouldn't be surprised if he were cut tomorrow, he was not on the same page as brady all night. new england's receiving corps is terribly depleted. if it weren't for edelman, brady would have had one of the worst games of his career.

smith has the arm to make the throws, but i have doubts about whether or not he can be a successful starer in this league. he doesn't look the part, he wasn't even making any of the calls at the line -- the center was.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

i thought that it was more that new england's receivers were not up to the challenge. dobson -- i wouldn't be surprised if he were cut tomorrow, he was not on the same page as brady all night. new england's receiving corps is terribly depleted. if it weren't for edelman, brady would have had one of the worst games of his career.

smith has the arm to make the throws, but i have doubts about whether or not he can be a successful starer in this league. he doesn't look the part, he wasn't even making any of the calls at the line -- the center was.

Not surprising... the Center Mangold is a veteran all-pro center who has been with the Jets his whole career. Geno in his 2nd game, on the road at night in Foxboro. I agree that there is something missing with Geno. I do think he knows a nice deep ball with time and a clean pocket. He also runs pretty well.

Not surprising... the Center Mangold is a veteran all-pro center who has been with the Jets his whole career. Geno in his 2nd game, on the road at night in Foxboro. I agree that there is something missing with Geno. I do think he knows a nice deep ball with time and a clean pocket. He also runs pretty well.

Maybe. He also put way too much air under several throws and had several others that were well behind and underthrown. He was very inconsistent and lacked accuracy. I thought he might run more than he did, so he didn't really distinguish himself in that dimension last night.

Fully agree here. Not sure the weather played a huge factor but the Pats* receivers were running the wrong routes, dropping perfectly placed balls. If they had 2 decent receivers Pats win big IMO

Geno was terrible last night... even before the 3 picks, he missed a wide open TD early on and took too many sacks.. I will say that the team around him blows though.

His best passes were him staring at 1 guy with a clean pocket around him so he could step into it...

Maybe. He also put way too much air under several throws and had several others that were well behind and underthrown. He was very inconsistent and lacked accuracy. I thought he might run more than he did, so he didn't really distinguish himself in that dimension last night.

Someone on Twitter said "the Jets got the Family Dollar version of Cam Newton." I thought that was pretty spot on, LOL.

The Jets WRs had no separation. Holmes was decent but teams can key on him and that leaves Gates and Hill who are pretty bad. I thought Ivory and Powell were doing pretty well and have no idea why the Jets went away from their running game when it appeared to be working. Especially with the weather and to take some pressure off of Geno in the 4th.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Someone on Twitter said "the Jets got the Family Dollar version of Cam Newton." I thought that was pretty spot on, LOL.

:lol:

The Jets WRs had no separation. Holmes was decent but teams can key on him and that leaves Gates and Hill who are pretty bad. I thought Ivory and Powell were doing pretty well and have no idea why the Jets went away from their running game when it appeared to be working. Especially with the weather and to take some pressure off of Geno in the 4th.

I agree that the Jets WRs were really, really bad. Irvin said after the game that he'd go all Jimmy Johnson and cut Gates in the locker room. :lol: Yeah, it was ugly.

I think Jets win if they could catch the ball....

But glad they didn't! We would have to hear how Smith is God and that Manuel sucks...

Geno can not play when the weather is bad. He showed it vs Syracuse in bowl game and his picks last night were VERY underthrown. Mayock is by far the best guy in booth to break down plays and how Geno missed his #1 read in 1st half in Hill over the middle when Jets put their first good drive together and Geno got happy feet for no reason, no pressure yet and rolled out when Hill was in slot and got over middle and safety didnt pick him up, Geno had the easiest TD pass of his life and missed the read and ended up throwing ball someone else for incompletion. They settled for FG.

EJ is by far a better prospect and will be far superior in red zone. EJ threw 2 beautiful TD's in red zone vs same D last week and did not look fazed at all out there. Geno has all the talent in world, i;ve watched almost all of his college games. His offense was a very easy 1 to run and put up huge numbers. EJ is much better suited for NFL and once they open up playbook a little more for him, i think we will be good enough to compete for a playoff spot this yr.

This week and next week are crucial games. We MUST hold our own at home and beat Carolina and be able to stop a mobile QB. We have had trouble with mobile QB;s and Cam worries me, but i also think they will turn it over a few times. If EJ can play mistake free football we win this game and then we get a big matchup with Jets and prove why EJ was better pick that Geno!

Cuz Morningweig LOVES to throw. Even though his QB was underthrowing pass after pass and when he did hit WR's they were dropping like crazy. Gates should be cut the second Kerley is healthy cuz he was filling in for his role in the O.

Overall, the Jets are one of those teams that can look really good or really bad. They have a decent L, running game. Their WRs are definitely not special. Geno throws a great deep ball but he needs a clean pocket to do so and is prone to INTs. The Bills should beat them, but with our luck Geno will look like Joe Montana that day and WRs will decide the catch the ball.

I was pretty impressed with Geno until the end, except for his deep throws. He looked better than I expected... until the end.

I saw it how you did. I didn't think the Jets defense was great, and said to myself: "it was Pettine who was aggressive, not Rex!" I liked their run defense better, but our scheme, and even the coverage by our young guys better.

Oh, I thnik he's good enough at staring!

I'm so glad Geno isn't on the Bills. I just don't like the guy!

Gronkowski's gonna have ridiculous numbers when he comes back. Brady has no one to throw too. If Brady didn't have Amendola last week, we win the game.

Last night really did illustrate how much they need Amendola right now. They struggled enough against the Bills WITH him, and they were clearly desperate for him last night.

I agree that the Jets WRs were really, really bad. Irvin said after the game that he'd go all Jimmy Johnson and cut Gates in the locker room. :lol: Yeah, it was ugly.

Except for that one sideline catch by Holmes - got to give him that - it was nice.

It could take him a while to be healthy enough to do anything,

I was very underwhelmed with Geno last night. Almost all of his throws were behind the receivers or underthrown. To me he looked like Fitzpatrick out there, you never knew if it was going to be a good throw or not, even with the receiver wide open.