Coaching lost this game for the Jets

duey

Each time the Jets got the ball to the 30 or so on both field goal drives, the play calling became ultraconservative, gaining little to no yardage each time. You think they would have learned from the first miss, and be a bit more aggressive with their second opportunity.

It's easy to blame the kicker, but the true blame lies with the ball-less offensive coordinator and the head coach of the New York Jets. Sure, Norwood missed wide right from 47, but had Marv pulled his head out of his ass at halftime and recognized that Thurman was getting 7 yds a carry, Norwood would have been in the position to miss that kick. Same with the Jets today...continue to move the ball as you had to get into (barely) fieldgoal range, and you would have won the game.

Wrong!! The offense of the Jets couldnt move the ball all day against the Steelers' Defense.

Kicking lost the game.

206838[/snapback]

That's the easy way of looking at it. The Jets had the ball at the Pittsburgh 26 with about 1:20 left and they had all three timeouts. They settled for a 43-yard field goal. Not many kickers have made a kick from that distance in that stadium, especially a visiting kicker in that pressure situation. I thought the coaching got way too conservative and my guess is that Jets' fans will agree.

That's the easy way of looking at it. The Jets had the ball at the Pittsburgh 26 with about 1:20 left and they had all three timeouts. They settled for a 43-yard field goal. Not many kickers have made a kick from that distance in that stadium, especially a visiting kicker in that pressure situation. I thought the coaching got way too conservative and my guess is that Jets' fans will agree.

206846[/snapback]

Thanks. That is exactly my point. They had the time in both cases to try to get closer, but decided to dick around with overly conservative running plays. No balls = no win.