Just sent an email to the Bills voicing my displeasure

JÂy RÛßeÒ

So last week I got an email from the Bills about "Season Ticket Member Renewal Rewards". This is a program for rewarding early renewal of season tickets. It said I had been given a randomly selected login time of today (9/12) at 11 AM.

I talked to season ticket holders around me at the opener (none of whom have had their tickets as long as I have) about this, and they had already gotten to pick their rewards. I asked what kinds of things they had to pick from and they said things like on-field experiences, stadium tours, stuff like that. That sounded pretty cool. Well I logged in today and my options were a CJ Spiller poster or a yearbook.

Am I wrong to think that long-term support should count for something? I've been a season ticket holder for 27 years now. The only perk I've seen is priority in seat-relocation and I like where I sit and who sits around me. I think every other thing gives club seat holders priority (if not exclusive access) regardless of seniority.

Grrrrrrrr

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So last week I got an email from the Bills about "Season Ticket Member Renewal Rewards". This is a program for rewarding early renewal of season tickets. It said I had been given a randomly selected login time of today (9/12) at 11 AM.

I talked to season ticket holders around me at the opener (none of whom have had their tickets as long as I have) about this, and they had already gotten to pick their rewards. I asked what kinds of things they had to pick from and they said things like on-field experiences, stadium tours, stuff like that. That sounded pretty cool. Well I logged in today and my options were a CJ Spiller poster or a yearbook.

Am I wrong to think that long-term support should count for something? I've been a season ticket holder for 27 years now. The only perk I've seen is priority in seat-relocation and I like where I sit and who sits around me. I think every other thing gives club seat holders priority (if not exclusive access) regardless of seniority.

Grrrrrrrr

I had the same options available (poster or yearbook) and I am a Club Seat holder. I did check out the site before my day to login, which was listed as Tuesday, and at that time it was down to the poster, yearbook, media guide, and a HOF picture. Talking with another regular season ticket holder at the Tailgate this past weekend, they had a later date like you, but were able to go in and select the better rewards earlier and checkout, even though it was not their day/time to do so. I also sent an email to the Bills voicing my displeasure. As I said before, I'm "paying for the privilege" of having extras by getting club seats, so seeing two cheap options is not a special reward. Team yearbooks are $10 at the Bills store, I'm guessing the poster is about the same price. Who did you email, I sent mine to the generic guest services account listed on the rewards page. Let me know if you hear anything back, for me it's been two days and nothing. I may email my ticket rep and see if I get a faster answer. Or maybe one of the Bills employees who frequent the site (yes, I know you're there, you've told me you check out the site to see what's on our minds) will speak up.

I had the same options available (poster or yearbook) and I am a Club Seat holder. I did check out the site before my day to login, which was listed as Tuesday, and at that time it was down to the poster, yearbook, media guide, and a HOF picture. Talking with another regular season ticket holder at the Tailgate this past weekend, they had a later date like you, but were able to go in and select the better rewards earlier and checkout, even though it was not their day/time to do so. I also sent an email to the Bills voicing my displeasure. As I said before, I'm "paying for the privilege" of having extras by getting club seats, so seeing two cheap options is not a special reward. Team yearbooks are $10 at the Bills store, I'm guessing the poster is about the same price. Who did you email, I sent mine to the generic guest services account listed on the rewards page. Let me know if you hear anything back, for me it's been two days and nothing. I may email my ticket rep and see if I get a faster answer. Or maybe one of the Bills employees who frequent the site (yes, I know you're there, you've told me you check out the site to see what's on our minds) will speak up.

Jack I sent mine to Pat Mathews (Senior Mgr of Customer Relation), whose name was on the letter (Mathews, Pat <Pat.Mathews@bills.nfl.net>. He left me a voicemail and a return email almost immediately, but I have yet to call him back.

If you get to choose a better reward, and do the on-field, pre-game passes, once you get down to the field, go to the Bills side, scoreboard end. That's where most of the warm-ups are done by the team.

Yep that's right in front of my seats.

I got to do the "VIP" tour of the stadium, and Jay it made me question it as well. I've had my season tickets for 6 years now and my selection date was 9/4. I was surprised by this as I know that 6 years keeps me pretty low on the seniority list. Let us know how it plays out for you.

On a side note, I will say the Bills do respond quick. I had an issue with a fan near us, sent an email and within an hour my season ticket rep was calling me to see what was happening.

in addition to the ones already mentioned:

jills come to your home or office.

a photo op at bills logo middle of field.

in studio for the john murphy radio show.

birthday party in a suite.

$40 gift card towards bills apparel.

I'm in.

You would think this would be done based on where your seats are located. the more expensive seats get the better options, the cheap nose bleed 300 level seats get teh posters/yearbooks. Sounds like they based your selection dates on something more random

That's what the letter said... "randomly selected activation date/time for that passcode". I think the issue is, is that the website they were using http://www.shopify.com/ allowed you to select and claim any reward, even if your selected day/time had not arrived yet.