Injuries are a necessity for the young Bills

MClem06

Although you never want to see your starters go down, Injury for a young team like the Bills helps build depth. It's exactly what we're finding out right now with the CB situation. We have young unproven corners in Robey and Burton as well as Rogers who impressed last week but hadn't impressed prior. Having these guys on the field is just going to make the team more experienced for when we are ready for that playoff run in 2 -3 years some say even next year. Same could be said for the offensive line and WR core. As long as the injurys are minor (2 -4 games), it's going to make our team better in the long run and I think it is essential to build depth on this team we can rely on WHEN we get to the big games and players go down. It was great to see EJ in the first game come back from the knee surgery but he came out recently and said it was sore this week. We still lost, we could have played Tuel to be safe. I don't think it was the wrong move to start EJ but we as fans would not have questioned the coaching staff if they held him out of that game and gave the ball to Tuel to see what he could do. Again, not that Tuel would be the future of the franchise if we beat NE with him but at least real game experience would have benefited him if we ever do go into the homefield stretch and needed him to step in and score points. The Bills should look at the RG3 situation that happened in Washington last year and be careful on analyzing how EJ's knee is doing. I know , Totally different injuries Major to Minor, but reinjuring anything that you had surgery on can take you twice as long to come back from. Can you think of some players we found were diamonds in the rough by stepping up when others were injured in previous years?

Edited by MClem06

Obviously you aren't guaranteed to find gems but I do think it's imperative to strengthen the back up positions finding out who works better in live situations. Being as young as we are it's only going to help the coaching staff understand who can play when it matters not just who looks good in practice on the field.

Edited by MClem06

If this were true then we should be the greatest team ever by now. We have mass injuries every year.

Not true because the prior regimes did not prepare their backups to think about being starters and did not coach them up. They were still back ups on the field. I think that is a key difference between the current staff and prior staff. Gailey did not even attempt to play Jackson or Thigpen in the season final when we were already out of the playoff race. At least he could have seen what they were capable.

You have to be objective in reading the title and I explain what I meant in my post by it. I don't think that people are confused about the title but if Im wrong please feel free to tell me I'm an idiot like so many people enjoy doing on this site. :doh: I always felt that it should be mandatory in the NFL to use the same surface for every team. This way no one has an excuse or feels its a competitive advantage or disadvantage to play for one ball club or another.

Edited by MClem06

You have to be objective in reading the title and I explain what I meant in my post by it. I don't think that people are confused about the title but if Im wrong please feel free to tell me I'm an idiot like so many people enjoy doing on this site. :doh: I always felt that it should be mandatory in the NFL to use the same surface for every team. This way no one has an excuse or feels its a competitive advantage or disadvantage to play for one ball club or another.

Actually, it was the oddness of the title that compelled me to click on it. After reading your post, I don't really agree with your premise or most of your statements. And, did Burton even play?

injuries are not a good thing here. they are interrupting the development of our young and most talented players in order to get a look at other guys. if getting the backups live game reps was worth pulling a starter off the field coaches would do it without injury. can you find a silver lining in anything, sure. is the benefit worth it here? nope.