Is it normal for routers to crap out this often?

PromoTheRobot

What about the computer's WiFi card? There are two sides of the equation? I mentioned how I can only get mine to work w/unencrpted data... I think it works better. Have you pressed the sync button... I don't know too much about this but, I can't get mine to connect any other way...

Yep, I checked and wifi card is working fine, all drivers are up to date. It is Windows 7, and I amended registry. Unplugged, resynced, changed every setting in 192.168.0.1 . I am stumped. Brand new router and a 6 month old computer too Edited by Pete

Yep, I checked and wifi card is working fine, all drivers are up to date. It is Windows 7, and I amended registry. Unplugged, resynced, changed every setting in 192.168.0.1 . I am stumped. Brand new router and a 6 month old computer too

Wow... Good luck! Maybe interference? Dead spot? Structural coupled with the computer/modem/router make-up? I noticed my FM radio in the control house @ work gets all scratchy when my phone (Android/Verizon) is near... All this radio stuff gets you wondering. Same thing on the river with the VHF marine band radio... Just inexplicable dead spots! Especially @ certain bends in the river. I think the radio waves just skip over places and leave dead spots...?? Years ago, some whacko was on a hand held giving out death/bomb threats... Saying he was going to bomb the USCG Station, shoot pilothouses out of the towboats, etc... Both us @ work and the Coast Guard got HUGE antennas but, sometimes we would hear it, other times they would... Atmopsherics? How did the wacko know? Really aggravating to say the least!

Yep, I checked and wifi card is working fine, all drivers are up to date. It is Windows 7, and I amended registry. Unplugged, resynced, changed every setting in 192.168.0.1 . I am stumped. Brand new router and a 6 month old computer too

Do you have a USB 3.0 device near your wireless card? USB 3.0 can cause interference with the 2.4GHz wireless band.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz