Question about transporting a car from one state to another

ChevyVanMiller

See how much it would cost to have it transported up here. My brother is a car hauler... He worked as a teamster for the companies before he got laid off in 2008 and never got called back...SO he took a job w/a company hauling cars around... Usually he takes old beaters from Canada to Baltimore where they are loaded and sent to Africa... YES, Africa. Anway, this time of the year, he handles "snowbirds" moving thier cars back and forth from the south. What I am saying is that they are heading down there loaded and will return with a light load... You may get a deal! I will Look into it if you want. I don't know the name of the company but, they are on Transit I think? By the old LTV Steel? I will ask him... It might be cheaper for you to have it transported than one-way airfare, and gas, wear and tear on the way back north...

If you want I will text him for the name of the company... Honestly, it may be cheaper since you will have the car with a group of others. If you mind me asking? What part of FLA?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My father-in-law passed away and his car is in Florida. I plan to fly down and drive it back to NY. Has anyone ever done this? What do I need to do to get temporary registration (in FL or NY???) and can my insurance company give me temporary insurance for the trip?

Thanks for any advice.

I have a friend who has his corvette sent down and back from Largo every year on a train. No hassle and less than gas, lodging, plus no miles put on it. Try googling for companies that do this.

I think in Illinois you would have a rider on your insurance... Isn't there a poster here that is a insurance agent from NYS?

I have a friend who has his corvette sent down and back from Largo every year on a train. No hassle and less than gas, lodging, plus no miles put on it. Try googling for companies that do this.

My brother just texted me back... His company will do it for $850.00 ONE WAY.

Online Auto Connection: (716)675-0424

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I think in Illinois you would have a rider on your insurance... Isn't there a poster here that is a insurance agent from NYS?

My brother just texted me back... His company will do it for $850.00 ONE WAY.

Online Auto Connection: (716)675-0424

Thanks for the info. I'll give him a ring.

Oh, the car is in Punta Gorda.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

No problem... I don't know how much the trip will cost you and what kinda mileage the FiL's car gets... BUT wear and tear may be an issue too... 850 doesn't sound bad and they might be able to haggle...

Oh... I don't want to spoil a mini-vacation if you had your heart's set on it! ;-) ;-)

Just figure I would throw it out there!

1. See how much it would cost to have it transported up here. My brother is a car hauler... He worked as a teamster for the companies before he got laid off in 2008 and never got called back...SO he took a job w/a company hauling cars around... Usually he takes old beaters from Canada to Baltimore where they are loaded and sent to Africa Russia... YES, Africa Russia. Anway, this time of the year, he handles "snowbirds" moving thier cars back and forth from the south. What I am saying is that they are heading down there loaded and will return with a light load... You may get a deal! I will Look into it if you want. I don't know the name of the company but, they are on Transit I think? By the old LTV Steel? I will ask him... It might be cheaper for you to have it transported than one-way airfare, and gas, wear and tear on the way back north...

If you want I will text him for the name of the company... Honestly, it may be cheaper since you will have the car with a group of others. If you mind me asking? What part of FLA?

Oh, and this is offensive and NSFW. Sorry. I watched it again after I posted. :blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwV6zOewCXA

I have friends who want to move there in the worst way. He wants to buy a big sailboat and spend his time sailing.

I told him it means Fat Whore.

He didn't mind.

Edited by Nanker