iphone 5s

Pete

I'm an "Apple guy" and while I planned to upgrade to the new 5s, I wasn't concerned about getting it on the first day or anything. I've never stood in a line for a phone and don't intend to start now. The fact they didn't allow pre-orders this time led me to believe the lines would be long, so I'd just order one and wait a few weeks.

So this morning, I'm on my way to work and decide to drive by the AT&T store just to see if there's a line. There are about 30 people lined up around the store and I think to myself, "glad I'm not doing that." Then, I'm driving by a strip mall with a Best Buy and on a whim, I drive past the entrance. There's nobody in the parking lot and the store almost looks as if it's closed. I see an employee and I roll my window down:

"Are you guys selling the new iPhone today?"

"Yes."

"Are you open now?"

"Yes."

I park, walk in the door, and walk out with my new 32GB iPhone 5s in about 10 minutes.

Crazy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an "Apple guy" and while I planned to upgrade to the new 5s, I wasn't concerned about getting it on the first day or anything. I've never stood in a line for a phone and don't intend to start now. The fact they didn't allow pre-orders this time led me to believe the lines would be long, so I'd just order one and wait a few weeks.

So this morning, I'm on my way to work and decide to drive by the AT&T store just to see if there's a line. There are about 30 people lined up around the store and I think to myself, "glad I'm not doing that." Then, I'm driving by a strip mall with a Best Buy and on a whim, I drive past the entrance. There's nobody in the parking lot and the store almost looks as if it's closed. I see an employee and I roll my window down:

"Are you guys selling the new iPhone today?"

"Yes."

"Are you open now?"

"Yes."

I park, walk in the door, and walk out with my new 32GB iPhone 5s in about 10 minutes.

Crazy.

Same thing was reported at the mall here, Apple had the largest line, Verizon/AT&T decent amount of people, Best Buy had no one waiting.

Same thing was reported at the mall here, Apple had the largest line, Verizon/AT&T decent amount of people, Best Buy had no one waiting.

Could be because nobody goes to best buy anymore.

Or Circuit City. Or The Wiz. Or Ultimate Electronics. Or Silo. Or Lechmere.

Sad to say, they've become the showrooms for Amazon.com.

I had an iP4, Wifey had an iP4s (Apple upgraded her iP4 when the battery went kerploopzie). We upgraded to iP5 at the same time and sold our old phones to Verizon because (at least with our plan) they did away with the 2 year waiting period to buy a new phone. The iP5 is a screamer. The new iP5s is twice as fast, but I don't feel at all compelled to buy one.

AJ - Here's an article that compares the older versions: iP4, iP4s, and iP5 (bigger, faster, lighter, slimmer).

My 2 year agreement is up in February and this will also be the end of my unlimited data plan. I know I can pay retail price for a new phone or just keep my gnex and just let the account roll over but I don't wanna pay $5-600 for the newest droid phone...maybe I'll try and call Verizon to see what I can do...

Call Verizon... Please. Please.

Often times you can talk to them about the phones, ask information, and usually even pull off getting a deal. "I really like the iPhone but it is pricey compared to the other one I like..." blablabla, use that line, ask if they can give you any type of discount for being a long timer. Even throw in at some point early that you like the Samsung Galaxy s4 Active....then ask if they have it. They'll say no. Say you want to check that one out. I have saved quite a bit of money doing this and it takes only minutes.

Plus, I promise you, your unlimited data is still available.

I'm sorry EiI. I laughed out loud at meazza's post. I really did.

No problem! They (wife, children) say basically the same thing: "Dear God! We got you for a father/husband!"

I just do what I gotta do... I power through!

;-P

Dear God you have children???

:P

Scary ain't it... My son is 15 and daughter 11... I remember when you were trying to get in the pants of 14 years olds! They have been warned about guys like you! Has it been that long?

J/K... All in good nature... :-P :-P