CJ Spiller......official count up to 2,000 rushing yards thread

BADOLBILZ

The All 22 footage showed that he missed multiple holes on Sunday. Hopefully it's something that is correctable, and he can get back on track.

I couldn't care less if he gets 2000 yards though. I want to see him be productive and healthy. I'd rather us keep up a healthy rotation between him and Jackson, vs trying to put it all on him.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, your posts and shouts are some of the most ridiculous I see...I will bet you any amount of money you want or any type of wager you like that CJ will exceed 800 yards and he will ALSO exceed 2 TD's (assuming no serious injuries). Seriously, you name any wager you want...legit wager...I will take the over.

My guess, you wont take that because you just like to troll

The joke.

Your head.

Did the thread title or original post change or am I missing something here?

Without personal history to add perspective on this thread, it looks like a basic count up to 2000 thread. I actually thought it was an optimists thread in regards to Spiller in that the OP believes that this game was an aberration and the numbers will get back on track as the weeks progress.....at least that's how I'm looking at it now.

Go CJ!!! :)

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Op started a thread and gave the stat line.

2000-41 = 1959 to go.

Op could have been trying to be a d***k, or maybe he wanted a simple count down thread. No benefit of a doubt here??

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Op started a thread and gave the stat line.

2000-41 = 1959 to go.

Op could have been trying to be a d***k, or maybe he wanted a simple count down thread. No benefit of a doubt here??

This began in another thread about Spiller from 7-10 days ago. Badol's position is clear - he thinks that people who think Spiller has any chance of getting to 2K are foolish.

I just did a little analysis of Spiller, who as everyone knows can be a boom/bust player. From the final 3 games of 2011 through the first 15 games of 2012 -- 18 games total -- he had 224 carries for 1447 yards. That's an astounding 6.46 ypc over a continuous stretch that is longer than one season. Still, he tends not to run a ton, so I think it'll be hard for him to even get to 1500. When he does run a lot - 25 carries or so, teams tend to shut him down a bit. In the final game of last season against the Jets, he ran it 24 times for 59 yards. Granted, he had 2 catches for 72 yards in that game, and the passes were dumpoff/screens that functioned as long running plays. He averaged a very strong 5 yards per touch (26 touches for 131 yards).

Edited by dave mcbride

Let's look at Fred's YPA and CJ's YPA, then we'll talk facts.

Is this a joke too?

Look Freddy had a better day. I'm happy about that. I said in the shoutbox yesterday there will be days where Freddy excels and others where CJ does.

That said the bills ran the ball much better Sunday then the titans. That's all that was pointed out.

Is this a joke too?

Look Freddy had a better day. I'm happy about that. I said in the shoutbox yesterday there will be days where Freddy excels and others where CJ does.

That said the bills ran the ball much better Sunday then the titans. That's all that was pointed out.

This is a CJ Spiller thread, not a Bills vs. Titans thread. You pointed out the Bills ran better than the Titans, who had Levitre. Except Levitre has been ranked as a below average run blocker his entire career. And that blaming the "loss" of a mediocre run blocking on Spiller's lack of success, but ignoring the fact that Fred was running circles without the guy is ridiculous.

CJ will be fine, does he sniff 2k this year, no, but with his character, work ethic and talent, I would not be

surprised if he does come close soon. This year is not out of the question either. The blocking schemes

will improve, and I am hoping that Hackett does not abandon the screen play that worked so effectively

the last couple of years, the screens get him in to the flow of the game nicely and the running follows

Suit. Get him in space early in games!

If he gained 171 yards, you probably would have started a thread saying that it was only one game and we shouldn't really count it as indicative of what is to come. ;)

Now, granted, I don't think he is going to come close to 2000 yards either. But seriously, why start this thread?

My apologies for speaking for Badol. But as I recall, that thread not only involved 2,000 yards, but also the hall of fame.

On this board, early first round draft picks are given a ton of room. Almost every poster here is a fanatic who invests WAY too much into this football team. Obviously, I am a member of this club. But the team is losing football games.

Both of us know that Badol watches, analyzes and tapes college games. We talked about it at RWS. Badol knows a lot about players before they get here. He also has pointed out just how stupid it is for a team to use it's best resources on RBs and DBs, especially in this new league.

This board is great. But if the day ever comes where one must wave pom-poms, it will suck. Badol made a point, and imo it is one which is correct. We all make mistakes but in terms of Badol, being correct about this team is par for the course. And I think that you know this too.

My apologies for speaking for Badol. But as I recall, that thread not only involved 2,000 yards, but also the hall of fame.

On this board, early first round draft picks are given a ton of room. Almost every poster here is a fanatic who invests WAY too much into this football team. Obviously, I am a member of this club. But the team is losing football games.

Both of us know that Badol watches, analyzes and tapes college games. We talked about it at RWS. Badol knows a lot about players before they get here. He also has pointed out just how stupid it is for a team to use it's best resources on RBs and DBs, especially in this new league.

This board is great. But if the day ever comes where one must wave pom-poms, it will suck. Badol made a point, and imo it is one which is correct. We all make mistakes but in terms of Badol, being correct about this team is par for the course. And I think that you know this too.

He's probably my favorite all time poster, with apologies to Hogboy and spearing contests. But he has been a little more ornery and bitchy lately, IMO. ;)

This is a CJ Spiller thread, not a Bills vs. Titans thread. You pointed out the Bills ran better than the Titans, who had Levitre. Except Levitre has been ranked as a below average run blocker his entire career. And that blaming the "loss" of a mediocre run blocking on Spiller's lack of success, but ignoring the fact that Fred was running circles without the guy is ridiculous.

The Bills/Titans part of this thread stemmed from a poster essentially saying that CJ's bad production was due to Levitre leaving. You are attacking a poster who disagreed with this concept.

At same point, and I'm just making a point here, someone like yourself was calling Spiller a bust after 1 season. It goes both ways. The 49ers, maybe the best organization in the NFL, drafted a 1st round wr who never had a catch and traded him for another bust. Mistakes happen.

And it's all in the delivery. Badol constantly calls out posters and basically comes across a huge richard. I guess it's cool but it rubs people the wrong way. I've had plenty of disagreements with you but I respect you as a poster because it never becomes personal.

The Bills have been garbage for over a decade. There's no denying that. BUT IMO, there are posters who seem to thrive in the misery. Some people would rather be right than see the Bills or a player succeed. Again as someone mentioned, if Spiller had the game he had against the Jets in the opener, does this thread get started?

This thread is both about optimism and reality. I am all for seeing CJ Spiller rush for 2,000 yards and go to the Hall of Fame one day. It is an opportunity for a countup to a great year.

Do I personally think it will happen? No. I've detailed the reasons why and they are just things that always manifest themselves with CJ in his 7 years at Clemson and in the pros. One that popped up this week is his lack of smarts. Does that make him a bad guy? Of course not. But he continues to struggle with the mental aspect of the game and that costs him not only yardage, but opportunities. Beyond the fact that he admitted that he wasn't following his blockers......which is kind of ridiculous for a 4th year NFL RB......he was also being pulled for pass protection reasons. Not smart enough equals less yards and less touches. I don't care if you average 6 ypc, you still need 21 carries per game to get to 2,000 at that rate. The Bills ran the ball A LOT last Sunday, but CJ only got 17 carries.

Additionally, there is the issue of a change in offensive philosophy. With the Bills changing from an offense that speads a defense horizontally out to an offense that attempts to stretch vertically......the lanes are going to be tighter. There are still opportunities, but they might not come as easy and it might require the synapses to fire just a bit faster.

This thread is both about optimism and reality. I am all for seeing CJ Spiller rush for 2,000 yards and go to the Hall of Fame one day. It is an opportunity for a countup to a great year.

Do I personally think it will happen? No. I've detailed the reasons why and they are just things that always manifest themselves with CJ in his 7 years at Clemson and in the pros. One that popped up this week is his lack of smarts. Does that make him a bad guy? Of course not. But he continues to struggle with the mental aspect of the game and that costs him not only yardage, but opportunities. Beyond the fact that he admitted that he wasn't following his blockers......which is kind of ridiculous for a 4th year NFL RB......he was also being pulled for pass protection reasons. Not smart enough equals less yards and less touches. I don't care if you average 6 ypc, you still need 21 carries per game to get to 2,000 at that rate. The Bills ran the ball A LOT last Sunday, but CJ only got 17 carries.

Additionally, there is the issue of a change in offensive philosophy. With the Bills changing from an offense that speads a defense horizontally out to an offense that attempts to stretch vertically......the lanes are going to be tighter. There are still opportunities, but they might not come as easy and it might require the synapses to fire just a bit faster.

Can you please explain how he struggles with the mental part of the game? No one was saying that last year when he was torching defenses. I just dont get it, kid has one bad game and now all these alleged problems come up from you and other posters that have not been true.

Lets play fact or fiction with some of the gibberish claims:

1. CJ is a fumble risk: FIction - he has never had more than 2 in a season where Fred has doubled CJ's fumbles 3 times since CJ has been on the team.

2. CJ cant hit the hole: Fiction - He exploded through holes, up the middle too, all last year. HIs on field vision went to a different level last year.

3. He cant stay healthy and handle full time job: Fiction - He has never had a serious injury and missed very little time since being in Buffalo and missed no times as the featured back when Freddy went down AGAIN last year.

4. He cant get to 2000 yards: Fiction - If he would have had the same number of carries as AP last year, not only would he had gone over 2000 yards, but at his pace he would have broke the single season rushing record. Is he going to get to 2000 yards? Who knows, but to say he can't do it like so many peopls want to say after one game is absurd.

And very few people are even willing to take into considertion the immense family tragedy he is coming off of. Football players are human too, and to see so many haters just wanting to pile on this guy and give him no respect for what he just went through is pathetic. As a fan base, they should be rallying around this guy, lifting his spirits, and letting him know we got his back and know he will be a major part of this team. But instead, all these irrational, emotionaly dramatic, drama queens we call fans wanna piss all over our best player on the offense, and one of the best on the team because he struggled one game after a huge tragedy in his life where he missed time with offense leading up to the game.

Cant wait to watch the pathetic flip flopping by so many ridiculous posters when he has a big week.

Edited by Alphadawg7