Thank you WNY and TBD

boyst

Thank you Western New York and Two Bills Drive for...

...your beautiful scenery both green and rusted. Whether riding around the rural farmlands or the remnants of Buffalo, you are beautiful.

...your small canal towns and history woven in to all aspects. From Rochester to Niagara Falls, the Ridge Road drive was beautiful.

...that keeping every road in Brockport just off center from lining up. My girlfriend did not understand it when I told her about it but laughed when she saw it.

...maybe it is mostly for Brockport here, but thank you for honoring my family - my great grandpa - at the fire station. (He passed in the 70's, and was transported by firetruck to the cemetery).

...my family that is still there and has a beautiful farm just outside of Brockport that took the time to hang out with me.

...the farmers market in Rochester hiding in the ghetto. That place was awesome, and you WNY'ers have a real treasure. My cousins farm is lucky just to be one of the hundreds there. The "Wine Tasting" guy is hilarious!!! The cheese place was very neat, but too busy to get anything. There was no grassfed beef, there, though.

...apples. There are no apples like a WNY apple.

...all of your food. Unfortunately, Kelly didn't get to try a garbage plate since we were running around so much, so fast - she did get to enjoy so much more! She refused a bite of my weck.

...all of your silly laws which only let you have 7 bullets in a gun you cannot even own but have to register, and the cops who technically can't carry a gun.

...thank you to the moderators letting me stick around at least another day to post something ridiculous like that.

...thank you to the member who got us the tickets!

...thank you to everyone who met up at Danny's the night before! Kelly and I were drained but it was so great to finally see all of you.

...thank you to Mattlock marathons, for which Beerball had the perfect excuse on why he missed Danny's. (also, thanks to Scott who came up with that line)

...thank you to Hammer who ensured that I could get out of there ASAP.

...thank you to everyone who pitched in to bring food and beer for everyone to swap. There were some great beers and some amazing food. (see below my dinner on the road, Meads Stromboli)

IZEG4Pk.jpg..

...thank you for moonshine.

...thank you to everyone for great company, great laughs, and a great community that we share!

No matter what the score said, it is like I told Kelly and the mass text to everyone. The game did not reflect the score that day, because the fun we had could not be put on a scoreboard. It is unfortunate we lost, but we won so many new friends. I hope everyone got some of the beers I left that I had brought from Carolina. Mead had a bunch of beef I had brought up for burgers for games, whether yesterday or in the future! We hope to be back this year for another game, but will not miss next years opener!

I am sorry I could not stick around to say goodbye to everyone. We stayed just long enough to see the last play and the whistle, yelled bye to Thurmal and Beerball, and I grabbed Kelly and literally ran to the truck. We made the truck by 4:30 and were gone like that.

Western New York, you are a an amazing place. Go Bills!

She refused a bite of my weck.

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you get lucky next time.

...thank you to Mattlock marathons, for which Beerball had the perfect excuse on why he missed Danny's. (also, thanks to Scott who came up with that line)

that's not funny

I forgot to thank Wawrow, whom I probably took up way too much of his time. What a great dude, the shades and sport coat...dudes just as hip as you'd expect!

You're welcome. It was nothing, really...

Many of us spoke about you. And, for those that wondered if DC Tom does exist, one of this boards very members has met him. Turns out Tom is actually a charitable guy, too.

:lol: your name came up. Can't remember why, but it came up.

Oh, yeah. One time was who do we most need to get here. Simon, DC Tom, BuffaloBill, many others.

Another time was talking about who's got the most posts.

And, yet, another, was when MRags talked about getting warning points and what they actually mean. Someone said Tom has about 400 of them, so clearly, they meant nothing.

Many of us spoke about you. And, for those that wondered if DC Tom does exist, one of this boards very members has met him. Turns out Tom is actually a charitable guy, too.

He lied.

You know, it is truly amazing how often today people have tried to ruin my well-earned "heartless bastard" rep. I work hard on that image, dammit!

And, yet, another, was when MRags talked about getting warning points and what they actually mean. Someone said Tom has about 400 of them, so clearly, they meant nothing.

You're an idiot.

(401. Totally meaningless.)

Great recap!

This reminds me of my trip in 2010 except for Aussiew driving me over to the Canadian side of the Falls

the Monday after.

Funny moment when reentering the USA. the guard asked where my home town Arlington was.

Aussiew told him near Dallas....he goes.."no wonder we lost"!!

wawrow is cool! Even knew my hometown Fort Worth had

good barbecue. He survived me..he will survive you too!

Huge regrets I was not there!

I will be there next year!

Oh, yeah. One time was who do we most need to get here. Simon, DC Tom, BuffaloBill, many others.

Yep I've got to quit saying "I need to get to the opener". My college roomie asked me to make a game this year so I will be in town to catch a game with him.

Shhhhhh!! Don't let all the damn secrets out.