A Fan falls to his death in San Francisco

26CornerBlitz

I wonder if it will lead to further NFL crackdown on drinking within the stadiums. Long gone are the days where legend has it that fans drug kegs into war memorial (before my time but I have heard from witnesses).

Probably will not matter much with many fans consumption of alcohol at pregame tailgates.

I wonder if it will lead to further NFL crackdown on drinking within the stadiums. Long gone are the days where legend has it that fans drug kegs into war memorial (before my time but I have heard from witnesses).

. Beer balls at rich stadium one time

The reset of us shouldn't be locked down just because some morons can't behave. This is just part of nature cleansing the gene pool.

Never saw a keg there. All the adults brought flasks.

The reset of us shouldn't be locked down just because some morons can't behave. This is just part of nature cleansing the gene pool.

No we shouldn't, but unfortunately we've created a legal system that is strongly incented to do just that. Lawsuits and public pressure stirred up by media scumbags ("Stadium death traps!! News at 11!") will eventually result in more fans being turned away from stadiums for intoxication and further curtailing of alcohol sales.

Didn't the family of the guy who died file a lawsuit?

Yup

And I have said it for years, the tailgate as we know it now will be gone soon with incidents like this happening more and more. It sucks for those who do it responsibly that they have to be penalised for those who are not responsible, but thats how life works. The responsible ones aren't winning lawsuits against the teams, league and stadiums, its the idiots who go to far that are and it costs everyone.

Pretty soon they will crack down and eliminate tailgating on lots outside the stadium and allow only league/team sponsored tailgating where consumption can be monitored closely

2 instances where railings gave way here in Indy this past weekend. At Lucas Oil stadium 2 fans were hurt when the railing gave way while they leaned against it. 5 high school kids suffered injuries when a railing gave way during a football game. Design flaws or installation errors are the most likely reasons. Stadium officials have to reinforce railings just to be safe. Drinking or not, no one deserves to die this way.

Yup

And I have said it for years, the tailgate as we know it now will be gone soon with incidents like this happening more and more. It sucks for those who do it responsibly that they have to be penalised for those who are not responsible, but thats how life works. The responsible ones aren't winning lawsuits against the teams, league and stadiums, its the idiots who go to far that are and it costs everyone.

Pretty soon they will crack down and eliminate tailgating on lots outside the stadium and allow only league/team sponsored tailgating where consumption can be monitored closely

Wouldn't be surprised to see breathalyzers at stadium entrances one of these days.

Never saw a keg there. All the adults brought flasks.

Flasks? We brought those, 6 packs, and fifths of Crown during the super bowl years at Rich. No in plain view of course.

In 66-67 at the rockpile some fans would toss full beers at the players when they were headed for the tunnel after a loss.