The TE position - bring back Scorin Dorin

YoloinOhio

A young QB needs quality TE play. I see it all around the league, even the J-E-T-S drug out Kellen Winslow from the scrap heap and he is making plays for Geno. The Bengals spent two early round picks on TEs who are modeling Gronk & Hernandez (on field that is). Even the Browns have a good one! But EJ is stuck with Chandler? He was horrible yesterday. There has to be another answer.

A young QB needs quality TE play. I see it all around the league, even the J-E-T-S drug out Kellen Winslow from the scrap heap and he is making plays for Geno. The Bengals spent two early round picks on TEs who are modeling Gronk & Hernandez (on field that is). Even the Browns have a good one! But EJ is stuck with Chandler? He was horrible yesterday. There has to be another answer.

And you think that answer is "Scorin" Dorin Dickerson who has yet to record an NFL touchdown? Is that like calling your really fat friend Tiny?

And you think that answer is "Scorin" Dorin Dickerson who has yet to record an NFL touchdown? Is that like calling your really fat friend Tiny?

He's an answer. Probably not the answer. Also, I know it's not what you meant (and it doesn't really count) but he did catch one from EJ in the first preseason game, and I was also hoping they could develop some chemistry together. Chandler sucked yesterday, but since I haven't watched every (or any) practice along with hours and hours of film, I'll defer to the coaching staff to make the right decision.

What's the story with Gragg anyway? Practice Squad? He can't be worse than Chandler.

He's on the active roster, but was a scratch yesterday. I have to assume he's not ready for a big role as a 7th rounder coming in; don't think he brings much to special teams either. I'm sure he'll get the call soon. He does bring something to the table the Chandler and Smith lack---SPEED

Aside from the one drop and maybe a penalty, I don't recall Chandler being bad yesterday. Average maybe, but not bad.

Of course I was at the game, and it can be difficult to evaluate someone without the benefit of being able to see it on TV. Did I miss something in his performance?

Personally, I thought Chandler was one of the worst players on the field yesterday. A complete non-factor, aside from the penalty/drop miscues. The Bills have long-needed a TE threat (a true down-field option). There was a thread relating to this last week. A good TE is a quarterback's best friend...right now Chandler (given what was exhibited yesterday) is not that "friendly" option for Manuel. Dickerson might not be great; but his speed/athleticism combo surpasses both Chandler and Smith. Gragg, to me, is a project better suited for the practice squad.

I have no problem with Chandler's play yesterday. He caught a couple difficult passes over the middle, and missed one easy grab. I would like to see us bring Gragg up to speed though. Smith is really only useful for blocking.

Had two plays called back on Chandler penalties. As a vet he should be setting an example there.

maybe

or maybe activate Roger Dorin?

Dorn? I'd piss on his contract.

Personally, I thought Chandler was one of the worst players on the field yesterday. A complete non-factor, aside from the penalty/drop miscues. The Bills have long-needed a TE threat (a true down-field option). There was a thread relating to this last week. A good TE is a quarterback's best friend...right now Chandler (given what was exhibited yesterday) is not that "friendly" option for Manuel. Dickerson might not be great; but his speed/athleticism combo surpasses both Chandler and Smith. Gragg, to me, is a project better suited for the practice squad.

TE might very well be the Bills 1st round pick next draft. Might want to take two

Really want the kid from Washington. Broke his pinkie so maybe his stock will slip a bit without as much senior season tape.

Why would we want a guy who can't stay healthy???? :D

But in all seriousness, I'd love to see us spend some high picks on TE's. Get a Gronk/V. Davis type to be one of EJ's go to guys

Why would we want a guy who can't stay healthy???? :D

But in all seriousness, I'd love to see us spend some high picks on TE's. Get a Gronk/V. Davis type to be one of EJ's go to guys

Gronk was a guy who couldn't stay healthy - and is a fantastic pick already. If he retires tomorrow he'll have given his team value.