I don't know who I hate more...

Rian Lindell, or the Bills' defense? I gave Lindell somewhat of a pass for having trouble beyond 40 yards because he was good inside of that. Then he misses a HUGE 28-yarder. But then the Bills' vaunted defense allows the Steelers' THIRD STRINGERS to score 6 more points on them. Man I don't know how long this will eat at me. :w00t:

That still doesn't excuse the defense from allowing a 9-minute drive by the 3rd stringers when TOP was virtually the same for both teams prior to that.

Oh and also add the ST's and coaching. The Jets just returned a punt for a TD and noodle-armed Pennington is throwing the ball downfield with success. Really just a HORRIBLE game by everyone involved.

That still doesn't excuse the defense from allowing a 9-minute drive by the 3rd stringers when TOP was virtually the same for both teams prior to that.

Oh and also add the ST's and coaching.  The Jets just returned a punt for a TD and noodle-armed Pennington is throwing the ball downfield with success.  Really just a HORRIBLE game by everyone involved.

206599[/snapback]

I know - I am still in shock over that game. We should be playing right now. That game shocked the entire oganization. Go figure. You can't. AND AT HOME!!!!

Rian Lindell, or the Bills' defense?  I gave Lindell somewhat of a pass for having trouble beyond 40 yards because he was good inside of that.  Then he misses a HUGE 28-yarder.  But then the Bills' vaunted defense allows the Steelers' THIRD STRINGERS to score 6 more points on them.  Man I don't know how long this will eat at me. :w00t:

206582[/snapback]

You forgot Drew...

Bledsoe isn't the only problem with the team and inserting a mobile QB won't be the cure-all people are thinking it will be.  The Bills need a better O-line, a new kicker, and even a defense that can close the deal.  Until then they can easily be a 10 win team, just not a championship one.

206747[/snapback]

Which is ridiculous. Winning the LOmbardi is what it's alla bout and this team is LIGHT-YEARS from the top of the league.

Give them 100 games vs. the Colts, Squeelers, Paytoilets. I suspect they'd lose 95 of them.

Bledsoe isn't the only problem with the team and inserting a mobile QB won't be the cure-all people are thinking it will be.  The Bills need a better O-line, a new kicker, and even a defense that can close the deal.  Until then they can easily be a 10 win team, just not a championship one.

206747[/snapback]

We need:

1. A new kicker

2. At least a new left guard and maybe more, depending on the Jennings situation

3. A new QB (hopefully Losman is the one)

Everything else is minor. Can't do much better than the #2 statistical defense in yards allowed/game and #1 in turnovers produced. We can't expect to build the 85 Bears D in order to win games. The offense needs to step up. Maybe if our offense didn't leave our D on the field for so long, our D wouldn't have choked as much as they did this season.

Jags game: Bills won the TOP by almost 8 minutes. In the first Jets game, they lost the TOP. However against the Steelers, the Bills were winning in TOP until that crushing 9 minute drive against the 3rd stringers. So that's 2 of 3 games. And yes while other positions could stand to improve, defense cannot be left-out.

Jags game:  Bills won the TOP by almost 8 minutes.  In the first Jets game, they lost the TOP.  However against the Steelers, the Bills were winning in TOP until that crushing 9 minute drive against the 3rd stringers.  So that's 2 of 3 games.  And yes while other positions could stand to improve, defense cannot be left-out.

206780[/snapback]

Defense HAS to be left out.

the Offense is what killed this team for the past 10 years or so.

This board is hysterical. The Jets score 9 points against the Steelers in 2 losses and they're suddenly a complete team? Had the BILLS lost a game by playing the same way the Jets did most of you'd literally be cutting every player.

Ridiculous. You people seriously need some perspective.

Jags game:  Bills won the TOP by almost 8 minutes.  In the first Jets game, they lost the TOP.  However against the Steelers, the Bills were winning in TOP until that crushing 9 minute drive against the 3rd stringers.  So that's 2 of 3 games.  And yes while other positions could stand to improve, defense cannot be left-out.

206780[/snapback]

Let's try it this way:

Tell us all EXACTLY what you believe needs to be fixed on the D over the offseason, and in doing so specify particular D players that you would like to see in a Bills uniform and particular D players cut.

Me? I'm willing to give Kelsay and McGee another year to show their stuff before bringing in even more cap-busting free agents over 30 years of age. I'd be happy to see an extra CB, speed DE, and OLB somewhere in the middle of the draft, but that's all. The rest of our cap space needs to go to OFFENSE, OFFENSE, OFFENSE. Especially OL OL OL!!!!

Let's try it this way:

Tell us all EXACTLY what you believe needs to be fixed on the D over the offseason, and in doing so specify particular D players that you would like to see in a Bills uniform and particular D players cut.

Me? I'm willing to give Kelsay and McGee another year to show their stuff before bringing in even more cap-busting free agents over 30 years of age. I'd be happy to see an extra CB, speed DE, and OLB somewhere in the middle of the draft, but that's all. The rest of our cap space needs to go to OFFENSE, OFFENSE, OFFENSE. Especially OL OL OL!!!!

I agree on OL. That needs to be fixed first and foremost. With the weapons the Bills have on offense (could use a dominant TE though), they could be an offensive powerhouse with a good O-line. And on defense, I said they need a defense that can close the deal. I didn't say they needed to bust the cap on new guys. Hopefully another year will help the youngsters improve the defense.

206780[/snapback]

Also remeber the FG drive after th missed Lindell FG tow go down by two. No excuse for that either. That was the killer. The defense gave up at that point. I can accept screwing up but not giving up.