Rivalry of the Future: EJ & Geno

johnwalter

I have to admit I was calling for the Bills to draft Geno this time last year. :bag:

Watching last nights game proved Geno needs more time , maybe it would have been better to start Sanchez if he was healthy .

The Bills seemed to have made the better choice , wait until E.J. starts to hit the long ball. :) We are going to be tough to stop on Offence once we learn to play more error free.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am incredulous at the number of people saying they were "encouraged" by Geno's performance last night. Experts have called EJ raw but Geno defines the term. If the first read is open, he throws a nice ball -- nobody ever questioned his arm talent. But if that first read isn't open, he is a complete mess. 4 picks, 1 fumble, and 9 sacks against in 2 games. Geno is going to put up the occasional big numbers when his receivers have a good day, but against any competent defense I don't believe he is anywhere close to being ready. I can't wait for next week's matchup.

It's way too early to rate Geno's longterm chances, but is he Sanchez v.2? Shows flashes of good stuff but is largely underwhelming and throws too many picks? I wonder if they're just gonna waste a few seasons finding out he's not the answer, just like they've done with Sanchez.

He reminds me of Losman, without the good attitude. Great arm talent, can't read a defense worth a damn, and little pocket awareness.

It's way too early to rate Geno's longterm chances, but is he Sanchez v.2? Shows flashes of good stuff but is largely underwhelming and throws too many picks? I wonder if they're just gonna waste a few seasons finding out he's not the answer, just like they've done with Sanchez.

They might, since he is Idzik's guy. The OL is solid so can't blame it on that, they will say he doesn't have WRs and prob draft one or sign a FA to see if that helps. Rex will be gone after this year along with Sanchez and it will be Geno's team to sink or swim. I just don't see him as a leader.... time will tell.

Just watched replay of Sunday's game. One thing I love about EJ is his size. It is nice to have a big, mobile QB in the backfield. You get the sense that a blitzing cornerback would not be able to bring the guy down. He throws a nice ball, too.

Just watched replay of Sunday's game. One thing I love about EJ is his size. It is nice to have a big, mobile QB in the backfield. You get the sense that a blitzing cornerback would not be able to bring the guy down. He throws a nice ball, too.

Reminds me of Daunte Culpepper, but more polished.