Woman Loses 88 Pounds Before Your Eyes

ChevyVanMiller

Pretty amazing transformation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYsMjOy-F0

As an aside, I went from 250 pounds to 185 pounds three years ago by doing 3 main things:

1.) I stopped eating anything after 7 PM

2.) I cut out all fast foods and junk foods

3.) I took at least 2 mile and-a-half or longer walks daily

I am happy to report that by changing my lifestyle I haven't gained any of it back.

If any of you have been putting off dropping some pounds there is no better time to start than right now. If I can do it, so can you.

Stay strong (we need all Bills' fans around for years to come)

Chevy

good for you. I re-started walking and light weight training this week, i got sick of feeling sorry for myself, a group of guys at work walks a few miles every morning at 630 so i try and meet them here, if i miss them, which may be somewhat on purpose, i do the weights in our company gym.

i found out that its way easier to come to work at 630 dressed to work out than it is to bring your gym clothes and do it at lunch....i get there unshowered and in gym clothes, i may as well exercise then shower at work...if i try and plan on lunch, i always find an excuse to not put the effort in.

my biggest hurdle would be giving up beer...i probably should cut waaaay back, and have done so recently, but i don't want to eliminate it completely

Pretty amazing transformation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYsMjOy-F0

As an aside, I went from 250 pounds to 185 pounds three years ago by doing 3 main things:

1.) I stopped eating anything after 7 PM

2.) I cut out all fast foods and junk foods

3.) I took at least 2 mile and-a-half or longer walks daily

I am happy to report that by changing my lifestyle I haven't gained any of it back.

If any of you have been putting off dropping some pounds there is no better time to start than right now. If I can do it, so can you.

Stay strong (we need all Bills' fans around for years to come)

Chevy

good for you. I re-started walking and light weight training this week, i got sick of feeling sorry for myself, a group of guys at work walks a few miles every morning at 630 so i try and meet them here, if i miss them, which may be somewhat on purpose, i do the weights in our company gym.

i found out that its way easier to come to work at 630 dressed to work out than it is to bring your gym clothes and do it at lunch....i get there unshowered and in gym clothes, i may as well exercise then shower at work...if i try and plan on lunch, i always find an excuse to not put the effort in.

my biggest hurdle would be giving up beer...i probably should cut waaaay back, and have done so recently, but i don't want to eliminate it completely

When I quit smoking in May 2012, I joined Weight Watchers to prevent weight gain. I'm still on Weight Watchers (and still not smoking) and I've lost almost 40 lbs. I drink plenty of beer.

I know everyone is different, but whenever I begin to hit a plateau, I walk more. Like Chevy, it's my key to success. I walk a minimum of 2.5-3 miles/day. Sometimes up to 5-6. I count mowing my lawn, too (it's about 2.25 miles according to my pedometer)!!

If I was more diligent, I would have lost 60 lbs. in a year. I have no doubt. But ... I like my beer and I am far less-diligent on the weekends. During the week I eat a low fat/high fiber diet. Weekends, I'll splurge a little, but I only eat fast food about once or twice a month.

Best of luck to you.

My best advice is this: for exercise, do something you enjoy. If it's walking, walk somewhere interesting. I hate working out. But I've grown to love my daily walks. It never feels like something I have to do.

And I'm a yes at :04

Congrats, for getting started, Poojer. I think if you cut back on the beer it will help - also, consider light beer if you're not already drinking it. Keep up the walking - it will pay huge dividends.

Sam Adams Light and Guiness are two tasty choices that are lower in calories.

Keep up the good work!!