Hey all you speeling and grammer enthusiasts...up you'res

Beerball

I hammer my son with proper grammar. He gets pissed at times. We are judged on our command of our mother tongue ... right or wrong, it's true.

I can't recall who originated the post, but someone actually used "women" where it called for the singular form AND misspelled Manhattan - all in the same thread title.

I bet Beerball can find the thread to which I'm referring.

Does this not leave him bloody and bruised? Maybe you are kind and use a soft, fuzzy, pink hammer. The latter could cause him to have weird fascinations later in life kinda like Beerball does.

If you put oranges in a sock, they don't leave a mark.

I hammer my son with proper grammar. He gets pissed at times. We are judged on our command of our mother tongue ... right or wrong, it's true.

I can't recall who originated the post, but someone actually used "women" where it called for the singular form AND misspelled Manhattan - all in the same thread title.

I bet Beerball can find the thread to which I'm referring.

A fan forum is a place for recreational and freelance banter. The point here is to supplement the enjoyment of being a football fan for the beloved Bills. People, at least I believe, aren't here to be subjected to judgment.

Nearly every post could be scrutinized by the spelling and grammar police. For example your phrase "I hammer my son with proper grammar" is not in line with the context of your remaining post.

You likely meant "I hammer my son about the use of proper grammar."

The way you phrased your initial statement merely means you subject him to your use of proper grammar exhaustively.

Additionally, The last two attempts at sentences aren't properly punctuated.

Do any of these errors take away from your point?

A fan forum is a place for recreational and freelance banter. The point here is to supplement the enjoyment of being a football fan for the beloved Bills. People, at least I believe, aren't here to be subjected to judgment.

Nearly every post could be scrutinized by the spelling and grammar police. For example your phrase "I hammer my son with proper grammar" is not in line with the context of your remaining post.

The way you phrased your initial statement merely means you subject him to your use of proper grammar exhaustively.

What a dick.

Oh, and I meant that in a good way.

I understand your point, but not taking the time to craft a sentence in a consistent tense is a long way from someone typing "steam of steam", or referring to their favorite team as the "Bill's".

Gugny is correct; humans have been judging each other on their mastery of language for thousands of years. We don't all need to be Shakespeare, but not holding people to any standard because it's easier to type incoherent gibberish makes every aspect of the conversation less intelligent.

Edited by KD in CT

No, I meant I hammer him with proper grammar. When he says, "Me and Gabe are gonna go hang out at his house," I say, "Gabe and I."

I'm not one of the grammar police on the board (unless I just feel like being a prick - usually to someone else who's being a bigger prick). I'm also referring more to spoken English. More people hear what people say than what people write.

Furthermore, I don't judge people based on their grammar usage. I said it happens; I didn't say it was right.

My citing of the "Women/Manhattan" thread was a loving poke to Beerball's ribs, as he was the author.

And you totally nailed me on the punctuation. Don't judge me!!!