Travis wants to go to Miami...

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see why you and others wouldget your panties all up in a wad because a player or a even a GM would make an obvously false claim of being the greatest thing since sliced bread when they are trying to get top trade value and a good contract.

Everyone with half a brain no regardless of Henry or anyone's claims that they are both a floor wax and a dessert topping that its not true.  I hope you don't get pissed when you hear drug company ads, the coffee companies claim that coffee perks you up and it calms you down or that you don't buy cigarette company claims.

Such negotiating tactics are commonplace and actually expected or demanded of today's athlete who if he doesn't feel supreme confidence in himself and his play he hits the hole with a fear of being hit.

I see the spurious claims by an athlete who is going to be negotiated for when it comes down to TD and someone talking rather than be the principle for an actual deal to be negotiated with over his trade value as exactly the thing we want him to be saying right now so that the Bills can get the maximum possible trade value.

209724[/snapback]

This time I disagree with the premise of your post FFS.

Do you think that Travis is endearing himself to GMs by his idotic assertion that he is a "top 5 back?"

He is not. Top 5 backs probably earn in the range of 5 mil. or more per season. One of the ony selling points that Travis has is his inexpensive contract, BUT.....he only has a year left. I think that a GM would become skeptical about signing him with his limited skills if he wants LDT money, wouldn't you?

Sorry, imo, this was a dumb move by a not so smart person. His agent should tell him to shut the f%&k up.

Who here thinks the Bills should trade Travis and next year's first round pick to the Fish for this year's second overall pick? I don't think the Bills have any needs big enough for a second overall pick. Who would we go after, or would we trade that for a second and late-first this year?

Who here thinks the Bills should trade Travis and next year's first round pick to the Fish for this year's second overall pick? I don't think the Bills have any needs big enough for a second overall pick. Who would we go after, or would we trade that for a second and late-first this year?

209823[/snapback]

Maybe we should insist that they throw in Vernon Carey and Jason Taylor, no?

209823[/snapback]

Alex Barron or Heath Miller. A good pass protection LT or a top tier TE.

Seriously, scribo, did you see what the giants had to give to SD in order move up a mere 2 spots?

Teams pay dearly to move up. They do not get to dump headcase backs with limited ability who want off their respective team for a #2 pick.

209866[/snapback]

I got your point, Bill. Yes, but our GM is way smarter than the Giants, and we're not yet to the point where we're going after someone in particular. The Giants got seriously ripped off because they had advertised that they wanted Manning more than they wanted to win.

I don't seriously think the Fish would give up the #2 pick, but, hey, they've done some pretty dumb things in the past -- why not be the benifactor of yet another blunder?

My purpose of the post was to ask yet another "what if" question, which is what is done on this board 99% of the time. I don't think it is so far fetched that it doesn't deserve to be asked.

Teams pay dearly to move up. They do not get to dump headcase backs with limited ability who want off their respective team for a #2 pick.

209866[/snapback]

Scribo's question pertained to trading TH AND next years 1st -read the post.

This is an intriquing concept. We keep trading away the next years firsts, keeping us away from 'Big Bucks' for unproven talent for a stud. How about J. Taylor or maybe the USC receiver who couldn't play this year, Michael ...something..