Travis wants to go to Miami...

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Why do so many of you assume Henry will not play well elsewhere?  I do not want us playing him twice a year.  He's a punishing runner and would have all the more incentive to make us pay if he ends up in out division.

This dump-on-Henry movement is classic Bills fan behavior.  Either you are the savior of the world or you are dogcrap.  No in-between allowed. 

Remember how many TD's Antowain Smith scored against us while he was with the Pats?  The long game breaking runs late in the games?  He played better against us than he did against any other team in the league.  It didn't make him a great runner, but he was good enough to hurt us.

I agree. I do NOT want Henry in Miami because of the revenge factor, a la Antowain. I also don't see the Dolphins giving up the 2nd overall pick (no way!), they don't have a 2nd, and a 3rd is too late. Hopefully the Bucs step in. They're in Florida, play on grass, need a RB, and have a 2nd rounder.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly!! I don't want TH to go to Miami. It would suck in every way that something could suck. Especially if we don't get a good deal (like Miami's 3rd round this year)

Wasn't Buffalo TH's favorite team growing up. Didn't he always dream about being a Bills player... then why would he want to go to Miami. I just don't understand his thinking.

Also, I don't think that Miami will want to give up their number 2 overall pick. I dont' see that happening.

If TD somehow gets a 2nd rounder for TH, I will never question his abilities as a GM agian.

206482[/snapback]

What's to fear from Mr. Travis Henry? Runs every play as it called and can't get out of his own way. A 2nd for this washed up bum? I'd be celebrating for 2 days.

Why all the hatred towards travis henry??

jeez talk about unappreciative.  :w00t:

206518[/snapback]

I watched Henry from special open practice, through training camp, to the regular season. He was nothing but a disruptive cancer the whole time. The bills will be much better off without him.

If TD somehow gets a 2nd rounder for TH, I will never question his abilities as a GM agian.

206482[/snapback]

I agree...with the glut of available backs this offseason, a 2nd rounder would be a major coup for TD.

I'm also amazed at the indifference toward Travis...the guy played his heart out for the Bills...got shafted when they drafted Willis. I think anyone in his position would deserve to be pissed.

I watched Henry from special open practice, through training camp, to the regular season.  He was nothing but a disruptive cancer the whole time. The bills will be much better off without him.

206520[/snapback]

Much too harsh on TH. What did he ever do that was so bad? Does everyone forget that he was the only member of the offense that showed up last year??

I agree...with the glut of available backs this offseason, a 2nd rounder would be a major coup for TD.

The only backs that I see becoming available who might be as good or better are Alexander and Rudi Johnson. The Edge will be franchised. The difference is that Travis will be cheaper, since he's got a year left on his contract, and this will make him more attractive. Also there are a bunch of teams in need of a good RB, and only a couple 1st rounders in the draft.

I'm also amazed at the indifference toward Travis...the guy played his heart out for the Bills...got shafted when they drafted Willis. I think anyone in his position would deserve to be pissed.

I agree with this.

Why all the hatred towards travis henry??

jeez talk about unappreciative.  :w00t:

206518[/snapback]

When we drafted WM, Trais said it was a slap in the face.

He pouted all season on the sidelines, as other teammates congratulated WM for scoring TDs (something TH couldn't do behind the same Oline).

He waited all of 3.2 seconds after the season to cry about wanting out.

He is injury prone.

He held us back for years. We thought he was better than he is because of his "workhorse" mentality. Ya know what a workhorse mentality, without the skills to score TDs, and $.95 will get you? A large coffee from Burger King.

Much too harsh on TH.  What did he ever do that was so bad?  Does everyone forget that he was the only member of the offense that showed up last year??

206534[/snapback]

AJ1, unfortunately, won't be able to elaborate on that post. He's throwing stevestojan at The Stadium Wall and hoping some of it sticks.

When we drafted WM, Trais said it was a slap in the face.

He pouted all season on the sidelines, as other teammates congratulated WM for scoring TDs (something TH couldn't do behind the same Oline).

He waited all of 3.2 seconds after the season to cry about wanting out.

He is injury prone.

He held us back for years. We thought he was better than he is because of his "workhorse" mentality. Ya know what a workhorse mentality, without the skills to score TDs, and $.95 will get you? A large coffee from Burger King.

206538[/snapback]

Did you really expect the guy to be happy about his starting job being taken away? Hell, I'd be pissed too. I could care less if he pouted, he never caused any real problems. (refer to moss)

All I can say is that I am grateful for what he has done in a Bills jersey and that he has a good, injury-free conclusion to his career, preferrably outside of the AFC east.

The only backs that I see becoming available who might be as good or better are Alexander and Rudi Johnson.  The Edge will be franchised.  The difference is that Travis will be cheaper, since he's got a year left on his contract, and this will make him more attractive.  Also there are a bunch of teams in need of a good RB, and only a couple 1st rounders in the draft.

I agree with this.

206537[/snapback]

I agree, but there other backs that will be available that will make teams think twice about offering up a 2nd rounder when they can get these guys without giving anything up.

A-Train

Lamont Jordan

Marcel Shipp

Dominic Rhodes

Also, there are decent RFA's that can be had for less than a 2nd rounder.

Brian Westbrook (3rd)

Najeh Davenport (5th?)

Throw in some other teams that may move a RB - Browns, Broncos & Vikings, plus the three RB's expected to go in the 1st round (Williams, Benson, Brown).

This is why I'll be suprised if TD gets a 2nd rounder for him. I like the fact that they're leeting TH talk now. Move him early, before the market starts to define value.

If Rudi Johnson and Alexander leave their teams, then Cincinatti and Seattle will need backs. Its a net wash. Lamont Jordan will be a good back in this league. The rest of those players mentioned are nothing more than backups.

Teams that need a RB

Miami

Cincinnatti (might be sold on chris perry...but im not)

Indianapolis

Tennessee (Chris Brown is good, but cant stay healthy)

Denver (Droghns is a fluke...but denver doesnt know it yet)

Oakland

Philadelphia (Westbrook is a FA)

Minnesota

Arizona (Emmitt cant run forever)

San Francisco (Barlow causing problems in SF)

Seattle (Alexander FA)

Available

Rudi Johnson

Lamont Jordan

Edgirrin James

Cedric Benson

Carnell Williams

Ronnie Brown

Westbrook

Travis Henry

So, by my calculation 11 teams need a RB. I will leave out Denver and even Tennessee, since they probably wont be in the market for one. That leaves 9 teams.

There are 8 available backs that I can think of.

Demand exceeds supply. Always good news for a seller. And with the exception of Edgirrin James, TH is probably the best back of the bunch.

Now, tell me the names of 10 other RBs i forgot...cuz im sure they are out there.

Available

Rudi Johnson

Lamont Jordan

Edgirrin James

Cedric Benson

Carnell Williams

Ronnie Brown

Westbrook

Travis Henry

Demand exceeds supply.  Always good news for a seller.  And with the exception of Edgirrin James, TH is probably the best back of the bunch.

Now, tell me the names of 10 other RBs i forgot...cuz im sure they are out there.

206587[/snapback]

Well of that bunch, Henry is the 4th or 5th best back. James, Westbrookm and Johnson are all better backs, with Jordan and Henry splitting who is 4 or 5.

You also forgot Alexander, from your list.

Also, you forgot, Chester Taylor who did a decent job when Lewis was out suspended and injured.

Let's not forget Ron Dayne, who is a similar back with better hands.

Jonathon Wells, who is an excellant back down in Houston.

Anthony Thompson will get some looks.

Buckhalter as well will get lots of looks to start elsewhere.

Finally 4 players who will start or be a significant backup, without being a cancer on their team.

Davenport

Chatman

Emmitt Smith

Zereoue

So when all is said and done, TH is easily behind Alaxander, James, Johnson and Westbrook. He is also probably behind Chatman, who is a good backup to LT. Atrin is also probably ahead of TH. TH is even with Dayne, Davenport, Wells, and Jordan, in reality.

You really need to take your hometown blinders off and look at the reality of who is out there. There is a legit 10 guys there not even counting rookies to be drafted who would start on a lot of teams. To make it worse most of these guys are better lockerroom players and team players first. They do the little things like block and catch. Congratulate the other guy when he scores a TD, not sulking on the sideline.

For a full list:

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/freeagents/...asp?Position=RB

Oh yeah and all of this is up in the air if Ricky comes out of retirement.

I watched Henry from special open practice, through training camp, to the regular season.  He was nothing but a disruptive cancer the whole time. The bills will be much better off without him.

206520[/snapback]

This is contrary to what every one of Henry's teammates (you know guys like Bledsoe, Moulds, Willis McGahee) and coaches (and TD) have said. But, I know, you have had your iso camera on him since Willis McGahee was drafted, and you say he was "nothing but a disruptive cancer the whole time", so I will take your word.

My less obsessive eyes/ears only saw a guy who played hard, and was a disappointed to be told, basically, "you're best isn't good enough". He never came out and claimed he was a better back than McGahee. He merely stated that he wanted to be starting somewhere. He made very few complaints, and when he did, at least what I observed, he was normally goaded into it by reporters. Virtually every interview I have heard with him over the last year and a half started something like "Travis, how disappointed were you when the Bills drafted Willis McGahee", or "Travis, how does it feel to lose your job to Willis McGahee?", and so on and so forth. I never heard McGahee go off on any tirades. He asked to be traded, the day after the season ended. Why condemn him for that? The Bills are treating him like a commodity. If McGahee had gone down during the season (thank god he didn't), I have no doubt that Henry would have played as hard as we were accustomed to (remember, before we started hating him!).

Travis Henry gave everything he could give to this team for 3 years. He even played with a broken leg. The guy was our best offensive player the previous 2 seasons. You cant deny that. Yes, he had a problem holding onto the football, and occasionally had trouble picking up the blitz, but what he lost there he made up in heart ten times over. Travis will never break the long run (40 yards is his career long), but even with his 5-9 frame, he will move the pile and get 4 yards every time, which is just as good.

The guy gave us everything he could give us, and regardless what you guys here think, it WAS a slap in the face when mcgahee was picked. Henry was effectively told, thanks for being here...dont let the door hit you on your way out.

Imagine if we had a first round pick this year (along with losman), and we used that pick to take a Quarterback in the first round. Would that be a slap in the face to Losman? Clearly it would be. Thats EXACTLY what we did to travis. He has every right to be angry with the organization. Also keep in mind that about a month before drafting mcgahee the team approached him with a contract extension.

I have no problem with the way travis handled himself. He said some things immediatly after willis was drafted. He probably wishes he didnt say them, but he did, and they were understandable. He said he wants to start or be gone. Probably shouldnt have said that, but everyone knows he was thinking it. Then he shut his yapper for the entire season, and after it was done, he said he wants out, And I dont blame him.

Travis will succeed elsewhere, because he is the kind of back that will. He wont be flashy, he never was. But he will get the job done, as he always has. It would be nice to see him succeed here in buffalo, but as it turns out there was a reason he was slapped in the face.

So when all is said and done,  TH is easily behind Alaxander, James, Johnson and Westbrook.  He is also probably behind Chatman, who is a good backup to LT.  Atrin is also probably ahead of TH.  TH is even with Dayne, Davenport, Wells, and Jordan, in reality.

Angh (trying to make the "wrong" buzzer sound)! I'll give you Alexander and James (who will be franchised), but Johnson is NOT better, A-Train CERTAINLY is not, and the others are worse if not mostly unproven because they're all backups. Take off your Henry-hating blinders, and when you realize the number of teams who will be in the market for RB's and what teams REALLY think of the RB's who will be available, Travis will be one of the most sought-after.